Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Soyuncu was very good.

Also, what has happened to Youri?

I thought Soyuncu was very good.

Also, what has happened to Youri?
I said this the other week. I think he was better last season when he was playing slightly deeper, effectively being the link between Ndidi and Maddison.

It's supposed to be the opposition's job to nullify our best players. We are doing it for them by playing them out of position and in a system that doesn't suit.

I perhaps wouldn't mind so much if we were defensively solid, but we're not keeping clean sheets.

Okay, Man Utd had a weak side out, but it was no weaker than the one they had most of last season.

Last season, they finished 14 points clear of us and did pretty much exactly the same sort of job on us at Old Trafford as today.

They at least have added three players this summer that have demonstrably made their first eleven better.

We've not have we? Three signings on the bench and none making any impact so far. Our transfer activity this summer was weak. The reason we're frustrated is because we have no obvious solutions.

All the way up to deadline day, I was convinced we were about to make one or two big attacking signings and they never happened.
Perez has looked pretty crap which is a worry.

Okay, Man Utd had a weak side out, but it was no weaker than the one they had most of last season.

Last season, they finished 14 points clear of us and did pretty much exactly the same sort of job on us at Old Trafford as today.

They at least have added three players this summer that have demonstrably made their first eleven better.

We've not have we? Three signings on the bench and none making any impact so far. Our transfer activity this summer was weak. The reason we're frustrated is because we have no obvious solutions.

All the way up to deadline day, I was convinced we were about to make one or two big attacking signings and they never happened.
Oh and thank god we have the proven calibre of Congerton to make some signings that count... oh wait.

Puel used to get a lot of shit (including from me) when he used to show teams too much respect, set up negatively, and play our most creative player out of position. Hence, Brendan has to take the blame for today’s monstrosity.

Gray starting was absolutely ludicrous especially considering he couldn’t even make the squad for the first few games. There’s no way he should be ahead of Barnes and Albrighton.

How many more average games will Tielemans put in before he’s dropped? He was poor like he has been all season.

I thought Perez looked much better today when he came on.

Pretty pissed off about that result. I'd been looking forward to the game all week as I really thought Leicester could get a result there. There was nothing in that Utd team that made me think they are better than us. On a positive note I got a letter from HMRC today telling me that I'd paid too much tax last year and I got a big wedge back.

On my way back from OT
Their fans were quiet. Some I spoke to were actually quite worried.
However, Old Trafford is quite intimidating
Players better than ours, have crumbled just walking onto the pitch
What I don’t expect is the referee to crumble
All I ask for is a level playing field, but sometimes you don’t get that
Today was one of those days

You stop play for a head injury, not because he’s wearing a red shirt and he wants his mummy
We may not have done enough to win, but didn’t deserve to lose
As for some of the comments, get a grip!

Here is my frustration. We are a good team. We are set up currently to play like a bang average team. I don’t know or understand why Rogers has changed what we were doing last season that worked.

I also ****ing hate Man U and the media at the moment. I would like my club to not sell any of our current squad to those ****s.

Here is my frustration. We are a good team. We are set up currently to play like a bang average team. I don’t know or understand why Rogers has changed what we were doing last season that worked.

I also ****ing hate Man U and the media at the moment. I would like my club to not sell any of our current squad to those ****s.
This is all ironic, isn’t it? Otherwise you would have said Rodgers

Just been reflecting having watched the extended highlights of the game.

1. Atkinson was terrible - totally biased in his decisions towards Utd.
2. There is nothing wrong with playing both Ndidi and Choudhury. We are a better team with them both in it.
3. Maddison on the left doesn't work as effectively as him in the middle.
4. Very soft penalty. Soyuncu was really unfortunate.
5. Tielemans and Ricardo were well off their game.
6. We continue our poor run of results and performances straight after international breaks.
7. 9 corners and several other decent set piece positions were all wasted, largely by Maddison.
8. The selection of Gray failed. He was the usual Gray, nothing like the 20 minutes against Bournemouth.
9. All the top six sides have more attacking threat than we do. We've screwed up badly not adding quality there in the summer. Even Everton and West Ham have better options. That's going to cost us a lot of points.
10. Our supporters hammering Maguire was absolutely right. We can't meekly accept losing players every year.

