Injury News Matty James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Four months on from this injury and there is still no sign of him. Puel was asked about him again today and gave the stock answer to when he'll be available.

"Maybe in a few weeks . . I don't know".

It is still the same achilles problem.

It is particularly relevant right now as we have to submit our 25 man squad imminently. I would not like James to be included at the expense of any of the 'out of favour' players.

We surely cannot select him ahead of people like King or Simpson. Or frankly, even Elder or Kapustka. Picking James is like chucking a place down the toilet.

Four months on from this injury and there is still no sign of him. Puel was asked about him again today and gave the stock answer to when he'll be available.

"Maybe in a few weeks . . I don't know".

It is still the same achilles problem.

It is particularly relevant right now as we have to submit our 25 man squad imminently. I would not like James to be included at the expense of any of the 'out of favour' players.

We surely cannot select him ahead of people like King or Simpson. Or frankly, even Elder or Kapustka. Picking James is like chucking a place down the toilet.
And that is why he won't get one.
I really feel sorry for the lad as he clearly just wants to do his job. I think it might be time he considered retirement.

Yep. Jones.. sorry, James, is a wonderful player when fit but he almost never is. Even if he were fit now I still wouldn't want him picked ahead of a player who is rarely injured like King because the next long stretch on the treatment table is always right around the corner. No more silly new inflated long-term contracts for this lad, please.

who ever made the decision to give him that extension really does have some questions to answer, it was debatable if he was even good enough for us but with his injury problems we should have let him go like Huth

Even if his health problems miraculously healed by the weekend, it would still take him months to get up to match level fitness.
Be very surprised if he ever played for the 1st team again, never mind this season.

who ever made the decision to give him that extension really does have some questions to answer, it was debatable if he was even good enough for us but with his injury problems we should have let him go like Huth

I suspect the contract James got was weighted heavily towards appearances, with a relatively low basic salary.
Keeping him, even with his injury problems, may have looked like better value than buying a replacement.

Maybe he's not "injury prone", but has just been unlucky, and when he gets fit again he'll be OK for the next few years. Where's the flying pig emoji?

There's no way he'll be in the 25 man squad, unless we loan out so many players we have enough places for everyone still here. Or unless Puel thinks James in a wheelchair is better than King or Simpson...

He'd still pirouette into the Cardiff midfield right now though.

AFAIK there is one injury, the Achilles problem which started as a small tear, sustained in a fairly innocuous collision with Victor Moses in the home game against Chelsea 12 months ago - about two weeks after he signed his new contract, on the back of a six month loan spell with Barnsley, a pre-season and some decent performances in the early games of the 17-18 season.

I'd have thought the questions which might be asked would have been around the rehabilitation leading to his reappearance around Xmas - to my inexpert eye, he looked a different, top-heavy shape, and like some of our former crocks, like Matt Jones and Scotty Taylor, may have done for himself by tbe mental thing, over reaching to prove to himself and the ignoramuses in the crowd that he was fully recovered.

Let’s face it, he’s made of glass.

It's a sad story. I was one of the few who thought he looked pretty good last season when he played. He is a very neat and tidy footballer with a good brain and a calm head. It's unfortunate but I doubt we will see him play another Premier League match for anyone. He really shouldn't be given a place in the squad at the expense of a fit and healthy Andy King or Danny Simpson.

It's a sad story. I was one of the few who thought he looked pretty good last season when he played. He is a very neat and tidy footballer with a good brain and a calm head. It's unfortunate but I doubt we will see him play another Premier League match for anyone. He really shouldn't be given a place in the squad at the expense of a fit and healthy Andy King or Danny Simpson.

Indeed. What was also noticeable when he played with Maguire that he automatically covered for him when he ventured forward ensuring that the team kept its shape. He's always been tactically astute - and was very good alongside Cambiasso, who also knew what he was doing - and that's probably the reason he was given an extended contract. I hope he can recover at some point, even if he never plays for us again.

Still injured with no estimated date of coming back.

A very worthy place in the 25 man squad.

Still injured with no estimated date of coming back.

A very worthy place in the 25 man squad.

And Kingy came on for Wales this week and did a good job in helping them finish off their win against Ireland. It’s a shocker of a decision to put James in over King, and as he’s been said before shoddy treatment of King. King could at least ‘do a job’ off the bench or in the event of an injury crisis.

I read somewhere that Rangers were looking to take King in the January window. Wouldn't blame him for going and not giving us the option of giving him back a squad place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757