Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Evans is not fit, and my guess is he won't be and BR will not risk aggravating an injury and losing him for the cup final, then we might see Ndidi drop back to CB again. He does a decent job there and is perhaps more trustworthy than Amartey. We have greater options/cover in midfield than CB at the moment.

He played Amartey twice against Man City but would rather play an out of position player there against Newcastle.

Baffling stuff.

Could be any ****er in there in the next game.

He played Amartey twice against Man City but would rather play an out of position player there against Newcastle.

Baffling stuff.

Could be any ****er in there in the next game.
Exactly this.

He's predictable in that he will always always always play Vardy, Maddison and Ricardo provided they are at least conscious and still have all their limbs, but unpredictable in some of his truly ****ing bizarre defensive lineups.

He's predictable in that he will always always always play Vardy, Maddison and Ricardo provided they are at least conscious and still have all their limbs
No, he doesn’t

If they get that they will be on 70 points and 30+ goal difference.
That will mean that they have 99.9% secured Champs league football
You think that they're not already 110% certain of Champions League qualification?

We need to hope for a heavy Utd win today.

If they get that they will be on 70 points and 30+ goal difference.
That will mean that they have 99.9% secured Champs league football unless WHam, Liverpool win all four games and overturn a 15 goal goal difference deficit and us and Chelsea also win all remaining games.

If they win then i think they are very likely to rest a chunk of players on Tuesday to avoid the risk of injury and or burnout and save those players to try and stop Liverpool from making 4th spot on Thursday.

Essentially i am pinning our hopes on Utd wanting us to be in the Champs League more than Liverpool, which i'm pretty certain is going to be the case. They won't be competing for players with Leicester and if they knock Liverpool out then players like Haaland, Sancho, Mbappe etc have one less option other than Utd....

Ok i'm clutcing at straws, but if they line up on Tuesday with no Fernandes, Rashford or Pogba then I will certainly be happier....
Villa currently ahead. United to respond by thrashing us on Tuesday. It's fate isn't it?

You don't think those three players are living off past performances despite being completely ineffectual at the moment?
He isn’t always always always playing them. Well, maybe except Vardy.

I reckon Ricardo is only being used at the moment to get his match fitness up, to help him recover form. I think it's clear to all that he's not back to being the player he was before his injury and neither is BR expecting him to be. A balance being struck perhaps?

Similar with Maddison though a difference is that Maddison is closer to being back to form. Also, and I know some folk don't rate him but for me, he remains a player that can make something happen.

Which brings us to Vardy. Maybe there is a case for dropping him (on balance I think not but I am open to persuasion) but you've then got to ask yourself who you replace him with and what that'll do to our shape and, ironically, to Nacho's form. Nacho's finding the net (yep, I find myself saying that in almost incredulity! ) and whilst our striking partnership is working, you don't dick with it. Besides, whilst defenders are still aware of Vardy, he's a thorn it serves to keep.

I reckon Ricardo is only being used at the moment to get his match fitness up, to help him recover form. I think it's clear to all that he's not back to being the player he was before his injury and neither is BR expecting him to be. A balance being struck perhaps?

Similar with Maddison though a difference is that Maddison is closer to being back to form. Also, and I know some folk don't rate him but for me, he remains a player that can make something happen.

About right - we are playing two players who look nowhere near fit, and nowhere near match ready. They’re way off the pace

And that’s precisely why we’ve just shat five points down the shitter and look like pissing top 4 up the wall (again)

****ing ridiculous

West Ham will blow it. It's in their DNA.

The way I see it, is if we can beat Man Utd reserves on Tuesday and Man Utd first team can beat Liverpool on Thursday, that's pretty much it. We've finished top four. Whatever happens between now and the final day, we will have a game against Spurs (who will have nothing to play for) to do it if we haven't already.

What on earth are all the meltdowns for?

Ricardo has been on the bench for three of the last four games.
I'm not saying he's always used as often as Vardy and Maddison but he is often included for not much reason despite being way off it for a while now. Your pedantry is appreciated though

I don't think anyone has mentioned it but out of all the injuries this season I think the one that has caused the most problems is Justin's. His ability to play in three different positions is a big miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263