Mickey Adams OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue

:evil: I say Adams out!!

1. What other manager has been involved his team getting relegated twice.

2. Sold or gave away his squad very cheaply.

3. trys to build a squad from other pepoles cast off and over the hill players.

4. lost the faith of the clubs susporters.

5. Worst of all coned me in to buying a new season ticket.

I am one very pisced off cookie. :evil: :evil: :evil:

It doesnt matter how many times people keep trying to paint over the cracks the majority of LCFC fans are uphappy about the club at the mo.

I have never felt like I do now, even when we had a poorer side and struggling in Div One. I dont like moaning either but us unhappy fans keep popping there heads up.

I dont think MA out! is the right idea, but the lad clearly needs some guidance.

trueblue said:

5. Worst of all coned me in to buying a new season ticket

agree with all those points with the exception of No. 5... if you have to be persuaded into buying a season ticket then what sort of a fan are you??? but as for the other four points I don't think anyone could disagree...

Don't forget that when we were relegated, Micky got us straight back into the Premiership, even though no one expected us to, and we were the only one of the 3 relegated teams to go back up.

Since coming to the club, Micky has had literally no money to spend, so how are we supposed to sign anyone but old players on free transfers?

Whatever it takes to get us back up there. Give Micky some time. If things don't look better by November, get rid of him, but for now I'm keeping my faith in him.

I do admit though, things don't look great right now, but I think they will get better.

YEH!!!!! Fcuk it, get the tosser out he is shit :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

trueblue said:

Idiotic post.

1. What other manager has been through as much shit as Adams? I'm surprised he didn't walk out after the La Manga debacle. Many managers have been in charge of a club relegated twice. It's not that unusual and given that he did win promotion in the inbetween season it isn't that bad.

2. Without the get out clauses in certain players contracts, they would have never signed for LCFC in the first place. The players who left left because they didn't want to play for LCFC anyway, I'd rather have players that want to play well for LCFC rather than some who are just using us as a shop window.

3. What other manager can sign young up ad coming players with hardly any cash whatsoever? None, I think Adams has done remarkably well to sign Williams but I guess some people are not happy unless we sign all the best young players. It is very short sighted to blame Adams for signing old cast offs as you put it. Basically he has no choice. He can either sign young unheard of players (which will no doubt not satisfy you) or go for some of the older players.

4. "Lost the faith of the clubs susporters"? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I believe in Micky Adams. He is nothing short of an LCFC saviour. The way he got us back up to the premiership was miraculous. How quick some of our fickle fans are to forget past achievements.

5. Coned? I presume you mean conned. If you think Micky Adams conned anyone into buying a season ticket then you are verging on the ridiculous. Your user name is true blue although with posts like this I seriously doubt whether you are as true blue as you think. You bought a season ticket because you are "true blue" or maybe not. You work it out. To say that Micky Adams is an evil con-man is sheer lunacy.

trueblue said:

1 - He's only got the club relegated once. He was only manager for the last 4 games of the season in 2001/2002.

2 - Beyond his control. The board have had alot to do with this. The only way players like Dickov and Thatcher would have have taken pay cuts in the event of relegation was to offer them release clauses.

3 - At the moment, I cannot disgaree. Although he has attempted in recent times to bringyounger blood in to the squad with the likes of Morris, canero and Williams.

4 - Not everyone has lost the faith, although I do believe the term 'Keep the faith' is becoming rather shallow now....

5 - What Londonfox said.

Asking him to be sacked is ridiculous at this stage. We need to give him a chance to see what he can do next season. Granted, he doesn't have the squad like he did last time round, but he's been able to get promotions with other clubs on much less resources.

Does everyone forget what it was like under Peter Taylor? FFS, some of our fans can be so fickle sometimes....

Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

Does everyone forget what it was like under Peter Taylor? FFS, some of our fans can be so fickle sometimes....

I think if we were honest, when PT had us flying at the top of the Premiership, we were all singing his praises....fickle.....interesting :roll:

Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

1 - He's only got the club relegated once. He was only manager for the last 4 games of the season in 2001/2002.

2 - Beyond his control. The board have had alot to do with this. The only way players like Dickov and Thatcher would have have taken pay cuts in the event of relegation was to offer them release clauses.

3 - At the moment, I cannot disgaree. Although he has attempted in recent times to bringyounger blood in to the squad with the likes of Morris, canero and Williams.

4 - Not everyone has lost the faith, although I do believe the term 'Keep the faith' is becoming rather shallow now....

5 - What Londonfox said.

Asking him to be sacked is ridiculous at this stage. We need to give him a chance to see what he can do next season. Granted, he doesn't have the squad like he did last time round, but he's been able to get promotions with other clubs on much less resources.

From my postings, people will know, that I am not great Adams fan - my gut feeling is that he lost the plot some time ago.

However, he has a board which is full of good intent but in terms of bringing any resources to the table, has nothing to offer - neither have they proved particularly astute in their handling of contractual issues nor other issues - what for instance did they do about disciplinary action regarding the La Manga shambles?
Whilst the players were improperly accused of criminal behaviour, the very fact that they placed themselves in a bad situation by their drinking adventure & were subject to lack of managerial control - all contributed to damaging the club's reputation & chances of survival last season. But there is not a word from the board.

That said - the club is now in such a mess that there is hardly any prospect of attracting anyone of any calibre should Adams go - and my guess he would jump rather than be pushed.

I think he should stay at least for the time being and seek to sort out this mess. The club needs some sort of stability at the moment and he should be given a chance to achieve that. But, save me postings saying that he is doing OK -he isn't - we are heading into another critical season with no sign of having a reasonable opportunityfor the 'squad' (basically there isn't one yet) to gel and all the indications that players don't want to know about Leicester.

