Match Thread Manchester City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, looking at the bench I can't see anyone who deserves to start that would replace Amartey.

everyone is assuming that its a message playing Amartey, its the first time he's been fit to play since Rodgers has been here, he may actually like him as a player

everyone is assuming that its a message playing Amartey, its the first time he's been fit to play since Rodgers has been here, he may actually like him as a player

When asked about him last season, he showed the same level of interest in incorporating him into his squad as he did Slimani.

Erm.... OK.

I thought he might bring Albrighton in for Perez for the extra work rate and cover but Amartey!?!

Didn't exactly cover himself in glory against Arsenal reserves so not sure what we expect today.

Could be a very long couple of hours to get through....

I’d agree that he’s shown absolutely no interest in Amartey as an important squad member.

He’s also made clear here that he’d prefer we move on from Choudhury.

When asked about him last season, he showed the same level of interest in incorporating him into his squad as he did Slimani.
he was also out injured, unable to train and eventually had a second operation, he wouldn't be the first manager to not consider injured players in his squad thinking until they are back in full training and they get a real look at them

I’d agree that he’s shown absolutely no interest in Amartey as an important squad member.

He’s also made clear here that he’d prefer we move on from Choudhury.
how much interest can you show in someone recovering from nearly losing their leg until they actually get back fit? He'd literally never worked with him until recently

Back in December it looked like we were nailed on for the Champions League.

Now we’re starting Mendy and Amartey in league games. Not being doom and gloom, just didn’t anticipate us fannying about like this.

I’m just going to go for a walk I think. Ed O’Brien from Radiohead has done a solo album so I’m going to listen to that. Even if it’s shit it’ll beat watching us getting shagged by Man ****ing City.

how much interest can you show in someone recovering from nearly losing their leg until they actually get back fit? He'd literally never worked with him until recently

That's not true though. He was back and playing matches for the U23s for a good while before getting injured again. He was asked about him when he was fit.

Back in December it looked like we were nailed on for the Champions League.

Now we’re starting Mendy and Amartey in league games. Not being doom and gloom, just didn’t anticipate us fannying about like this.

I’m just going to go for a walk I think. Ed O’Brien from Radiohead has done a solo album so I’m going to listen to that. Even if it’s shit it’ll beat watching us getting shagged by Man ****ing City.

its shit

I would like to believe that players can earn their way back into contention, I hope this is the case.

Absolutely. Brinksmanship even with his starting 11.

He’s playing silly politics when in reality we have a chance of doing these.

He does my head in when it comes to these big games. An absolute wimp.
When it comes to playing the ‘big’ teams you are bang on. He’s a wimp.

Looks like a back 3 to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758