• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrescu said:
Ricey said:
I like the Dickov/Ferdy partnership.
I dont, its the least effective.

No it's not.

Dickov and Sir Les link up very well, and are our top scorers. But I suppose because they're both over 30, then that has something to do with your opinion.

Bent is more effective on the right wing IMO. He has pace, skill, the ability to beat people, and is very good aerailly. As already pointed out, his defending is good too, and he works very hard.

Scowcroft said:
Petrescu said:
Ricey said:

No it's not.

Dickov and Sir Les link up very well, and are our top scorers. But I suppose because they're both over 30, then that has something to do with your opinion.

Bent is more effective on the right wing IMO. He has pace, skill, the ability to beat people, and is very good aerailly. As already pointed out, his defending is good too, and he works very hard.
Just because they are the top scorers doesnt mean they are the best partnership.

If you have time to find out how many goals were scored with the following..
Bent/Ferdinand
Bent/Dickov
Dickov/Ferdinand...
then you'll agree that it isnt the best partnership up front.

Let me guess, you disagree?

Petrescu said:
Scowcroft said:
Petrescu said:
Ricey said:

No it's not.

Just because they are the top scorers doesnt mean they are the best partnership.

If you have time to find out how many goals were scored with the following..
Bent/Ferdinand
Bent/Dickov
Dickov/Ferdinand...
then you'll agree that it isnt the best partnership up front.

Let me guess, you disagree?

Good guess, because that is correct. I disagree because you often let your general resentment of experience get in the way of your opinions.

Whenever I see Dickov and Sir Les upfront, they link up well. Their all round play is good and they have a good understanding of where each other are. Bent is too inconsistent, and is often found missing in games when things are against us. The least effective partnership is Bent/Ferdinand. They have never seemed to gel when they have played.

Dickov/Sir Les is on par with Dickov/Bent IMO.

Ferdinand, Dickov and Bent have scored a total of 27 Prem goals. This is the amount that was scored with each pairing:

Dickov/Bent = 11 (including 1 penalty)
Dickov/Ferdinand = 9 (including 1 penalty)
Ferdinand/Bent = 5
Dickov/Deane = 1
Ferdinand/Brooker = 1

They've also scored 4 cup goals with these pairings:
Dickov/Bent = 2
Dickov/Ferdinand = 1
Dickov/Stewart = 1 (pen)

Its all well and good doing that, but the thing is..

Have you taken into account games like Spurs, Ferdinand went off and then Bent went up front and goals were scored. That would then be the Dickov/Bent partnership from that moment.

Petrescu said:
Its all well and good doing that, but the thing is..

Have you taken into account games like Spurs, Ferdinand went off and then Bent went up front and goals were scored. That would then be the Dickov/Bent partnership from that moment.

Yes.

Ok.
Well as long as Dickov and Ferdinand are up front with Bent on the wings i'm ok with that.
If Scowcroft appears on the wing again with them 2 up front i wont be happy.

Bents a great player in both positions. Hopefully he will be one of our signings at the end of the season

Yeah, he has proved an exceptional player. Micky's best signing? (even though it's not permanent - yet.)

Joe_Fox said:
Yeah, he has proved an exceptional player. Micky's best signing? (even though it's not permanent - yet.)

I duno about the best signing because Thatcher has been sucessful so theres two great signings.

buzzer_b said:
Joe_Fox said:

I duno about the best signing because Thatcher has been sucessful so theres two great signings.

And Freund, Ferdinand and Guppy?

Joe_Fox said:
buzzer_b said:
Joe_Fox said:

And Freund, Ferdinand and Guppy?

Ohh yeah, sorry my brains not working properly, ive only just woke up :wink:

Isn't it c=ap we don't even have/use chants for our players anymore?

Bent certainly deserves one. Dunno about you but I cringe every time the opposing fans sing a song for one of their players. It's gutting, no in fact embarrassing. :oops:

Still, going over old ground (excuse the pun!) again.

Marcus Bent, Marcus Bent, running down the wing.... :p

Scowcroft said:
Petrescu said:

Poor you. He probably will when Les needs a rest.

I hope MA uses Canero instead. Scowcroft has been crap in that position, all respect to Scowcroft, and he would be better off playing either in behind the front two or as one of the front two. :p 8) :wink:

Steven said:
Scowcroft said:
Petrescu said:

Poor you. He probably will when Les needs a rest.

I hope MA uses Canero instead. Scowcroft has been crap in that position, all respect to Scowcroft, and he would be better off playing either in behind the front two or as one of the front two. :p 8) :wink:

I'm not sure Micky would use Canero. He's in limbo at the moment because he was purchased originally to play right back, but Scimeca is playing well there. He comes on against Brum on the wing, impresses there - The comes on again as sub against Everton, disappoints - Scowy now returns and it looks likely Canero won't really get a chance - Especially with Bent playing so well on the right anyway!

Time will tell, I would think that Adams will play Bent on the right wing.
The problem is, we haven't been banging them is as prolifically as we have been. Hopefully this will all change on Monday night and we'll hit them for six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757