Kick-off: 7:00 p.m.

Tickets

£10 Adults
£5 Concessions

All pay on the gate.

Directions & Parking

M1 to Junction 28

Take the A38 towards Mansfield

Look for a large junction which has B&Q on the left side. Get into the right hand lane and turn right, passing Kings Mill Hospital on your left. You are still on the A38.

Carry on until you reach a cross-roads with the Sir John Cockel pub on your left. Turn right into Sheepbridge Lane.

Follow this road down until you reach another pub, the Lord Byron. Turn left here on to Quarry Lane.

The ground is on the left hand side on this road.

There is a small car-park at the ground - first-come, first-served. When this is full there are Pay & Display car-parks nearby. Be wary about parking on the nearby retail park - clamping in operation.

Trains

Mansfield station (NOT Mansfield Woodhouse station NOR Alfreton and Mansfield Parkway station, which in any case is just called Alfreton again) is right next to the ground. The last train back to Leicester leaves just 2 minutes after the game (not including injury time) is due to finish so you would need to leave about 5-10 minutes from the end to be sure of catching it. There are no later trains from either of the other two station.

Cheap Day Return fare is £10.20

Pubs

There are many public houses in the town centre which is only a ten minute walk from the ground. Although not all are away support friendly; two to definitely stay away from are the Old Victoria and the Market Tavern.

However, the Early Doors pub (next to Currys) and very near the ground is extremely away friendly and welcomes families and responsible fans. They serve up a good range of food and have a well stocked bar.

Within walking distance from the ground there are lots of places to eat; Macdonalds, Burger King, KFC and fish & chip shops and others. For cheapskates, there is also a Safeways (?now rebranded as Morrisons?) where you can grab a sandwich, a bag of crisps and a can or two,

When I went here about 4 years back.

I parked on the retail park (it's the risk you take), went into Mansfield turned back because nowt was there and then popped in Safeway for some'ut to eat.

Went to see Mansfield demolish Darlington 4-2

The first time I went to Mansfield was for their first ever live Sky game, an FA cup match against Preston on a Saturday night.
Before the match Mansfield's new floodlights were switched on, which they said would make the ground much better fot TV coverage. It was abandoned after half an hour because of fog :icon_roll

Didn't mind too much though, earlier in the day I'd seen Peterborough thrash h*rl*w 7-0.

One thing I will add, DO NOT consider getting any of the buses into Nottingham from Mansfield to connect for the train station. All the buses from Mansfield go to The Victoria Centre, which is a good 20-25 minute walk from the train station.

One thing I will add, DO NOT consider getting any of the buses into Nottingham from Mansfield to connect for the train station. All the buses from Mansfield go to The Victoria Centre, which is a good 20-25 minute walk from the train station.

Wouldn't be any point anyway. The last train from Nottingham to Leicester would have gone long before you could get there.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be any point anyway. The last train from Nottingham to Leicester would have gone long before you cold get there.

My post was just to stop people from looking at this as a alternative.

When I went here about 4 years back.

I parked on the retail park (it's the risk you take), went into Mansfield turned back because nowt was there and then popped in Safeway for some'ut to eat.

Went to see Mansfield demolish Darlington 4-2

Thought you hadn't had your driving license that long?

Any one who is desperate to go this game and has to go on public transport, I have found a way to get home (A little mad, but if your desperate it will work) After the game you need to head back in to Nottingham City Centre. You will need to catch the Air-Link bus from outside the train station. It runs every 30 mins until 23.10pm - Cost £5.00 to East Mids Airport. The Leicester Sky Link runs every 60 minutes (Last Bus 23.09pm) - Cost £6.00 - (Vouchers inside terminal building to get yourself £1 off) - As I said a little mad, but it's an option for you hardcore supporters :icon_wink

Any one who is desperate to go this game and has to go on public transport, I have found a way to get home (A little mad, but if your desperate it will work) After the game you need to head back in to Nottingham City Centre. You will need to catch the Air-Link bus from outside the train station. It runs every 30 mins until 23.10pm - Cost £5.00 to East Mids Airport. The Leicester Sky Link runs every 60 minutes (Last Bus 23.09pm) - Cost £6.00 - (Vouchers inside terminal building to get yourself £1 off) - As I said a little mad, but it's an option for you hardcore supporters :icon_wink

Where did you get the times from?

According to the timetable I have, the last bus of the day from EMA is 2317, with the next one being at 0117

The first time I went to Mansfield was for their first ever live Sky game, an FA cup match against Preston on a Saturday night.
Before the match Mansfield's new floodlights were switched on, which they said would make the ground much better fot TV coverage. It was abandoned after half an hour because of fog :icon_roll

Didn't mind too much though, earlier in the day I'd seen Peterborough thrash h*rl*w 7-0.

I think that was my first ever non-Leicester game I went to. 1991??

I stood in the London Road end. Loved the song about Cambridge s**m.

Am I talking about the same game?? Someone got a hat-trick to my knowledge. But it wasn't the prolific Tony Adcock, who was a thorn in Leicester's side for the three years after that!!

Mansfield are saying the games is on ..

Despite heavy rain in Mansfield this afternoon, tonight's friendly match at home to Leicester is still on tonight with kick off at 7pm.

Should the situation change we will inform you first here on mansfieldtown.net

What I will say though, If it continues to rain like it has been doing for the last 2 hours, there is no why this game will go ahead.

It's been raining very heavy for the last 2 hours, visibility is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566