Micky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

as we come to the end of another year id just like to say thankyou to micky adams for what he did while at the club. while i think his time at the club had run its course and it was right for him to leave the fact is he took charge of the club as it entered a very turbulent and uncertain period and brought it out reasonably unscathed. lets not forget 2 years ago none of us could be sure what would happen, we could have easily plummeted to the footballing depths yet here we are two years later on the road to financial recovery and in the championship.

Hear hear.

Micky did all he could. He eventually lost the plot, but he should always be remembered for some very good times at LCFC under very difficult circumstances.

Thanks for this thread, you all know my feelings on the subject the guy did a wonderful job for us, he never "lost the plot" or the dressing room ! just signed what he, and us, thought were a great bunch of players only to find out they were a bunch of loosers, CL is faring no better with them either, things can only get better, happy new year to you all ! (new signings before the Blackpool game) :wink:

Yeah agreed mad biker. Mickey done a good job, the club were in a mess before he took over, he managed to get us back in the cream but obviously with what money he had, we would be straight back. Then as usual all your best players that are out of contract leave forcing him to sign dozens more accept this time they were real $hite.

I really thought we would finish 2nd this season & Mickey would have us back up there myself, perhaps only to come back down unless someone injects some funds.

A settled squad will obviously have more of an understanding with each other than a team full of newbies. This wasn't totally Mickeys fault & the loss of Izzet didn't help.

I liked Adams as a person still do and wish him all the best.He'll get another chance somewhere else of that I have no doubt.He gambled on bringing in Expeirience over Younger players,didn't work but don't look back in anger...we have had worse.

Just think next season we could be playing Brian Little, Peter Taylor & Mickey Adams if he takes charge of a Champinship side.

Just hope we STUFF Taylor

I too hope that wherever he goes he is successful. We are seeing now that he really had a great big pile of poo to work with. Hope he does get the forest job, and succeeds with them. Its nice to have a rival that is actually good.

Good luck Micky

mad biker said:
Thanks for this thread, you all know my feelings on the subject the guy did a wonderful job for us, he never "lost the plot" or the dressing room ! just signed what he, and us, thought were a great bunch of players only to find out they were a bunch of loosers, CL is faring no better with them either, things can only get better, happy new year to you all ! (new signings before the Blackpool game) :wink:

Any positional clues MB?

yeah i agree with everyone elses sentiments... Micky did a good job for us in getting us promoted and although it was all down hill after that and he made some crazy decisions to say the least, we can't question his effort so good luck to him...

londonfox said:
yeah i agree with everyone elses sentiments... Micky did a good job for us in getting us promoted and although it was all down hill after that and he made some crazy decisions to say the least, we can't question his effort so good luck to him...

I'd agree with that - he was neither one of the best nor one of the worst managers we have had.

But I disagree with Mad Biker - he may not have lost the dressing room (I wouldn't have a clue about that) but it was obvious from his statements, selections ,substitutions in the last few months -irrespective of the failure of most of his signings -that he had indeed lost the plot.

I'd very much like him to do well in the future - obviously his successor cannot be judged till we see the sort of quality of judgement he has in bringing in new olayers - when that is possible and bearing in mind our lack of resources.

I have to say I really liked Micky as Manager and wanted him to succeed more than anybody, but this season was one too far, not because Micky was out of his depth but purely because of all the off field events that over shadowed his tenure, La Manga destroyed Micky (IMO) and he appeared to lose his zest and appetite for the challenges ahead.

He did the right thing by resigning, as I think things had gone too far what with the above and administration, and then the final straw was when he appeared to be at odds with many of the senior players.

If I am honest La Manga had a massive effect on the future of both Leicester City and Micky Adams, if it had never happened I think that we possibly would have stayed in the prem and Micky would still be here.

MA was a great guy for us, and lets not forget we had a lot of good times with him here! He made this club great again and despite getting relegated last season it was still very exciting and we always lokoing in with a chance of staying up - that Birmingham games was something else!!

Sadly towards the end he just made massive mistakes. I don't think the pleyers he signed can be blamed - lets not forget he signed them! Futhermore look at the players he let leave, Freund, Billy Mac, Sinco (who should of been given a new contract just for that run against the Arse on the last day of the season!!). And then he put most of the players who were still under contract on frees. Bottom line is he got rid of a lot of players and therefore knew he would have to bring in a new sqaud, and yes some finacial resratints will of hampered his efforts im sure but by the start of the season we had so many players, players that other club had all wanted, that we should of been able to motive them!

We all know Mickey fell out with players on a regular basis, but as someone said I think it was indeed the La Manga incident which took more of a toll than anythink on MA.

By opening day of this season I think Scowy and Benji were the only players in the squad he hadn't signed, so there really weren't any exceusses. It almost seemed this leauge was ours, but somthing went wrong!

Never forget the good days under MA because when they were good they were excelent, it was just a shame what happened in La Manga happened. And then added to all that he was screwed over by 'his team' when they all buggered off (DICKOV!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757