McAteer signs for Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
If his wage demands were too high for us and Sheffield United how the hell have Tranmere got him?

What happened to the prem club who we beat to his signature
Sounds like bull to me!!!!
One transfer i wasn't bothered about losing :cry:

bluefox said:
DurhamFox said:
If his wage demands were too high for us and Sheffield United how the hell have Tranmere got him?

Maybe he just wanted to go back to Merseyside :!:

His wage demands very astronimical! Tim Davies said this as did Sheffield United. My guess is he got cold feet and lowered his demands.

bluefox said:
DurhamFox said:

Maybe he just wanted to go back to Merseyside :!:

His wage demands very astronimical! Tim Davies said this as did Sheffield United. My guess is he got cold feet and lowered his demands.

Money was most definatley the issue. I have an email from Tim davies saying that his wage demands were ridiculous.

Wasn't it because he had a dodgy knee or something and they asked for this to be taken into account somehow in the contract, and he didn't want it to. Or am i getting confused with someone else

Probably because we saw him turn up at the ground, realised that he was absolutely shite for Sunderland last year (and that's why they let him go) and thought that Tranmere was about his level.

Who cares ??

So We hadn't actually agreed on his wage demands before we announced that he was signing...odd.Would you agree to take a job before knowing how much you were getting paid?I think someone may have 'jumped the gun' a little.He'll be happy at Tranmere anyway,maybe we can get Hume off them now.

highland fox said:
So We hadn't actually agreed on his wage demands before we announced that he was signing...odd.

What makes you say that?

The rumour is that the wages were agreed, but a problem was found in his medical which made Leicester want to change the terms of the contract, which mcAteer refused. So it was his medical that caused the problem, not his wage demands.

DurhamFox said:
Money was most definatley the issue. I have an email from Tim davies saying that his wage demands were ridiculous.

Well DF I`ll bow to your superior knowledge. after all you know the "top man" his finger is right on the pulse when it comes to football issues :lol:

What made me say that was Tim Davies telling DF that McAteers wage demands were so high.The problem in the medical was the realisation that he had a scouse accent.

highland fox said:
What made me say that was Tim Davies telling DF that McAteers wage demands were so high.The problem in the medical was the realisation that he had a scouse accent.

But if there was a medical problem, and McAteer insited on getting the same money as if he hadn't got the problem, wouldn't that lead to Davies saying he was demanding too much money?

I can't believe he would have the medical before talking about money, it seems only logical that the medical was the cause of the problem.

If he really was demanding too much money and there wasn't a problem with his medical, he's obviously made a big mistake because he'll be getting nowhere near as much at Tranmere.

I was only asking! I didn't expect the cross examination.Unfortunately I'm not privelaged to the inside info from the club.Whatever the reason I'm pleased McAteer didn't sign.

EMC Fox said:
mad biker said:
DurhamFox said:

Well DF I`ll bow to your superior knowledge. after all you know the "top man" his finger is right on the pulse when it comes to football issues :lol:

Do I detect sarcasm? :? :lol:

Sarcasm ? me ? NEVER :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861