Message from the Chairman

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Today we share the loss and the pain of relegation together.

But we will be back.

We started this incredible journey together back in 2010 when we came to Leicester City – a much loved Championship club with great tradition and such passionate fans. Back then, we held an ambition – an ambition to bring the Club back to the Premier League.

It was an ambition which took us four years to realise, as we steadily and deliberately built the Club up, investing in our playing squad, staff and infrastructure to make sure we were Premier League-ready. We had some setbacks, but we kept pushing together, believing that what we were building would eventually take us to where we wanted to be.

Promotion was only the start, and we went on to achieve things and share experiences together that nobody will ever forget. In our first season back in the top flight, everyone thought we were down, but we showed immense resilience and character to come back and produce one of the best recoveries the Premier League has ever seen. A year later, we’d completed an ascent nobody thought was possible – from relegation favourites to Premier League champions and one of the greatest sporting stories ever told.

We took Leicester City into the UEFA Champions League, giving our supporters those amazing Wednesday nights, under the lights in Porto, Brugge, Copenhagen, Seville and Madrid. We used the fruits of that success to keep reinvesting in the Club, strengthening our squad, improving the experience for our fans and starting plans for major projects like Seagrave and a stadium expansion that would give us long-term strength and growth.

In 2018, we shared the loss of my father, Khun Vichai, our late Chairman. It was the most painful experience for me and for my family, but the support and love we received from our Leicester City family made our bond even stronger. I made a commitment, as Chairman, to continuing to pursue the ambition my father and I shared for the Club, to ensure that the realisation of his vision for Leicester City would ultimately become his legacy.

Like many clubs, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic hit us hard. We lost revenue and had to adapt, but we continued to support the Club, continued to support our communities through an unprecedented period of hardship and continued to deliver success on the pitch. We broke into the top six, we returned to Europe, we launched LCFC Women, we lifted the FA Cup for the first time in our history, added the Community Shield and reached a European semi-final after more memorable nights in Moscow, Rennes, Eindhoven and Rome.

Of course, these milestones place our situation today into quite stark context, but I reference them to highlight the progress we have made as a Club in the last 13 years, which gives me confidence that we will build again. Relegation is undeniably a significant setback, but it will not define us.

This past season has been the most difficult for all of us to endure, ultimately resulting in relegation from the Premier League. We gave everything to turn it around yesterday and the atmosphere in the stadium after we’d gone in front and looked on course for survival was absolutely incredible. But relegation is a consequence of 38 games and over that period, we haven’t been good enough. Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point. What we learn from this experience must convert into action that makes us stronger and prevents this happening to us again in the future.

Today we share the loss and the pain together. But we will be back.

This responsibility that I continue to live is one of the greatest responsibilities in my life and I will continue to put everything into it – my passion, that of my family and the entire King Power community.

I have received a massive number of messages from our fans – both positive and negative. Some want me to sell the Club, some using offensive and thoughtless words, and some have been outright abusive.

But for every hurtful message I have received, I have also received messages of support, of appreciation, of unity – both remotely and from people I have met anonymously in public, who always come to say hello to me and to my family. It means a lot to us.

We want to thank you and let you know that we still have the same ambition for Leicester City that we had 13 years ago. The incredible support we had in our stadium yesterday, the positive messages we have received from our fans and the constructive comments we must take on-board – we will gather all this support and use it to power our recovery. Power to justify our fans’ belief in their Club. Power to take us back to the Premier League.

Next season is going to be tough, but it will be a year for collaboration and unity. We will come together and fight to return to the Premier League.

Thank you for your support.

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha

I have received a massive number of messages from our fans – both positive and negative. Some want me to sell the Club, some using offensive and thoughtless words, and some have been outright abusive.

This makes me sad. I don’t think we will fully comprehend everything that has gone on in the background. Even if the blind faith in Rodgers was our downfall, loyalty is still an admirable quality. I’d still rather have King Power in charge than some other entity. I hope this is the wake up call it needs to be… but there should never be abuse. Not on.

This makes me sad. I don’t think we will fully comprehend everything that has gone on in the background. Even if the blind faith in Rodgers was our downfall, loyalty is still an admirable quality. I’d still rather have King Power in charge than some other entity. I hope this is the wake up call it needs to be… but there should never be abuse. Not on.

You have to admire him for being so utterly honest on that point. He didn't need to be, but he chose to be.

To think people are writing abusive messages to Top makes me sad too.

That is a positive message, well considered and written. I feel Top continues to believe in the project, still wants to take it forward. That's encouraging. I think they'll reflect on the mistakes made and learn from them. It's reassured me to read that KP retain that desire to carry on with the club.

