Not open for further replies.
Two defensive midfielders

That’s a coward’s team

No Barnes? GOTM hoodoo?

Two defensive midfielders

That’s a coward’s team

“A point away against a side of United’s pedigree”

Blah blah blah.

Can guarantee we “need to keep it tight” first 15 minutes.

Sooner just nuke them off the pitch personally.

Yes we definitely need extra defensive cover to compete with that dynamic midfield

FFS

That Manchester team looks feckin dreadful, though, doesnt it?

Wow

That Manchester team looks feckin dreadful, though, doesnt it?

Wow
Plenty of fire power to come off the bench though.

To be fair, he's probably thinking Ndidi and Choudhury will dominate and outmuscle their midfield without Pogba there, and if we boss the midfield it means Maddison and Tielemans could get plenty of space to do their magic.

Seeing Gray in the starting line up is the biggest surprise for me! Hope he takes his chance.

We can definitely do this. I just hope we don't play too cautiously and accept a draw from the start because this is winnable.

If Maddison cuts inside, which he will be tempted to do, we will have very little width. I'd have kept Albrighton in personally and done without Ndidi or Choudhury.

Let them have the ball, they’ve got lots of pace on the counter attack but I don’t think they’re good enough to unpick us we keep it tight.

Then give them a right ****ing good blitzing on the counter.

Let them have the ball, they’ve got lots of pace on the counter attack but I don’t think they’re good enough to unpick us we keep it tight.

Then give them a right ****ing good blitzing on the counter.

And that is exactly why we had to play both Ndidi and Choudhury.

None of Perez, Barnes or Albrighton have done anything to merit a start this season (Barnes one hit aside). So fair enough to give Gray a go. This is a massive game for him.

I hope Vardy goes nowhere near Maguire. Lindelof is their weak link and we should have him running and scrapping off him.

We should win. But then, we should have won at Chelsea too. Let's see what Rodgers has learnt from that tactically.

And that is exactly why we had to play both Ndidi and Choudhury.

None of Perez, Barnes or Albrighton have done anything to merit a start this season (Barnes one hit aside). So fair enough to give Gray a go. This is a massive game for him.

I hope Vardy goes nowhere near Maguire. Lindelof is their weak link and we should have him running and scrapping off him.

We should win. But then, we should have won at Chelsea too. Let's see what Rodgers has learnt from that tactically.

Agree, I think the lineup makes sense.

The inclusion of Gray does suggest we plan to counter in my mind. Which I get. Because the counter is the only way I'd see them hurting us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263