This is all ironic, isn’t it? Otherwise you would have said Rodgers
Yeah pretty much. I sometimes construct entire posts without the letter ‘d’ for lolz. Sometimes I just toss a ‘Rogers’ in there like a toss pot hand grenade. It always quickly identifies them :icon wink:

Other times I just post after one too many beverages.

Haven't seen enough to comment on the game. The only thing I can have an issue with is Gray starting. How many more years are we going to have of seeing if he's good enough? We should have bought a wide player and another forward in the summer. even so we still had better options than him ffs.

Just been reflecting having watched the extended highlights of the game.

1. Atkinson was terrible - totally biased in his decisions towards Utd.
2. There is nothing wrong with playing both Ndidi and Choudhury. We are a better team with them both in it.
3. Maddison on the left doesn't work as effectively as him in the middle.
4. Very soft penalty. Soyuncu was really unfortunate.
5. Tielemans and Ricardo were well off their game.
6. We continue our poor run of results and performances straight after international breaks.
7. 9 corners and several other decent set piece positions were all wasted, largely by Maddison.
8. The selection of Gray failed. He was the usual Gray, nothing like the 20 minutes against Bournemouth.
9. All the top six sides have more attacking threat than we do. We've screwed up badly not adding quality there in the summer. Even Everton and West Ham have better options. That's going to cost us a lot of points.
10. Our supporters hammering Maguire was absolutely right. We can't meekly accept losing players every year.

I'm surprised that throwing Kasper up front in the dying minutes...& then taking a ****ing short corner didn't get a mention. I suspect that Maddison is a thick **** even for a footballer.

Are we getting the Tielemans that pissed everybody off at Monaco now that he's got his juicy contract?

Spot on with the attacking thing. 58% possession & an XG index of 0.6 ! Basically created nothing. Vardy didn't get a kick. Currently if you nullify Vardy you nullify us. We have no other attacking threat whatsoever.

Before kick-off the media was suggesting that us, Everton & Wolves were best placed to break the top 6. Both the others have been complete shite so far & Wolves will remain so. So we should be a shoo in surely? Bollocks we are if we play like that. We come across as a team that wants top 6 but doesn't really believe we can do it.

What in the name of **** is it about that piss poor Utd side that would make anyone want to be cautious about taking the game to them? They've been held by Wolves & beaten by Palace FFS! If they finish top 5 then the PL really is shit.

there was a neon road sign on the way in to Old Trafford which was warning of traffic delays due to an event underneath was ''Man U V Foxes the battle for 6th''

Until we are willing to stop going into games trying not to lose rather than trying to win, we will get tonked around by most of the bigger clubs. This nonsense of Ndidi and Choudhury playing together despite the opposition is just holding back Maddison and, arguably, Tielemans from getting into the game more. It also means that we are struggling to find places for Barnes and/or Albrighton who still give us more width and more opportunity to attack as the game at Bournemouth showed. I think we looked much better when Perez came on as well, not least of all because it afforded more freedom for our most creative players and he tidied up nicely in there. A word about dropping Fuchs for Chilwell as well. Mental. That's the word.

We need to be more adaptable with our selection and more positive against teams whose obvious weaknesses are there to be exploited. Playing two DMs is understandable against a Spurs side who are rampant and will need to be contained. This is what I expect we will do. Playing two DMs against that Manchester United team on that day given their injury list and their previous hopeless performamces was utter, utter madness and completely nullified any chance we had of getting anything out of the game.

Blame the ref, blame a brainless and unnecesssry challenge, blame Gray being extraordinarily shit...these are all understandable. But let's not forget that most of the blame for that shower of shit should be laid at the manager's door. It's one mistake and I hope he learns from it. That was Puel's biggest problem; he was too stupid or too stubborn to learn from his errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757