More borrowing

Can their losses somehow be offset against ours?

Combining their losses with our losses wouldn't help much in any scenario methinks. If we could offset our losses with ridiculous made up profits from elsewhere for ffp then that'd make sense. Are man city's sister clubs laughing all the way to the bank? That'd answer if that's possible. In terms of taxable profits etc, there aren't many in football.

Genuinely don't get the point in any of our arrangement. I bought a car once when i was hammered and didn't even have a provisional license. Maybe it's something like that?

Combining their losses with our losses wouldn't help much in any scenario methinks. If we could offset our losses with ridiculous made up profits from elsewhere for ffp then that'd make sense. Are man city's sister clubs laughing all the way to the bank? That'd answer if that's possible. In terms of taxable profits etc, there aren't many in football.

Genuinely don't get the point in any of our arrangement. I bought a car once when i was hammered and didn't even have a provisional license. Maybe it's something like that?
My dad did that with my first car, I didn’t ask him nor did I want it and he just told me I could pay him back over the course of a year.

I’d just graduated and hadn’t yet found a job, had a maxed out credit card and overdraft.

I reckon he was pissed up, agreed to buy a car off a mate, regretted it in the morning and ****ed it off on me. Fair play.

My dad did that with my first car, I didn’t ask him nor did I want it and he just told me I could pay him back over the course of a year.

I’d just graduated and hadn’t yet found a job, had a maxed out credit card and overdraft.

I reckon he was pissed up, agreed to buy a car off a mate, regretted it in the morning and ****ed it off on me. Fair play.

Sometimes you're just having a nice day on the drink and someone mentions they're selling a car. You're already happy, share the love and all that. I'm fairly sure my first car that i never even sat in was funded by money saved to fund my driving lessons. Good skills.

Sometimes you're just having a nice day on the drink and someone mentions they're selling a car. You're already happy, share the love and all that. I'm fairly sure my first car that i never even sat in was funded by money saved to fund my driving lessons. Good skills.
Oh yeah you’re up for buying anything with four wheels at that age. The thought of it beats the reality.

To be fair I ended up getting back four times what I paid for my first car because VW were doing an absolutely ridiculous scrappage scheme for diesels in 2017.

I bought my first car and then planned to sell it before I went to Uni. A bloke was coming round to the house one morning to look at the car and I got absolutely welded the night before, so couldn’t be arsed to get up. My dad sold the car for me and then I saw it upside down in a ditch 2 days later. The ups and downs of a shit car, back in the 90s.

Oh yeah you’re up for buying anything with four wheels at that age. The thought of it beats the reality.

This bit makes me chuckle the most as i was defo late 20s if not already 30s. Stood in a beer garden smoking away with the wife while texting my car purchase negotiations.

This bit makes me chuckle the most as i was defo late 20s if not already 30s. Stood in a beer garden smoking away with the wife while texting my car purchase negotiations.
:icon lol: :icon lol: :icon lol:

I can sort of understand why people might chase the riches of top tier football in England (wouldn’t put my money on it, though), but am I being thick in not understanding the point of this exercise? I can’t imagine Belgian football is awash with cash, but maybe I’m missing something, so why do it?

I think that the original purpose was to bypass the effects of Brexit and enable us to sign players that wouldn't get work permits in the UK. The best example of us trying to do that was Kamal Sowah who we signed, immediately sent to OHL and eventually sold for around £7m.

The idea was also to move our young players there on loan to progress. They even appointed Nigel Pearson there to look after the likes of George Hirst. Remember that OHL were able to sign Hirst for nothing from Sheff Wed when we'd have needed to pay a fee. We sold him for £1.5m last summer.

The plan went awry when OHL appointed Marc Brys as manager who refused point blank to have anything to do with our castoffs. He's gone now. They have our striker Opoku this season but he appears to have gone backwards.

OHL are currently struggling against relegation. Their fanbase reckon that their leadership team of Top, Whelan and Rudkin are utterly ignorant about what is required and far too slow to do anything about their issues. Sound familiar?

One benefit of the set up is that, let's just make this up, Rudkin a small fortune to be Director of Football for OHL and much less to do the job at Leicester City. Thay way we'd be able to reduce the amount it appears that key personnel get here. It might also apply to many other members of the support structure at LCFC that make regular trips to Belgium.