Adams out eh,who else would you like to see...Peter Taylor?,Mc Ghee?.I get downhearted with MA's signings lately but he has inherited a club in financial dissarray and steading the financies cannot be done overnight.Mickey has never been allowed to spend any decent amount of money because we haven't got any,some of his makeshift signings I disagree with but when he is given some sizeable money to spend then I'm sure he'll spend it well.

trueblue said:

You call yourself true blue??? I think you rename yourself to true muppet. I think it's a complete disgrace that people can come out with such uneducated absolute bollocks and i for one have just about had enough of you f'ing idiots who clearly have absolutly no idea what you are talking about.

All you moaners out there are quick to critisise anything and everything the club or MA does. Yet like naughty fox says not one of you can come up with any ideas of what we should do differently!!!!!!!!! Thats because the board, the players, the staff, Dave Basset and Micky Adams are doing everything within their powers to do what is right for the club SHORT TERM and LONG TERM.

Ok we all realise the club is FINANCIALLY in a bad state, but thats what causes all the other other problems we face at the min like old players and dodgy contracts. Why don't you write a letter to peter taylor and the old administration as they are the ones to blame for the state the club is in and not Micky Adams.

Tossers.

Southern Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

I think if we were honest, when PT had us flying at the top of the Premiership, we were all singing his praises....fickle.....interesting :roll:

Nobody i knew was!!!!!! Everyone knew it was still 99% oneils team. As soon as taylor baught his own players into the team we dropped like a stone.

Babylon said:
Southern Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

Nobody i knew was!!!!!! Everyone knew it was still 99% oneils team. As soon as taylor baught his own players into the team we dropped like a stone.

Easy to say that now though mate. i bet you were cheering!

Southern Fox said:
Babylon said:
Southern Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

Who the hell are you to tell me how i was thinking and feeling. I suggest you stick to what you know and thats what you were doing, obviously if you were singing Taylors praises after only 8 games you must be pretty short sighted.

The time we were top of the league of course i was cheering LEICESTER but certainly not praising peter taylor.

We may have been top of the league (mainly thanks to MON's defence) but it was the worst football i had seen in many many seasons. Taylors 'passing game' was absolute rubbish.

This thread is laughable. No way should Adams be sacked! The club's in a mess at the moment, but that's not his fault, yet he's the one who will turn it round.

Babylon said:
Southern Fox said:
Babylon said:
Southern Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

Who the hell are you to tell me how i was thinking and feeling. I suggest you stick to what you know and thats what you were doing, obviously if you were singing Taylors praises after only 8 games you must be pretty short sighted.

The time we were top of the league of course i was cheering LEICESTER but certainly not praising peter taylor.

We may have been top of the league (mainly thanks to MON's defence) but it was the worst football i had seen in many many seasons. Taylors 'passing game' was absolute rubbish.

Hey you are good fun to play with. Chill mate. I didnt realise I was communicating with LCFC's no.1 fan and all time football guru or opinions. :lol:

I take it all back :lol: :lol: :lol:

When considering if MA is good enough for our club, we should have a look at the LCFC managers we have had in the last 40 years :

Dave Bassett
Peter Taylor
MON
Mr McGoo
Brian Little
Bryan Ulster-Bloke
Gordon Lee
David Pleat
Frank McLintock
Jock Wallace
Jimmy Bloomfield
Frank O'Farrell
Matt Gilies

Other than MON (who is extraordinary and hence can be excluded) there is not one manager that we have had in living memory that would be better than MA in getting us promoted next season in our current circumstances.

In addition to a good manager (MA) we need stability and continuity. The graveyard that is the bottom end of Div 1 is littered with clubs who lacked the courage to back their manager.

Call for MA's head at your peril.

Southern Fox said:
Babylon said:
Southern Fox said:
Babylon said:
Southern Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
trueblue said:

Hey you are good fun to play with. Chill mate. I didnt realise I was communicating with LCFC's no.1 fan and all time football guru or opinions. :lol:

I take it all back :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: :wink:

sorry mate just had enough of the people like the guy who started this thread, i find what he wrote laughable as you cant blame adams for any of the things he mentioned yet he wants him sacked.

I repeat!

Leicester fans in general are the most pessimistic, moaning bunch of wankers I have ever known 'support' a club. its a running joke in the midlands that we are the most fickle, negative supporters around - ask any Derby/Forest/Coventry fans, and you look at this bunch of twattish shite and wonder why?! No doubt London Fox, True Blue and the rest were the ones booing MON after 8 games as well wanting Mike Walker back in!

Well the only good thing about all this is that if MA does as I think he will, that your pathetic statements will be on here so we can at least point the finger at wankers like yourself. No MA isn't as good as MON, who is, and who is currently a better manager to come to Leicester than MA?!

We don't sign anyone, lack of ambition, we sign decent (not great) players and its relegation material, we try to move into new business markets and its pointless, we don't try and we lack ambition. IMO reading some of these posts the club are screwed if we do, screwed if we don't.

The only way some of you will be happy is if we sign players we can't afford, if life was like Champ Manager and if players wanted to play for us on crap money rather than in the Prem on better wages.

I'm glad I don't work in the ticket office any more, "I've supported this club for 107 years and *insert current manager/player* is the worst I've ever seen" wears thin every 5 minutes.

Go and have a shag, have a drink, laugh at Derby/Forest/Cov etc and wait til August with some facts before you start moaning.

Just remember, At the moment, we are slating a team/players that haven't even played in the blue of Leicester together yet and a team that has yet to be added to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757