Message from the Chairman

No one has really even hinted at staying in their apology messages, not even Vardy.
I don't even think they are apology messages. OK, this one contains the word 'sorry' but only sorry for the position we find ourselves in. For ****'s sake we're all sorry for the position we find ourselves in; even those of us who have no responsibility for putting us there. It's like when I was once ordered to apologise to somebody or face disciplinary action at work. My "I'm sorry that what I said upset you" was deemed acceptable but to this day I meant every word that I had said and there is no way that I was sorry that I had said it. The modern day translation of my 'apology' would be something like,
"I'm sorry you're such a ****ing snowflake that you can't face the truth". The word sorry does not make an apology.

And as for staying on, can you honestly say that you are bothered if any single one of them stays on? Even with Vardy it can only be for old times sake; his form, fitness and on field attitude give me little encouragement to think he is part of the answer to getting us back. I know some of them realistically have to stay but they need to change drastically to give us any hope even of a decent
Championship finishing position.

Andy King would be turning in his grave if he was dead.

I don't even think they are apology messages. OK, this one contains the word 'sorry' but only sorry for the position we find ourselves in. For ****'s sake we're all sorry for the position we find ourselves in; even those of us who have no responsibility for putting us there. It's like when I was once ordered to apologise to somebody or face disciplinary action at work. My "I'm sorry that what I said upset you" was deemed acceptable but to this day I meant every word that I had said and there is no way that I was sorry that I had said it. The modern day translation of my 'apology' would be something like,
"I'm sorry you're such a ****ing snowflake that you can't face the truth". The word sorry does not make an apology.

And as for staying on, can you honestly say that you are bothered if any single one of them stays on? Even with Vardy it can only be for old times sake; his form, fitness and on field attitude give me little encouragement to think he is part of the answer to getting us back. I know some of them realistically have to stay but they need to change drastically to give us any hope even of a decent
Championship finishing position.

Aye. I really don't get why they're posting them anyway. They're not sorry and why do they need to try and keep the fans on board. they're ****ing off and they didn't give a shit about fans during the season so why pretend to care now? Is it because it's the fashionable thing to do?

I don't want an apology. As if that really matters or actually means anything. I just want a group of players on the pitch that show heart and desire and make me get out of my seat.

The problem is, I dont think I'll get that very easily in the modern game.

To add, I've not even really read any of these. Words eh, what the **** are they even worth, unless you are a gullible bastard.

And I don't need any clever ****er telling me I should have used the subjunctive tense in that sentence!
Sorry, not ****ing sorry!

I just want a group of players on the pitch that show heart and desire and make me get out of my seat.
I just want a new knee and to lose about five stones to get me out of my seat.

I'm kinda with Micky Micky on this one; sod the words, I'll judge by actions.

I guess though that's simply a sad reflection of the times. We're so used to an apology as a meaningless form of words; an empty phrase containing the word sorry. Social media issued, PR scripted but devoid of genuine contrition.

And don't get me started on who can apologise for what. That is, the symbolic apology used to promote one's own credentials.

If by change, one means expecting Whelan or Rudkin to suddenly become verbose then, no, don't go expecting change.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything written there (I can't, I don't know anything) but I can quibble over presentation and spin (yes, that word again) People often interpret to support their own view and/or agenda (myself included). I'm aware that's going on there.

I'd certainly agree that there has been miscommunication. Rodgers believing (or being led to believe) that there was funds for a refresh was pretty much evident. How and why we got there however is conjecture. What happened following, a matter of interpretation.

For myself, I believe the club realised they'd done the sums wrong and kind of boxed themselves in. Perhaps there was a 'sack or quit' standoff with Rodgers. Rodgers knew who had more to lose and the club blinked first (too late, way too late) Though personally I believe it didn't get that personal. I believe the club hoped Rodgers would have enough about him (talent, decency or pride) to avoid the drop - because they really couldn't (or didn't want to) afford the alternatives.

We are where are and Rodgers (rightly or wrongly seen as a good part of the problem) has gone. We move on. The internal review will remain exactly that and I doubt we'll ever seen anything of it but a sanitised PR vetted statement. And neither should we expect to. Aspects of the club, we can justifiably claim as 'ours' but that doesn't give us an 'access all areas' pass.

The buck ultimately stops with Whelan who, as that article states, is respected as talented and capable. Relegation will damage her reputation and credentials, she will be (re)judged accordingly. Equally, she will judge her executives. We may never hear nor see of any internal action etc (again, neither should we expect to) but that's not to say that it won't happen.

Rodgers may well carry the can (though I suspect even that would be a 'read between the lines' interpretation of any public statement) but there won't be a whitewash internally. It's a business and failure isn't what any business aims for.

Again, I'm going to judge by actions; where we go from here. That's why I see the appointment of the new manager as an indicator of the club's situation, ambition and intentions for the next season.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463