I think that the original purpose was to bypass the effects of Brexit and enable us to sign players that wouldn't get work permits in the UK. The best example of us trying to do that was Kamal Sowah who we signed, immediately sent to OHL and eventually sold for around £7m.

The idea was also to move our young players there on loan to progress. They even appointed Nigel Pearson there to look after the likes of George Hirst. Remember that OHL were able to sign Hirst for nothing from Sheff Wed when we'd have needed to pay a fee. We sold him for £1.5m last summer.

The plan went awry when OHL appointed Marc Brys as manager who refused point blank to have anything to do with our castoffs. He's gone now. They have our striker Opoku this season but he appears to have gone backwards.

OHL are currently struggling against relegation. Their fanbase reckon that their leadership team of Top, Whelan and Rudkin are utterly ignorant about what is required and far too slow to do anything about their issues. Sound familiar?

One benefit of the set up is that, let's just make this up, Rudkin a small fortune to be Director of Football for OHL and much less to do the job at Leicester City. Thay way we'd be able to reduce the amount it appears that key personnel get here. It might also apply to many other members of the support structure at LCFC that make regular trips to Belgium.
So the purchase of the club is more like a Rover then? All gone to shit?

This was shortly before KP bought them wasn't it?

Still, for all we've got out of the purchase I defo think it was a drunken mistake. Like buying a web domain like billcosby.co.uk. that's an interesting flashback this discussion has brought up. Was a long while before the obvious reasons not to buy that.

Mate of mine bought a car for a fiver in the mid 80s off some bloke in the pub. Hillman something or other. It had no back seats, the boot was held shut with a bungee cord, the radiator leaked all over the road so you had to refill it every few miles. The electrics also cut out every few miles & the only way to get it restarted was to pop the bonnet & belt the battery connectors with a spanner.

Him & another guy came round to mine in it, I had to walk half a mile to my mam's to fill a 5 gallon jerry with water for the radiator when it overheated & broke down.

We broke in to New Parks school & used the car park as a skid pan for 20 minutes.

Then the engine caught fire & we legged it.

All told, he owned it for less than 4 hours.

Mate of mine bought a car for a fiver in the mid 80s off some bloke in the pub. Hillman something or other. It had no back seats, the boot was held shut with a bungee cord, the radiator leaked all over the road so you had to refill it every few miles. The electrics also cut out every few miles & the only way to get it restarted was to pop the bonnet & belt the battery connectors with a spanner.

Him & another guy came round to mine in it, I had to walk half a mile to my mam's to fill a 5 gallon jerry with water for the radiator when it overheated & broke down.

We broke in to New Parks school & used the car park as a skid pan for 20 minutes.

Then the engine caught fire & we legged it.

All told, he owned it for less than 4 hours.

was it an Imp or something like that? My sister had a friend from uni who broke down in her purple wardrobe on wheels that I think was one of those. She had no recovery cover and I had an AA or RAC card (as you do when 19 and more than a decade away from having a driving lesson). Jumped at the chance to sit in her car for no reason other than saving her some sponds. I can't imagine anyone having less fun in a parked car than that day.

was it an Imp or something like that? My sister had a friend from uni who broke down in her purple wardrobe on wheels that I think was one of those. She had no recovery cover and I had an AA or RAC card (as you do when 19 and more than a decade away from having a driving lesson). Jumped at the chance to sit in her car for no reason other than saving her some sponds. I can't imagine anyone having less fun in a parked car than that day.
A bottle green box on wheels so yes, probably an Imp.

I agree, except that I wouldn't be confident that we could survive another season in the Championship.

Unlike the summer just gone, I don't see players we could sell for good money next summer in the squad. Without that, how on earth do we make it all add up?
That’s why we shouldn’t play a weakened team in a league game and prioritize a meaningless cup game. It’s also why, for the rest of the season we should stick with the players who’ve got us to the verge of promotion and not drop them to test out young players.

Had a summer job after 1st year Uni and bought my first 'car', a third hand, 1966, somewhat unreliable Reliant Regal. Even three wheels was still better than none!

Had a summer job after 1st year Uni and bought my first 'car', a third hand, 1966, somewhat unreliable Reliant Regal. Even three wheels was still better than none!
The formative Del Boy.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464