move the kop petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filbert street was a lot closer to the pitch and more enclosed. The acoustics at the Walkers are pants, there have been plenty of times when the kop and the people around me have been singing but you can't hear anything from the side stand let alone N/L Block.

Filbert Street was brilliant - my favourite stadium ever. The noise we used to generate in there was unbelievable at times.

Acoustic or blah blah, there's been some cracking atmospheres this season when we have came up against sides who played to win against and had away fans with some voice too.

Nothing like Filbert Street though :icon_wink

I would advise against anyone wasting their time with signing this petition. It has been made quite clear by the Club and by a majority of Leicester Supporters that an atmosphere created naturally by it's fans is not wanted. Game over.

Last edited:
I did not start the petition,just thought i would mention it as this is a leicester city topic site for football.

also sorry for the spelling mistakes,did not realize certain people on here took it to heart.

getting back to the subject,i must admit a tad surprised leicester fans in general are opposed to moving the kop,or trying something else to create an atmosphere.

I take my 4 kids,and they love it when we chant,its all part of the day out.

but even at there tender age watching a game thats boring with no atmosphere,they soon lose interest,so thats why i am all for it.

I did not start the petition,just thought i would mention it as this is a leicester city topic site for football.

also sorry for the spelling mistakes,did not realize certain people on here took it to heart.

getting back to the subject,i must admit a tad surprised leicester fans in general are opposed to moving the kop,or trying something else to create an atmosphere.

I take my 4 kids,and they love it when we chant,its all part of the day out.

but even at there tender age watching a game thats boring with no atmosphere,they soon lose interest,so thats why i am all for it.

It depends which leicester fans site you go on, for example if you go on Foxestalk then you will find that most fans are for the idea but realise at the same time that switching the kop with the family stand will probably never happen. Then come on here and most fans are against the idea. I personally want the kop and the family stand to be switched but like i said earlier i realise that there isn't much chance of this happening no matter how many people sign that petition.

Surely a "Kop" is passive in its creation? Isn't anything else just a tad too contrived?

I guess this is more of a "Move The Family Stand Petition" as opposed to a "Move The Kop" one.

I have my seat in the Family Stand and I like it. I will not be swapping it under any circumstance just to allow some naughty little boys to sit/stand/drum in there and tell 2000 away fans that they're gonna kick their heads in after the match.

Stupid twats.

Last edited:
and tell 2000 away fans that they're gonna kick their heads in after the match.

Stupid twats.

Yes but it's essential that the away fans are also made aware of the fact that we hate Nottingham.

Stupid twats.

I have my seat in the Family Stand and I like it. I will not be swapping it under any circumstance just to allow some naughty little boys to sit/stand/drum in there and tell 2000 away fans that they're gonna kick their heads in after the match.

Stupid twats.

Those 'naughty little boys' are the ones who were sitting in the family stand a few years ago like I stood with my dad at Filbert Street.
Maybe the young lad sitting with his parents near to you this season will be the next generation of Stupid twat.

Those 'naughty little boys' are the ones who were sitting in the family stand a few years ago like I stood with my dad at Filbert Street.
Maybe the young lad sitting with his parents near to you this season will be the next generation of Stupid twat.

So you admit you are a stupud twat who sees nothing wrong with scrambling over people, blocking the aisles and hurling violent abuse at the away fans? I bet you think jobber is a legend as well?

So you admit you are a stupud twat who sees nothing wrong with scrambling over people, blocking the aisles and hurling violent abuse at the away fans? I bet you think jobber is a legend as well?
No.

I was talking about the twenty year olds.

I cannot stand the fact that people boo. I suppose people will when we are playing badly but I've heard it several times this season and it beggars belief - the same fan's will complain when players/managers leave us, citing "loyalty".
Bloody good point Singth, well put.

:icon_roll

Just because some fans like to sit/stand and be vocal and get behind the team it doesn't mean that we scramble across aisles and over the top of people to flick the V's at the away fans.

I was talking about the twenty year olds.

I was pointing out that the club has made massive efforts to attract young fans and there comes a point when they stop going with their parents. In an ideal world they would all sit nicely, applaud in the right places and pump their arms to Chelsea Dagger, but we all know that won't happen, we've all been that age.
There seems to be an attitude from some that these supporters have been dropped from the sky and have no history with supporting the club.
I don't doubt that in many cases the behaviour is unacceptable but like it or not they are a group that now needs to be catered for, just like O.A.P's, Kids and middle aged bores like me.

