Marcus Bent and the show boating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Did anyone else think that Bent was show boating an awful lot on Saturday? He kept trying to take on the whole of the Arsenal team. He's clearly putting himself in the shop window but do you not think he did it a bit too obviously? Don't get me wrong I think Marcus is a quality player and would love him to sign on a more permanent basis but I don't think it shows much respect to LCFC if he just uses us to further his career.

Joe_Fox said:
Did anyone else think that Bent was show boating an awful lot on Saturday? He kept trying to take on the whole of the Arsenal team. He's clearly putting himself in the shop window but do you not think he did it a bit too obviously? Don't get me wrong I think Marcus is a quality player and would love him to sign on a more permanent basis but I don't think it shows much respect to LCFC if he just uses us to further his career.

He was doing it to try and take the piss, what better than for a relegated team to get fancy and fcvk them up.

I think there was more to it than this Malf to be honest.

it was getting a bit frustration when there was an easy pass on and he didn't take it, i lost count how many times he lost the ball, it was one of his poorest games while he's been with us......who needs bent when you've got mad frank steaming down the wing!!....that was a joke!

Let's get some perspective here. If if he was playing up on Saturday, I saw the game and anything he did was not that outrageous, let us not go overboard and buy into this Ipswich fan view of Bent that he is a "big time Charlie".

If the rest of the team had done their bit as well he, Les and Dickov have done over the season then we would be in Europe next season. :roll:

He certainly was trying to impress on Saturday, but most of it didn't come off. It was frustrating to see that we had some promising situations, but didn't exploit them, and this was more often than not down to Bent being greedy and taking half the team on at one go.

I really hope we can keep him next season - Can't see it though. :(

Scowcroft said:
He certainly was trying to impress on Saturday, but most of it didn't come off. It was frustrating to see that we had some promising situations, but didn't exploit them, and this was more often than not down to Bent being greedy and taking half the team on at one go.

I'm glad it wasn't just me, cheers Scowy.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:

It was even more frustrating when you're at the game. I remember one passge of play where he lost the ball, and then just couldn't be bothered to get back and help. I think this is where this 'lazy' tag applies to him. If it doesn't go well for him, he aint interested sometimes.

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:

It was even more frustrating when you're at the game. I remember one passge of play where he lost the ball, and then just couldn't be bothered to get back and help. I think this is where this 'lazy' tag applies to him. If it doesn't go well for him, he aint interested sometimes.

Sounds like Emile!

Bent was extremely poor on saturday, I'm not sure what position he was meant to be in but a lot of the time Dickov was on his own. I really hope he stays though.

Tom W said:
Bent did a fine job on the wing on Saturday, Dickov was suppost to be up front on his own.

That's right. Bent was playing right wing, with the intention of supporting Dickov when he could. Although his performance weren't great - He kept trying to take half of the Arsenal team on at one go. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757