McLeod to Charlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesterboy

Not sure if thats a good thing or not to be honest.... Maybe it will mean Matty Fryup will stay and fight for his place...

it's a bad thing because clearly he is a player that Martin Allen wanted to sign. I guess the silver lining could be that we can now afford Murphy???

I would be far happier with Murphy comming in than Mcleod. We need the solid base behind the forwards... I would have more faith if we were creating the chances and missing a few than taking the 2 a game we create...

I dont know what they paid for hm but it would have been atleast £1.5 m

I dont believe city ever really wanted him... Personally I think it was all smoke and mirrors to keep the wolves away from citys real targets... Old Milan and the Dawg are a couple of rascals!!!!

Journalists, lazy????!!!!!! How dare you.... ;)

Well the longer they stay lazy the more chance we have of getting out targets without the vultures circling and picking off the good ones....

I would be far happier with Murphy comming in than Mcleod. We need the solid base behind the forwards... I would have more faith if we were creating the chances and missing a few than taking the 2 a game we create...

I dont know what they paid for hm but it would have been atleast £1.5 m

I too would like to have Muphy here than Mcleod, Better value for money.

I bet he scores more than DJ although if it means we get Murphy i wont be too bothered ( Mcloud and DJ strikeforce would have been awesome).
It was said DJ was about to sign for Watford so the fat lady aint singing yet (clearing her voice though)

pleased he hasn't signed. think of all the threads saying shit like he hasn't scored 100 goals at this level so mustn't be as good as fryatt.

McCloud probably isn't half the player that Fryatt is. Which unfortunately proves how poor McCloud must be. Martin Allen knows McCloud inside out and probably reasons McCloud is no better/worse than even the fringe players of Eric O and Sappleton and, again, no better than Fryatt, who is excrement incorporated. (I am not doing down the two young players - they will come good and break into the team.) Why blow a £1.5m hole in your budget for someone like that? Campbell is by far a better player, so I'm sure we are all thankful big money was spent on a very good forward. The best forwards who have stepped up from smaller to bigger clubs this season I predict are Billy Sharp and Freddie Eastward. Campbell 3rd.

Last edited:
Campbell is by far a better player, so I'm sure we are all thankful big money was spent on a very good forward. The best forwards who have stepped up from smaller to bigger clubs this season I predict are Billy Sharp and Freddie Eastward. Campbell 3rd.

Birmingham to Leicester - I think a few Brummie fans may beg to disagree!

I for one would have liked Mcleod to come here. People can only guess whether he's good enough for this level, you cant compare him to Fryatt until he's played a season or two in the championship. Hopefully he will be a let down, but i have a feeling he will end the season with 15+ and Fryatt playing a minor part for us coming of the bench most weeks.

MA prefered DJ simple as that, and he know both players so that will do for me.

McCloud probably isn't half the player that Fryatt is. Which unfortunately proves how poor McCloud must be. Martin Allen knows McCloud inside out and probably reasons McCloud is no better/worse than even the fringe players of Eric O and Sappleton and, again, no better than Fryatt, who is excrement incorporated. (I am not doing down the two young players - they will come good and break into the team.) Why blow a £1.5m hole in your budget for someone like that? Campbell is by far a better player, so I'm sure we are all thankful big money was spent on a very good forward. The best forwards who have stepped up from smaller to bigger clubs this season I predict are Billy Sharp and Freddie Eastward. Campbell 3rd.

:confused: How the hell is going from a side promoted to the Prem to a side that nearly went in the opposite direction out of the Championship a step up. Being loyal to LCFC is one thing but lets be serious about it Campbell has took a step back. But i for one hope it really dose pay off for him.

:confused: How the hell is going from a side promoted to the Prem to a side that nearly went in the opposite direction out of the Championship a step up. Being loyal to LCFC is one thing but lets be serious about it Campbell has took a step back. But i for one hope it really dose pay off for him.

Err, yes, that was one flaw in my argument I grant you. However, I stand by the remarks that McCloud is no loss and that Fryatt is useless.

this team will have a deadly strikefroce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265