Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if that's the line up vs us how shit a side is going to be put out against Liverpool

I'm not really sure where this idea came from that Man Utd would play a shit side against us to focus on Liverpool instead, because they'd prefer us to get into the CL than Liverpool, as I've seen suggested on here at least once or twice.

They've just tried to form a breakaway league with Liverpool to stop the likes of us breaking into their party!

The fans might prefer losing to us rather than Liverpool, but the club would clearly rather keep the likes of pesky Leicester out.

Of course we're doing a good job of making sure we don't bother them at the minute...

I really doubt either of those line-ups are right though. I think Man Utd's will be a lot weaker than that starting XI, and we won't line-up in that system.

Us sticking to 3-5-2 and putting Castagne there would make no sense.

I could see why he did it the other night since Evans only got injured in the warm up and it was an attempt to avoid a change in system just before kick off, but there's no way we'd plan to start like that tonight.

If he wanted 3 at the back tonight Amartey or Fuchs would be in there. Castagne isn't a centre back and is important for getting forward.

I think it's 4-4-2 still

I'm not really sure where this idea came from that Man Utd would play a shit side against us to focus on Liverpool instead,
The fact that they played a strong team on Sunday suggests that it will be weaker today.

Being their second match of three in five days helps us.
If they were playing Liverpool today and us on Thursday I'd expect a stronger team against us.

I'm expecting a 2 - 0 win to city today. I have absolutely no grounds for this expectation but that's what I expect. I bet the bastards let me down.

Have we lost yet?

I'm not really sure where this idea came from that Man Utd would play a shit side against us to focus on Liverpool instead, because they'd prefer us to get into the CL than Liverpool, as I've seen suggested on here at least once or twice.

They've just tried to form a breakaway league with Liverpool to stop the likes of us breaking into their party!

The fans might prefer losing to us rather than Liverpool, but the club would clearly rather keep the likes of pesky Leicester out.

Of course we're doing a good job of making sure we don't bother them at the minute...

Liverpool not being in the champions league benefits man utd more than us not being there. They compete with eachother for fans and new signings etc.

The fact that they played a strong team on Sunday suggests that it will be weaker today.

If they were playing Liverpool today and us on Thursday I'd expect a stronger team against us.

I agree with that, but I've seen a few suggestions that they would play a weaker team to help us, which isn't the case.

Like you say, if the games were the other way around they'd play the stronger team against us

I'm not so sure. Living up here it is incredibly obvious that they despise the scousers and they would also be very disappointed with Solskjaer if he were to play a weakened team against them.

Man Utd can still win the league so they won't want to gift us any points at all.

I think they will rest a few but we won't see a complete second string from them.

When was the last time we beat Man Utd home and away in the same season? Have we ever done it??

odds for Utd have just rocketed to 2.5 or 3 to 1 and leicester into almost evens.
someone has seen something or people are lumping on Leicester in the hope that Utd are tired / under strength...

odds for Utd have just rocketed to 2.5 or 3 to 1 and leicester into almost evens.
someone has seen something or people are lumping on Leicester in the hope that Utd are tired / under strength...

Yeah the odds have pretty much reversed from this morning.

They’re all on that great app - get yer money on quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758