Pre Match Manchester City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will be an interesting game and interesting test of where we are and what we've learnt from last season.

Let's be honest. The Man City and Liverpool games last December killed our confidence. We shat ourselves and never recovered. Yes there were other reasons at play (injuries lack of quality backup/options) but those two results and performances played a big part.

How we face this game will say a lot about how much this side - and Rodgers in particular - has learnt from last year.

From his comments in today's press conference, I'm expecting Brendan to set out his tactics differently this time and not be so defensive. I'm hoping that's what he's learnt from last year. I want to see us get in their face, close down quickly, but also give our own attacking threat.

Their attack will inevitably get through ours. But their defence can be got at. So if we set up defensively and to only try and contain them, and we don't try to get at them by countering at pace and don't test their back line, we aren't giving ourselves a chance.

I don't expect us to win. I think Man City ads going to storm the title this season. But I do want to see positivity in our performance.

It shouldn’t be, but this game is a bit of a free roll of the dice for us. We usually just roll over and get our tummies tickled at their place and we’re struggling with a few injuries, so I suspect if you asked everyone on the forum what they think the score will be (not hope it will be), pretty much everyone would predict a defeat. I’m kind of writing this off and thinking ahead to the next game and beyond.

We’ll set up like cowards, even though their back four is complete shite

3-0 home win

We’re going to bend over and let them shaft us. As we always do.

We may as well play the same side as against Arsenal.

We'll lose the game before the whistle blows anyway.

They have 13 fit players and no strikers of name. We have a chance. 3-1 to the team in sky blue.

Jesus is now out as well, meaning poor Manchester don't have a striker.

They sometimes don't play with a striker anyway.

Unfortunately BR's cowardice will allow Pep to get away with such egotistical bollocks.

we werent very cowardly in the first two games...

Evans for Ndidi and Maddison for Perez are the two changes I’d make. Praet playing a slightly wider midfield role. Cos’ Perez is shit as a winger (or possibly just shit) and Albrighton (sadly now) and Gray are shit too.

This weeks training schedule;

Monday - Running backwards
Tuesday - High intensity tummy tickling
Wednesday - Arse cheek spreading
Thursday - Bum licking
Friday - A lecture in advanced tantrums from Prof Kasper Schmeichel
Can’t tell if joke or genuine leak
Hopefully not the latter for Thursday's session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757