Minute's Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

se4_fox

there's a minute's silence on saturday

a soldier got killed in iraq, pictures on the news showed him with his family with millwall shirts on

poor lad escaped Bermondsey for a quieter life in Iraq and got shot

anyone not observing the silence gets a meat pie thrown at them from me

Puts everything into perspective. Thoughts are with the family and any others that have loved ones out there trying to do their job. :cry: Pawns in a political world, but that is a topic not for football pages.

We always expect fans to observe minute silence at our ground, so lets do the decent thing tomorrow and observe this.

think anyone that doesnt respect the silence should be dragged out, but i believe we are all grown up enough not to laugh at death (i hope).

When we had a silence before the man city (i think) game last year loads of little wankers in the kop were letting their phones go off and pissing themselves.

hob-fox said:
you hear the odd 'baa' as well

Need to explain the 'baa' having heard it a few years ago.

Its from a guy who has a mental disability & therefore doesn't understand.

Discovered this a few years ago in the Carling Stand at Filbo, when everybody got angry about it & then it was explained to us.

Glad to see it was uphelp. Poot guy survived Milwall and went to about the one place more dangerous!

Foxes_Trust said:
hob-fox said:
you hear the odd 'baa' as well

Need to explain the 'baa' having heard it a few years ago.

Its from a guy who has a mental disability & therefore doesn't understand.

Discovered this a few years ago in the Carling Stand at Filbo, when everybody got angry about it & then it was explained to us.

I was in the front row of the Carling Stand and the guy used to sit in the Disabled bit down below me. When Princess Di died and they used our minutes silence on Match of the Day his was the only voice in the minute. Sadly I don't think the bloke has full mental capacity and as such he does not understand what is going on around him (bit like some on the staff at City :wink: ). I am sure that the noise he makes is as close to silence as he can get, indeed it might be his silence. Everyone else was impeccable. 8) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566