Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a night to sleep on it and do a bit of soul searching....

We're gonna get so heavily bummed they will have to stop the broadcast.

Just don’t play ****ing Ricardo and Maddison cos they’re nowhere near good enough/fit enough to play right now

And don’t play a ****ing full back as a ****ing third centre back because it never, ever ****ing works, FFS. If you haven’t got three functioning centre backs, play a ****ing back four - it’s really not that ****ing difficult to understand and they might then actually have a ****ing clue what they are supposed to be doing

Also don't play Vardy. I watched some of his goals from our title winning season. He was successful through sheer pace. Now he just looks ordinary.

Is it because he's lost it or is he scared to go full throttle because he's not fit or scared of injury?

A tip for those of you who like a wager.

Identify an opposition player who hasn't ever scored for his team or hasn't scored a goal for several years.

Put as much money as you can on him.

I'm going to take a deep breath, try and get my shit together.

I think we'll still be 3rd come Tuesday. Further we could still have a 2 point gap if things go well for us. If OGS decides to help us out field a significantly weakened side then I reckon we'll have a good opportunity (yet again) to widen the gap. We can take the opportunity... IF we can get it together and play as we can.

What I'm saying is if Southampton was a 'must win', and Newcastle was a 'really must win' then this is one is getting dangerously close to 'last chance saloon'. I don't fancy us to get anything against Chelsea and I really don't want to be having to get 3 against Spurs.

We're still in this, and we can do it.

I honestly think this is a great fixture for us.

We are much better away than we are at home. We are much better against the better sides - we have won at Man City, Arsenal, Spurs already this season.

With a bit of the pressure off, this will free up our younger players that seem to struggle with expectations.

I hoped for a win last night but half expected what we saw. I fully expect us to win this given the wholesale changes Man Utd will have to make and the lack of anything much in the game for them.

We are much better against the better sides - we have won at Man City, Arsenal, Spurs already this season.

Which is frustrating because we keep taking the same approach to shit sides even though it's not working. Sideways across the back 3 until we cock up and concede, on 60 minutes take off a player to bring on someone who probably should've started....

It's interesting how the Man Utd fans that I know up here would be content with losing this game and then beating Liverpool. Solskjaer has already said that there will be heavy rotation. It will be very interesting to see the Man UTD line up for today's game.

We need to hope for a heavy Utd win today.

If they get that they will be on 70 points and 30+ goal difference.
That will mean that they have 99.9% secured Champs league football unless WHam, Liverpool win all four games and overturn a 15 goal goal difference deficit and us and Chelsea also win all remaining games.

If they win then i think they are very likely to rest a chunk of players on Tuesday to avoid the risk of injury and or burnout and save those players to try and stop Liverpool from making 4th spot on Thursday.

Essentially i am pinning our hopes on Utd wanting us to be in the Champs League more than Liverpool, which i'm pretty certain is going to be the case. They won't be competing for players with Leicester and if they knock Liverpool out then players like Haaland, Sancho, Mbappe etc have one less option other than Utd....

Ok i'm clutcing at straws, but if they line up on Tuesday with no Fernandes, Rashford or Pogba then I will certainly be happier....

We need to hope for a heavy Utd win today.

If they get that they will be on 70 points and 30+ goal difference.
That will mean that they have 99.9% secured Champs league football unless WHam, Liverpool win all four games and overturn a 15 goal goal difference deficit and us and Chelsea also win all remaining games.

If they win then i think they are very likely to rest a chunk of players on Tuesday to avoid the risk of injury and or burnout and save those players to try and stop Liverpool from making 4th spot on Thursday.

Essentially i am pinning our hopes on Utd wanting us to be in the Champs League more than Liverpool, which i'm pretty certain is going to be the case. They won't be competing for players with Leicester and if they knock Liverpool out then players like Haaland, Sancho, Mbappe etc have one less option other than Utd....

Ok i'm clutcing at straws, but if they line up on Tuesday with no Fernandes, Rashford or Pogba then I will certainly be happier....
I’m inclined to agree with all of that I think.

Will a weakened man Utd team with 11 players be a worse side than 10 man southampton? Doubt it personally. It's all about our application once again. Play players who are fit instead of giving unfit players 60 minutes would be a great start.

Certainly Maddison should be nowhere near this 11 or the cup final. Nor Ricardo. Their seasons look over to me.

I think we may see Amartey and Perez here.

Kasper

Fofana
Soyuncu

Amartey
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans
Praet

Perez

Nacho
Vardy

It’s not pretty.

Certainly Maddison should be nowhere near this 11 or the cup final. Nor Ricardo. Their seasons look over to me.

I think we may see Amartey and Perez here.

Kasper

Fofana
Soyuncu

Amartey
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans
Praet

Perez

Nacho
Vardy

It’s not pretty.

If we see Amartey it would stay a back 5, so stick Thomas in that lineup instead of Praet

Are 3 shaky defenders better than 2 shaky defenders? Hard to know

Has there been any comment yet on Evans' injury?

I’m inclined to agree with all of that I think.
Yes, me too.

I think ManU will line up comparatively strongly today, (hopefully) get the 3 points and rest players come Tuesday. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Though, tbh, I have my doubts as to whether we'd beat their U12s given how we've been playing - so exactly who they lineup against us may well be academic.

There was a suggestion made that our players have one eye on the FA Cup final, not wanting to get injured, so are half paced at the moment. I hope that's not true but it arguably tallies with what are seeing, at least superficially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757