Microsoft Surface Educational Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffa Bacon

Annoyed I've been sent this offer but can't use it because I'm not a teacher/student:

Microsoft Surface RT Pricing Options

Surface RT (32GB) - £133 +VAT (Estimated Retail Price is £279)
Surface RT (32GB) with Touch Keyboard Cover - £168 +VAT (Estimated Retail Price is £319)
Surface RT (32GB) with Type Keyboard Cover - £196 +VAT (Estimated Retail Price is £389)

:mad:

wouldn't bother with the RT, go for the Pro.

That or wait for the Dell Venue Pro 8 or 11 that should come in at £200/300 as tablet only.

That or wait for the Dell Venue Pro 8 or 11 that should come in at £200/300 as tablet only.

The difference between 133 and that is huge though when buying in bulk numbers, especially when budgets aren't flexible as they might be for a home buyer.

The difference between 133 and that is huge though when buying in bulk numbers, especially when budgets aren't flexible as they might be for a home buyer.

I'd buy a cheap rt tablet but no way would I pay 2-3x for a pro tablet, pays your money etc. anyway I can't get the educational deal so I'll stick with my iPad.

I was responding more to Biff's post as a home user. Tablets at schools is pointless imo, especially if it is primary level.

I'd buy a cheap rt tablet but no way would I pay 2-3x for a pro tablet, pays your money etc. anyway I can't get the educational deal so I'll stick with my iPad.

I'd have a look at the Venue Pro's due to be released this/next month if RT interests you.

Full blown Windows 8.1, new processors that are very energy efficient for battery but also good performace per £ and also competitive pricing so should really put Windows back on the tablet scene imo and certainly worth looking into imo.

I was responding more to Biff's post as a home user. Tablets at schools is pointless imo, especially if it is primary level.

Funny how some of the countries with best educational results are moving to models where every student has a tablet. I bought an iPad mini for our 5 year old niece and it really is useful and not just a toy. Tablets aren't going to replace computers for serious applications so a less capable but cheaper tablet makes sense in my opinion.

Funny how some of the countries with best educational results are moving to models where every student has a tablet. I bought an iPad mini for our 5 year old niece and it really is useful and not just a toy. Tablets aren't going to replace computers for serious applications so a less capable but cheaper tablet makes sense in my opinion.

Exactly, they are a great way to engage children who can't cope with other methods of learning as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669