Pre Match Manchester City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play a diamond shape in midfield for this game, get our best 11 fitplayers out on the pitch so would go for -

Schmichael

Castagne
Evans
Soyuncu
Justin

Mendy
Tielemans.
Praet
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy

Ward
Amartey
Morgan
Hamza
KDH
Perez
Kelechi

Big day in the PL as the leaders travel to a side looking to emerge from the pack to challenge for the European places. Should be a close, tense encounter.

Thats the parallel universe I'm inhabiting this weekend.

What's your favourite?

Big day in the PL as the leaders travel to a side looking to emerge from the pack to challenge for the European places. Should be a close, tense encounter.

Thats the parallel universe I'm inhabiting this weekend.

What's your favourite?
Pickled onion of course.

Didn't someone mention bacon flavour ? I like Pickled Onion but I'm now tempted by the dark side

Didn't someone mention bacon flavour ? I like Pickled Onion but I'm now tempted by the dark side

If bacon flavour is a real thing, I need to find them.

Pickled onion could have to make do with a Champions League place.

Evans in for Ndidi keep the rest the same, the players have earned the chance to stay selected imo. Maddison will just have to wait to take his chance, as long as we have a go at them I can accept any form of defeat. playing defensive and getting spanked is not acceptable!
What are the odds for this one?

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Craig Pawson.
VAR: David Coote.
Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Oliver and Pawson.....sounds like an Aldi, knock off toiletry box set in the middle aisle.

The line up I'd go with is 4-4-1-1:

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Castagne Praet Tielemans Barnes
Maddison
Vardy

You have to be able to double up in wide positions at Man City. Justin and Fuchs are weak links but we're going to have them somewhere as we're just not strong enough.

If we go with the same formation as the first two matches, we'll get battered.

The line up I'd go with is 4-4-1-1:

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Castagne Praet Tielemans Barnes
Maddison
Vardy

You have to be able to double up in wide positions at Man City. Justin and Fuchs are weak links but we're going to have them somewhere as we're just not strong enough.

If we go with the same formation as the first two matches, we'll get battered.

I think that would be mad. Instead of playing 1 weak fullback, you'd go for two? And no defensive midfielder to help out either.

We would get absolutely destroyed with that, setup.

Evans in for Ndidi obviously.

Only other change for me is Maddison or Albrighton for Perez

I think that would be mad. Instead of playing 1 weak fullback, you'd go for two? And no defensive midfielder to help out either.

I totally agree that both Justin and Fuchs are the weaknesses in that line up. But any line up we select will have weaknesses. Justin at left back on his own with Mahrez? Mendy tracking Foden/De Bruyne? That's suicidal.

Almost all of our problems against Man City last season were down to us being overloaded in wide positions. They just exploited it so easily and put cross after cross into the box and won that way.

I'd expect Guardiola to have the same game plan today. So if I were BR, I'd be attempting to counteract it.

Castagne and Barnes have the ability to get up and down and offer support to Maddison/Vardy as well as Justin/Fuchs. Perez and Albrighton won't.

Head-to-head

• Manchester City have won six of the past seven Premier League meetings.
  • Leicester have lost four successive league games at the Etihad Stadium, their longest losing streak at Manchester City since a run of five defeats in 1961.
Manchester City

• Manchester City have not lost their opening top-flight home match in 25 seasons since a 2-1 defeat against Southampton in 1989-90.
  • City are unbeaten in 11 Premier League home games, scoring at least twice in each of them (W10, D1).
  • They have won their last seven fixtures at the Etihad Stadium by an aggregate score of 26-1.
  • City have led by two or more goals at half-time in their last six Premier League matches, a record run in the competition's history.
  • Kevin De Bruyne has scored seven goals and set up six in his past 10 league starts.
  • Gabriel Jesus has scored four goals in five Premier League appearances against Leicester.
Leicester City

• The Foxes have never started a top-flight season with three successive league wins.
  • A third straight victory would equal their best start to a league season, having achieved the feat in the second tier in 1899-1900, 1906-07 and 1922-23.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored five goals in his past eight appearances against Manchester City in the Premier League. He's also the only player to score a top-flight hat-trick against a side managed by Pep Guardiola, doing so in the Foxes' 4-2 win against City in December 2016.
  • Brendan Rodgers is winless in all seven away matches as a manager against Manchester City in all competitions (D2, L5).

I believe he is now eligible, but hasn't yet trained with the team so not likely

Leicester have lost four successive league games at the Etihad Stadium, their longest losing streak at Manchester City since a run of five defeats in 1961.
For clarity and accuracy, only the last of these five away defeats was in 1961. The first was in 1957.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757