Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He has been out of football since he finished in Turkey and his fitness level would mean that he could not immediately step into any team"

There could well be something in this rumour. Sounds exactly our kind of player.

Or it shows a striker who hasn't repaid his 'worth' in any way shape or form yet, throwing his toys out of the pram because he isn't getting picked week in week out.

Mind you, being partnered with Ulloa must be a kick in the balls.
or a manager too clueless to get the best out of a £30m striker as he only knows one system, sort of

or a manager too clueless to get the best out of a £30m striker as he only knows one system, sort of
You really can't see the numerous shortcomings Slimani has? He has dreadful control, charges around the pitch giving away countless fouls and his shooting is appalling on the whole. Who exactly should he be playing instead of; our best striker or the one who constantly helps out our inept midfield?

I wouldn't pick him due to the gloves. The only people playing who should wear gloves are keepers. Bloody tights can do one n all. I could get away with stockings though.

You really can't see the numerous shortcomings Slimani has? He has dreadful control, charges around the pitch giving away countless fouls and his shooting is appalling on the whole. Who exactly should he be playing instead of; our best striker or the one who constantly helps out our inept midfield?
how about we pick a system that doesn't reply on 1 striker being a sprinter and another playing in midfield, Slimani played in a possession based team in Portugal had good control and touch and scored so many goals we paid £30m for him, only an absolute ****ing cretin would buy a player for that much then not play him in a way that will actually allow him to do what you saw him do that made you buy him

how about we pick a system that doesn't reply on 1 striker being a sprinter and another playing in midfield

I guess you're new around here. Welcome to the club. We only know 4-4-2 and fried chicken here, there's probably other forums of clubs where you can discuss these alternative systems which are bordering on blasphemy. How's your French?

I guess you're new around here. Welcome to the club. We only know 4-4-2 and fried chicken here, there's probably other forums of clubs where you can discuss these alternative systems which are bordering on blasphemy. How's your French?
Par fait

how about we pick a system that doesn't reply on 1 striker being a sprinter and another playing in midfield, Slimani played in a possession based team in Portugal had good control and touch and scored so many goals we paid £30m for him, only an absolute ****ing cretin would buy a player for that much then not play him in a way that will actually allow him to do what you saw him do that made you buy him
I don't know why you think playing him in a different system will all of a sudden make him better with his feet, more able to control a football or less likely to charge around running into people. He scored a lot of goals in a league of dreadful quality if the truth be told and he hasn't learned anything at all, it would seem, whilst he has been here.

He may come good, who the hell knows, but picking him over Vardy, Iheanacho or Okazaki at present would be sheer stupidity from any manager no matter what the system.

I absolutely agree that we should try a different system. Be that 5 at the back or 5 in the middle, I still wouldn't pick Slimani as the striker because he simply has too many shortcomings and we have better options at present.

I absolutely agree that we should try a different system. Be that 5 at the back or 5 in the middle, I still wouldn't pick Slimani as the striker because he simply has too many shortcomings and we have better options at present.

Slimani or no Slimani, I reckon we're a season and a few managers away from seeing a different tactic. Players voted with their feet last year and Shakey and the next guy (Applebum?) will have to play along until the summer.

For the record I’m not staying I would play Slimani but to constantly ask him to play in a style that doesn’t suit him is setting him up to fail

Slimani or no Slimani, I reckon we're a season and a few managers away from seeing a different tactic. Players voted with their feet last year and Shakey and the next guy (Applebum?) will have to play along until the summer.
I don't see it being for a few managers. If CS doesn't change the system then he will be gone soon unless we have a good run of form. If a new man comes in then I think the system will be the first thing changed regardless, if for nothing else but show appeasement to the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757