Mark Robins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeno

Calling it a day

The former City striker has decided to call it a day at the age of 34.
He would like to be a manager and also in this link he say's Martin O'Neill is the best manager he has played under, and that is inlcuding Fergie.

It was because Fergie didn't say thanks for scoring that goal. :wink:

He was never the most prolific of strikers for us, a poor return on that £1 Million we invested.

Good luck to him.

Scowcroft said:
It was because Fergie didn't say thanks for scoring that goal. :wink:

He was never the most prolific of strikers for us, a poor return on that £1 Million we invested.

Good luck to him.

he was a bit player really, apart from the first season that we signed him in. he did score the goal v's Ipswich in the League cup run and an overhead kick v's Wimbledon in the league! (96-97 both of them..)

also had a huge part in our equiliser v's 'Boro in the League Cup final, I'd say he gave us value for money :wink:

good luck to him!

Was a legend at Rov Rum, good luck to him.

Malf said:
auzzie-fox said:
that goal vs ipswich was class

I was at that match, quality night.
same here and i had food poisoning. couldn't even finish me second pint before the game! :shock: Robins' goal cheered me up a little!

MKFox said:
Malf said:
auzzie-fox said:
that goal vs ipswich was class

I was at that match, quality night.
same here and i had food poisoning. couldn't even finish me second pint before the game! :shock: Robins' goal cheered me up a little!

I remember being a little worse for wear that night, also one of my mates was driving back after the match and his dad took his eye of the road and hit the barrier on the motorway and flipped on to the other lane on it's roof! Somehow managed to survive, scary.

i seem to remember the season we went up through the playoffs beating crystal palace, he scored around 20ish goals, but he struggled in the prem.

He got some important goals, and provided some important crosses.

He was too slow IMO but never hated him, just didn't look to be worth £1million.

Good luck Mark. Have a pint on me.

I remember him scoring at Maine road, in our only away win in the premier league, in a match that should have been abandoned after two minutes 'cos of the torrential rain.

Loads of our fans got stuck on the motorway and didn't make it until about ten minutes from the end. They came in piss wet through in a massive conga line.
Marvellous

Pity he's retired, with his profile I thought Micky might have signed him up..........

homer said:
Pity he's retired, with his profile I thought Micky might have signed him up..........

:lol:

Too young Homer, too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861