MOTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

I have just took my car for a MOT. It failed and I gave the go-ahead for the work to be carried out to correct it.

I am due to collection in a hour's time. Where do I stand on my MOT? Should I ask for certificate when paying the mechanic for the recent work carried out on it or do I have to book/get a re-test done?

it will need to be re-tested for the thing that it failed on... you may have to pay a re-test fee too (I did last year).

Last edited:
oh right, do the repairs whilst you wait? I went to Ausden Clark last year - always had the impression they were ripping me off

oh right, do the repairs whilst you wait? I went to Ausden Clark last year - always had the impression they were ripping me off

Naa, I had the MOT and they asked me if I wanted them straight the way as they had the space and time. I was ok with that. He said it should be done by 3.30pm - so I wandered back money to get some more money aswell.

I nearly went Ausden Clark this morning! :frown:

What really pissed me off was that the headlights were insecure - the last twat fiddle around with them was Spotty McTeenager from Halfords also on Abbey Lane.

I thought that if you left the car at the garage and they rectified it then the retest was free.

That's certainly what has happened to me in the past.

edit : that's what this says too:

http://www.motester.co.uk/mot-compfees.html

"Official FREE re-Tests
The are only two sets of re-Test circumstances where the price set by Government for a re-Test is zero – that is 'Free'.

1. If the vehicle has failed the MOT and is left at the Testing Station for repair and re-Test and does not leave the Testing Station, then the re-Test is free.

2. If the vehicle fails because of one or more items on the list of specific items (‘Free Retest Items’), provided the vehicle is returned for re-Test by the end of the next working day, then no fee applies."

Last edited:
The "re-test" will be free as they'll have nothing to do except print you a pass certificate.

mine left the testing station in between having the repairs and the re-test so that is why I would have paid.

mine left the testing station in between having the repairs and the re-test so that is why I would have paid.

I suppose it makes sense as in your case something could have happened in the meantime to the items they'd previously tested, but if you leave it there then they'll know it's still the same except for the items you're paying them to get up to standard - and it'd look embarassing if they re-tested and failed those.

Last edited:
Raj Motors on Abbey Lane. Tbf, they are being ok with it. The bloke even took me into the garage to show the probelms.

Always used to use Raj when before I bought a new car.Shan't need one again, you don't MOT a bus

Naa, I had the MOT and they asked me if I wanted them straight the way as they had the space and time. I was ok with that. He said it should be done by 3.30pm - so I wandered back money to get some more money aswell.

I nearly went Ausden Clark this morning! :frown:

What really pissed me off was that the headlights were insecure - the last twat fiddle around with them was Spotty McTeenager from Halfords also on Abbey Lane.

FFS Hazz you play football with the bloke the least you can do is use his proper name

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58