“Sorry I completely and utterly ****ed it up big time”. would have been nice, but hey ho, that’s what you get from having some PR knobjockey write you something with a thinly veiled go at the fans

But we’re all in it together, or summat

“Sorry I completely and utterly ****ed it up big time”. would have been nice, but hey ho, that’s what you get from having some PR knobjockey write you something with a thinly veiled go at the fans

But we’re all in it together, or summat
I don't think it's a thinly veiled dig at anyone. I think he's calling out some total ****ish behaviour from some dickheads who have no doubt abused him in abhorrent and unnecessary ways. It's not those fans that are criticising, rightly, the lack of leadership, it's the brainless meatheads who are making it personal that he's being honest about.

We've had next to no leadership from those at the top and even less in terms of communication and that has been really poor but at least there is some acknowledgement however late it may be. This statement should have come a day earlier but at least it isn't a massive list of excuses. Yes, there are some nods to things that didn't help but I think that they really do understand that lessons must be learnt. We're better off with KP than without them, whatever some may think and however much they have messed up this season. We just need better management at the top and on the sidelines. These two decisions will be the crossroads moment.

People personally abusing and sending offensive messages to Top, including on here, are idiots and need to have a look at themselves.

Top doesn't want to fail, he doesn't benefit in anyway if we do. So people calling him a **** - or probably worse elsewhere and directly by the sounds of it - need to grow up.

Good to see the club finally issue a statement.

The most important part of that statement for me is how he says this won't define us. That's the big motivation for them I'm sure. After all the work that's been done, Top will want this relegation to be remembered as only a temporary blip in years to come.

I think this whole event, a difficult few years and the cold hard finance of it might make KP want to sell up - but they have a much better chance of doing that if we're in the Prem, and for their legacy that will be the preference too.

People personally abusing and sending offensive messages to Top, including on here, are idiots and need to have a look at themselves.

Top doesn't want to fail, he doesn't benefit in anyway if we do. So people calling him a **** - or probably worse elsewhere and directly by the sounds of it - need to grow up.
His only mistake was his reliance on and misplaced loyalty to Rodgers, Rudkin and Whelan. He needed guidance and he didn't get it. That doesn't make him blameless, indeed, his naivety has been disastrous but he didn't ask to lose the one sensible leader and business mind at our club so suddenly. I think he's a nice guy and that's his issue; he's too nice. Rodgers, Rudkin and Whelan have taken their paychecks and ****ed him over whilst pretending to be his besties. They are the cancer of this club and it won't go into remission until they are all gone. Only one of them has so far. The other two need lancing.

His only mistake was his reliance on and misplaced loyalty to Rodgers, Rudkin and Whelan. He needed guidance and he didn't get it. That doesn't make him blameless, indeed, his naivety has been disastrous but he didn't ask to lose the one sensible leader and business mind at our club so suddenly. I think he's a nice guy and that's his issue; he's too nice. Rodgers, Rudkin and Whelan have taken their paychecks and ****ed him over whilst pretending to be his besties. They are the cancer of this club and it won't go into remission until they are all gone. Only one of them has so far. The other two need lancing.

Agreed that he's been taking along by people who have advised him poorly.

Most of the blame for me sits with Rudkin. I'm not even sure how much Whelan is to blame as such - it sounds like she's well respected and has already stepped in at times to get stuff done (e.g. the Fofana sale). But also from what I understand isn't involved in all of the football decisions - that is Rudkin's role.

If Rudkin goes I can forgive the others for now.

He didn’t ask to be main honcho, how that came about was very tragic.

But he should have realised by now that he’s not capable of running this club. He has run us to the ground and ruined all the good work his father did.

It worries me that he’s going to stick around.

Agreed that he's been taking along by people who have advised him poorly.

Most of the blame for me sits with Rudkin. I'm not even sure how much Whelan is to blame as such - it sounds like she's well respected and has already stepped in at times to get stuff done (e.g. the Fofana sale). But also from what I understand isn't involved in all of the football decisions - that is Rudkin's role.

If Rudkin goes I can forgive the others for now.

Recent articles on Rudkin have be damning. I dare say the very first move we SHOULD make would be to replace him with a competent and experienced DOF. To put a long story short, we've been relegated because Rudkin has the hots for Brendan Rodgers and allowed it to cloud his judgement... nepotism.

Totally agree.

I don't think it's a thinly veiled dig at anyone. I think he's calling out some total ****ish behaviour from some dickheads who have no doubt abused him in abhorrent and unnecessary ways. It's not those fans that are criticising, rightly, the lack of leadership, it's the brainless meatheads who are making it personal that he's being honest about.

We've had next to no leadership from those at the top and even less in terms of communication and that has been really poor but at least there is some acknowledgement however late it may be. This statement should have come a day earlier but at least it isn't a massive list of excuses. Yes, there are some nods to things that didn't help but I think that they really do understand that lessons must be learnt. We're better off with KP than without them, whatever some may think and however much they have messed up this season. We just need better management at the top and on the sidelines. These two decisions will be the crossroads moment.
Absolutely this.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363