McDonald returns for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicsfoxes1

From the official county site:

Leicestershire County Cricket Club are delighted to announce that Andrew McDonald the Australian all rounder will be returning to Grace Road for the 2011 season.

McDonald’s 2010 campaign was cut short by IPL and Australia A commitments before a shoulder injury in mid-July ended his English season prematurely.

Despite only playing six LV=County Championship matches, Andrew scored 442 runs at 44.20, including a career-best 176 not out and took 12 wickets at 26.66.

He also scored two half-centuries and a 49 in three FPT20 innings and recorded the season’s best bowling performance in that format by taking 5-13 in the win against Notts at Trent Bridge.

Having returned to full fitness McDonald has been taking part in the ICC Champions League in South Africa with his club side Victoria.

Acting Chief Executive Mike Siddall said: “This is great news for our members and supporters. Andrew was a popular member of the team and we look forward to welcoming him back to Grace Road.”

I hope and pray that he will be available for the entire season this time as he did a great job for us in his all too brief appearances.

I wonder who sanctioned the signing? Maybe Davidson sees it as a way to appease the members?

So whose going to be the new coach, saw Davidson interviewed, arrogant to say the least, blaming coaches and players for the current situation and the lack of cash. Seems to me, the money side of things is his responsibilty, ie raising sponsership income for example. Interfering in the playing side, is not on, ok, if Boon et al are not doing their jobs, to the Clubs satisfaction then there are other ways of dealing with these performance issues. However he still seems to be in the driving seat, I wonder for how much longer.

From the official county site:

Leicestershire County Cricket Club are delighted to announce that Andrew McDonald the Australian all rounder will be returning to Grace Road for the 2011 season.

McDonald’s 2010 campaign was cut short by IPL and Australia A commitments before a shoulder injury in mid-July ended his English season prematurely.

Despite only playing six LV=County Championship matches, Andrew scored 442 runs at 44.20, including a career-best 176 not out and took 12 wickets at 26.66.

He also scored two half-centuries and a 49 in three FPT20 innings and recorded the season’s best bowling performance in that format by taking 5-13 in the win against Notts at Trent Bridge.

Having returned to full fitness McDonald has been taking part in the ICC Champions League in South Africa with his club side Victoria.

Acting Chief Executive Mike Siddall said: “This is great news for our members and supporters. Andrew was a popular member of the team and we look forward to welcoming him back to Grace Road.”

I hope and pray that he will be available for the entire season this time as he did a great job for us in his all too brief appearances.

I wonder who sanctioned the signing? Maybe Davidson sees it as a way to appease the members?

Not news - this has been discussed around Grace Road for weeks, and unless he moves up over our winter in the Aussie pecking order - and subject to retention of fitness - he should play a lot more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669