Post Match MK Dons 0 Leicester 3 - EFL Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the highlights for this. Perez is as much a mystery as Iheanacho to me. That touch to set himself up for the goal is delightful!

He's just not very good, old Nacho man. Many people have a soft spot for him and it is easy to see why but the bottom line is, he's not a top level player. Yes, he wants to do well and yes, he is never lazy or unwilling but his lack of talent let's him down too often. Plenty of players spend their careers coming on as impact subs and doing well but with Nacho, you just never known what is going to happen. Will it be a footballer or will it be a blind, arthritic, pissed up baby giraffe in clown shoes? Unfortunately, all too often, it's the latter. It's not just Rodgers, no manager here has ever really fancied him until there was no one else. He wasn't fancied at Man City either. He needs a Championship side to take him and give him the game time he needs.

He's just not very good, old Nacho man. Many people have a soft spot for him and it is easy to see why but the bottom line is, he's not a top level player. Yes, he wants to do well and yes, he is never lazy or unwilling but his lack of talent let's him down too often. Plenty of players spend their careers coming on as impact subs and doing well but with Nacho, you just never known what is going to happen. Will it be a footballer or will it be a blind, arthritic, pissed up baby giraffe in clown shoes? Unfortunately, all too often, it's the latter. It's not just Rodgers, no manager here has ever really fancied him until there was no one else. He wasn't fancied at Man City either. He needs a Championship side to take him and give him the game time he needs.

I'd say this is the problem - he's a player that plays much better when he starts games, yet his main role is impact sub but he doesn't really have the right attributes to do that role (e.g. pace, trickery).

For a striker being brought on as an impact sub, then by it's nature often means we're behind in games and trying to catch up - often when teams are sat behind the ball. And it's much harder for him to impact the game once we're at that point.

I watched him closely last night, wanting him to do well as always.
Reluctantly I have come to the conclusion that he is bone idle, lazy and just can't be arsed.
If he put any kind of effort in he could be a fantastic player.
When his career is over he is going to wonder where it all went.
Like his club and his international manager, I have lost all patience with him.
The problem for me is that, on last night's evidence, his bad attitude is rubbing off on Daka too.

I thought Thomas and Soumare were excellent the whole game, however Perez and Barnes were very poor, Barnes constantly ran straight into the defender losing the ball and Perez just made poor decisions highlighted when put clean through by Vardy rather than shoot he attempted to pass but ending up passing to a MK player. Hopefully a good clear out will happen next month.

I thought Thomas and Soumare were excellent the whole game, however Perez and Barnes were very poor, Barnes constantly ran straight into the defender losing the ball and Perez just made poor decisions highlighted when put clean through by Vardy rather than shoot he attempted to pass but ending up passing to a MK player. Hopefully a good clear out will happen next month.
Perez was one of our best players last night along with Thomas.

I don't. But only because I have ones that serve the purpose better.

& no ****er is ever seeing those.
Sone might that that's not very Christmassy!

Sone might that that's not very Christmassy!
Hmmm. OK, well far be it from me to go against all that seasonal spirit bollocks.
Having thought about it, you can have photo number 1 from set number 1.

The oldest of them all, anonymised obviously. & the only one innocent enough to be posted here.

This predates the ones already seen by 14 years. So at the peak of her powers so to speak.

All an old git has is his memories, so I'm happy to have a few good ones.

Merry Christmas all (I'll be deleting it in a couple of days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363