As beighton pointed out:- scrambling over people, blocking the aisles and hurling violent abuse at the away fans? So maybe a singing section or whatever we want to call it isn't such a bad idea so that the people doing these things are in a controlled confined area and that the rest of us can take it or leave it.

Last edited:
I was pointing out that the club has made massive efforts to attract young fans and there comes a point when they stop going with their parents. In an ideal world they would all sit nicely, applaud in the right places and pump their arms to Chelsea Dagger, but we all know that won't happen, we've all been that age.
There seems to be an attitude from some that these supporters have been dropped from the sky and have no history with supporting the club.
I don't doubt that in many cases the behaviour is unacceptable but like it or not they are a group that now needs to be catered for, just like O.A.P's, Kids and middle aged bores like me.

As beighton pointed out:- scrambling over people, blocking the aisles and hurling violent abuse at the away fans? So maybe a singing section or whatever we want to call it isn't such a bad idea so that the people doing these things are in a controlled confined area and that the rest of us can take it or leave it.

What bollocks, and you completely missed my point. Their actions are against ground rules, cause health and safety hazards and piss off everyone around them. Why the **** should we cater for them? They should learn to behave themselves. I have no problem with them singing all game, i have no problem with them swearing, but they should stay in their seat and leave off with the implied violence. They tried the N block singing section last season, it fell flat on it's face. It was full for about 2 games then petered off, now it's often half empty.

:icon_roll

Just because some fans like to sit/stand and be vocal and get behind the team it doesn't mean that we scramble across aisles and over the top of people to flick the V's at the away fans.

But those are the fans we are talking about? I can't think of anything less likely to improve the atmosphere than sectioning everyone off. Old people away from the away fans over here, the heavy singers here, gradiating to the light/occasional singers round here. It seems the only people who want this want to go back to the apparant glory days of the so called baby squad and away day fights. Too much Green Stree me thinks. If it was just about the singing then people would naturally congregate towards the groups they wanted, the ground is never full and there are 18,000 people there, so either all of them don't want to create an atmosphere or you lot are over-reacting and have rose tinted glasses of Filbert Street and would a ground should be like.

What bollocks, and you completely missed my point. Their actions are against ground rules, cause health and safety hazards and piss off everyone around them. Why the **** should we cater for them? They should learn to behave themselves. I have no problem with them singing all game, i have no problem with them swearing, but they should stay in their seat and leave off with the implied violence. They tried the N block singing section last season, it fell flat on it's face. It was full for about 2 games then petered off, now it's often half empty.

I think we all know that that section wasn't promoted and failed.

Don't worry you won't have move your seat because this will fail but the problem of people and behaviour in areas where others would rather not have them will not go away.

You have a very simplified view of bad behaviour (which despite your highlighting I don't defend), "learn to behave themselves", maybe this could be passed on to the powers that be in the government.

The main problem here is that the club cocked it up from the first day. Causing what's happening here, supporters of the same team squabbling amongst themselves.

Last edited:
Hey, don't send even more of them my way:icon_bigg.

I sit in L1, but a bit closer to the pitch than the 'boys' at the back. Personally I do enjoy a bit of banter with the away fans however at no stage have I ever let this boil over into full on aggression. I also find the view of the pitch/action from this area better than that behind the goal.
The club have made L1 a ST holder only area, and are having to actively monitor this each week by people having to show season tickets to enter the section, because of so many people trying to get in.
If people want to get close to away fans buy a ticket in N block or an ST in L1, instead of causing problems for the stewards, police and other fans by moving to a section you are not entitled to watch the game from.
I am sure those fans who do sneak into L1 without a ST are the first to moan when there is an increase in the police presence and will be even more upset if they are ejected.

That's a load of rubbish about L1 being STH only now, I know so many people who since Christmas at least, who have bought match tickets for L1. One of the stewards told me the only reason they still check tickets is to make sure no one going up those stairs who doesn't have a ticket for L1, regardless of it being a ST or match ticket.

It was a joke decision to do that anyhoo imo.

That's a load of rubbish about L1 being STH only now, I know so many people who since Christmas at least, who have bought match tickets for L1. One of the stewards told me the only reason they still check tickets is to make sure no one going up those stairs who doesn't have a ticket for L1, regardless of it being a ST or match ticket.

It was a joke decision to do that anyhoo imo.

The checking of tickets is always half-hearted anyway. I walked up with two cups of coffee at half time today and they didn't bother with me as I couldn't 'get it out'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263