Post Match Millwall 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that I'm being described as a bed wetter here?

In response to that horseshit from Chris Davies last night, he was basically prompted with that answer by the exceptionally poor quality questioning from the RL dick. The answer was largely a repeat of what he was asked.

Anyway, whatever he or BR says, Tielemans often looks completely shagged out on the pitch. He has undeniably been overplayed which has impacted on his form. I don't doubt that Tielemans wants to play every match, I'm sure most players would say so too, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
This is a narrative I don't buy. Everytime I have seen Tielemans and I mean, every single time, he has looked perfectly capable of 90 minutes. He often looks like he's knackered but he did from day one. He doesn't look any more 'tired' now than he has ever done.

His form is poor at the moment but I think that's for a variety of reasons, not least of all the form of Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes and most of the defence behind him. They have been as poor as him for the most part so the problem is one that extends way beyond him. I totally understand the argument about rhythm. It is widely accepted that some sportsmen and women, need a consistency which keeps them in a pattern of form. There are many, many examples for example, of runners who complete a marathon a day for months at a time before a major meeting so that their bodies are rhythmically atuned to the event. My wife often treats patients who are professional sports competitors with a variety of injuries and reccommends more rather than less training so as to put the body into a more rhythmic pattern. I have spoken to her about this and she is very much accepting of the concept of him having to play more to keep or get him up to speed.

It isn't ilogical that Tielemans needs to play much more often than others. Maybe the time away from playing during the summer is what has altered his rhythm? From what I was listening to yesterday, he seemed better and much more like the old Tielemans; perhaps he is beginning to get back into that rhythm that we know and love.

Am I right in thinking that I'm being described as a bed wetter here?

In response to that horseshit from Chris Davies last night, he was basically prompted with that answer by the exceptionally poor quality questioning from the RL dick. The answer was largely a repeat of what he was asked.

Anyway, whatever he or BR says, Tielemans often looks completely shagged out on the pitch. He has undeniably been overplayed which has impacted on his form. I don't doubt that Tielemans wants to play every match, I'm sure most players would say so too, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
Yes BN. You are the bed wetter in this instance!

I don't agree with your concern of overplaying at this stage of the season. I think the players need games and that is part of our problem at the minute. We need players to get games under their belt and to find their form.

This is a narrative I don't buy. Everytime I have seen Tielemans and I mean, every single time, he has looked perfectly capable of 90 minutes. He often looks like he's knackered but he did from day one. He doesn't look any more 'tired' now than he has ever done.

His form is poor at the moment but I think that's for a variety of reasons, not least of all the form of Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes and most of the defence behind him. They have been as poor as him for the most part so the problem is one that extends way beyond him. I totally understand the argument about rhythm. It is widely accepted that some sportsmen and women, need a consistency which keeps them in a pattern of form. There are many, many examples for example, of runners who complete a marathon a day for months at a time before a major meeting so that their bodies are rhythmically atuned to the event. My wife often treats patients who are professional sports competitors with a variety of injuries and reccommends more rather than less training so as to put the body into a more rhythmic pattern. I have spoken to her about this and she is very much accepting of the concept of him having to play more to keep or get him up to speed.

It isn't ilogical that Tielemans needs to play much more often than others. Maybe the time away from playing during the summer is what has altered his rhythm? From what I was listening to yesterday, he seemed better and much more like the old Tielemans; perhaps he is beginning to get back into that rhythm that we know and love.
That's a cracking post.

I've already had a pre-game face to face with Taylor in the carpark when he came back with Palace so I'll take him.

The ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758