lcfc lad said:
i'd love to see him at the walkers bowl next season

The stadium is called 'The Walkers Stadium' :lol: :wink:

City Fan said:
lcfc lad said:
i'd love to see him at the walkers bowl next season

The stadium is called 'The Walkers Stadium' :lol: :wink:

Still call it Filbert Street. :wink:

think bent would take defences in division 1 apart. providing his attitude was right of course. If we could manage to afford bent aswell as dublin and ferdinand i think we would stroll the first division. Obviously we need a couple of midfielders but i have a feeling that bryan hughes will be on his way and i think he would also be very good in the first divsion (i refuse to call it the championship, what a load of bollox that is!).

I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

The massive wages he's on makes this impossible.....

Scowcroft said:
I can't believe anyone thinks we have a chnace of getting Bent - It's not going to happen.

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:

Unless we do a deal whereby ipswich still pay some of his wages, like we do with akinbiyi, and leeds do with fowler

do we really still pay akinbiyis wages where did you hear that???

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.

could do, although he may want more than £10,000 p/w

I also heard that pablo/paulo counago is available 'for the right price', maybe worth a look??

gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:

and i do think we can get bent a offer of 250 k with an extra 500 k when we get promoted will do the trick and we can get him on wages of around 10 k a week, but with a wage rise when we get promoted what do you reckon will this work.

Why else do you think he would play for stoke, palace etc? They pay him thier top whack we make up the rest until the end of his contract. Taylor didnt believe in contracts lasting less than 5 years. Hence why Elliott is still here on 30k. What kind of muppet gives a 32yr old a 5 year deal!! What were the chances of him being worth that much at 37? Tw@t!

Lboro fox said:
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:

Why else do you think he would play for stoke, palace etc? They pay him thier top whack we make up the rest until the end of his contract. Taylor didnt believe in contracts lasting less than 5 years. Hence why Elliott is still here on 30k. What kind of muppet gives a 32yr old a 5 year deal!! What were the chances of him being worth that much at 37? Tw@t!

It wouldn't surprise me if we were still paying Akinbiyi's wages - No way he would have moved to Palace on a substantially reduced wage.

Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we were still paying Akinbiyi's wages - No way he would have moved to Palace on a substantially reduced wage.

I would think we were paying a fair bit to Palace but when they sold him on I would not think they had the legal right to pass on our payments to Stoke. Having said that I would think these things are subject to negotiation and it would not surprise me if we make some contribution but hopefully much less than if we were still paying Palace.

We aren't paying Akinbiyi's wages! :shock:

Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
gagandeep said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:

Akinbiyi wanted out, he couldn't hack it with us anymore. He would have left Palace for a reduced wage IMO, I bet they still paid him £10,000 a week.

Has anyone else heard about the unknown Finnish player we are after. He currently plays in Sweden for a lower league team. He is only 17 but is "a mature player", goes by the name of Torbaurn Arnar. You heard it first here.

Joe_Fox said:
Has anyone else heard about the unknown Finnish player we are after. He currently plays in Sweden for a lower league team. He is only 17 but is "a mature player", goes by the name of Torbaurn Arnar. You heard it first here.

What an odd name, I wonder if his nickname is TOP BANANA

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

What an odd name, I wonder if his nickname is TOP BANANA

Probably. He's a slippery customer apparantly, the translation is a bit fragmented but it says he is "eel like" or something.

We're linked to a lot of unkown foreign players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757