Milan says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice From Above

Following todays EGM news......

"We still have a couple of hurdles to overcome," he told Sky Sports News.
"I am confident we will be there shortly and I look forward to be part of great footballing city in Leicester."
Mandaric admitted he would be looking to plough all his profits from the sale of Portsmouth into Leicester. "I am not able to take this money back to America so I may as well put it in the right place and that is nowhere better than Leicester," he added.

Last edited:
£1.55

Thats great news as we can afford 2 more josh lows, a richard stearman and 3 more andy johnsons!

Seriously though didn't he sell pompey for about £60 million. I'm not sure how much he bought them for?

I seriously think that if he is about to throw any serious cash at out transfer budget it will spell the end of Rob Kelly. I reckon he'll probably bring someone in quick smart, with a bit of pedigree. It would be harsh on RK, but i suppose thats ythe way things go.

£1.55

Thats great news as we can afford 2 more josh lows, a richard stearman and 3 more andy johnsons!

Seriously though didn't he sell pompey for about £60 million. I'm not sure how much he bought them for?

He bought them for £4 million. But that doesn't mean he made £56 million profit, I'm sure some of the money he received was to repay loans he'd made to the club.

I seriously think that if he is about to throw any serious cash at out transfer budget it will spell the end of Rob Kelly. I reckon he'll probably bring someone in quick smart, with a bit of pedigree. It would be harsh on RK, but i suppose thats ythe way things go.

I Have to agree,if it was my cash i would want someone with experience in the transfer market.Maybe moving RK back to his coaching role.

kelly would have to revert back to coaching, we need a manager with some knowledge of tactics and when to change things. if someone is available that could do a better job there is no place for sentiment

Can't see Kelly going back to coaching once being a manager, certainly not with us. If MM wants to make a change Kelly is going to have to go.

Can't see Kelly going back to coaching once being a manager, certainly not with us. If MM wants to make a change Kelly is going to have to go.

i think RK has a career in management, what he has done with no resources has been good. he took over management of a club in a relegation battle and has made us mid table. not bad considering our situation.

i think he will have offers if he leaves us.

I think Kelly at least deserves til the end of the season. Let him have the January transfer window to see what he can do. Don't forget so far he's not been able to spend a penny on a transfer fee for a player. He's got 4 free transfer signings, 2 of which are utter shite (Low and AJ), 1 is alright (Kenton) and the other is good (McCauley) seems to be the general consensus..
I can't think of any other teams in this league that made lots of good free transfer signings over the summer either though.

I think let RK have some money in January, see how he does with it, and then make the decision at the end of the season.

totally agree Graz!

what Kelly did for us last season was amazing, he deserves a chance on that basis.

I don't think it's about "deserving" or "fairness" in football.

In the public sector he would be found a job within the system but providing MM takes over, i think Kelly's days are numbered.

Don't think many objective observers would think he is the best bet to manage us back into a promotion challenge in 2007/8...and it seems to me that the period from January through to next season will be needed for re-building.....the present squad are miles from being promotion challenge viable. I think the games between now and January are somewhat academic - we're into limbo now until either it happens or it doesn't.

Ok guys be gentle with me as this is my first post...been a follower since 1959
great to read all your posts which I have been doing for quite a while,been through the highs and lows of last season,which seem to have continued into this season...just a quick suggestion..When MM is installed properly...what about Allan Curbishly as a possible manager,but lets not forget the good work that RK has done

great to read all your posts which I have been doing for quite a while,been through the highs and lows of last season,which seem to have continued into this season...just a quick suggestion..When MM is installed properly...what about Allan Curbishly as a possible manager,but lets not forget the good work that RK has done
Howdy, Argus! I think MM will give Kelly until the end of the season, with perhaps two or three loan signings in January. For some reason I have never particularly been taken by Curbishly, I think MM may nick a younger manager in the Summer.

:039: :039: :039: :039:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4467