Muzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

Bottom line this season - we miss muzzy, so much has depended on him the last 2 seasons

yeh i was thinking that as well, at first when we replaced him with connolly i thought it wasnt too bad a loss but as times gone on we do seem to be missing him more and more - on a day like today when nothings happening he could get things kicking - remember the blackburn game last season, 2nd best for 70 minutes, he comes on buzzes about and 5 minutes later its 2-0.

Country Fox said:
Bottom line this season - we miss muzzy, so much has depended on him the last 2 seasons

I have said this many times on forums; you are so right, so so right, replacing Muzzy could prove nigh on impossible.

why try and replace muzzy, we wont, get someone new and stop refering back to him, in our eyes theres not many people going to compare to him, so why compare people to him?

leicester_til_i_die said:
why try and replace muzzy, we wont, get someone new and stop refering back to him, in our eyes theres not many people going to compare to him, so why compare people to him?

People will refer to him as he is the reason we look like a pile of shite this term - I'm sure MA is trying to replace him, but it's a lot harder than maybe on paper, Williams and Nalis certainly do not fit the part yet.

i fail to see how muzzy would help our team at the moment, we'd still have only a handfull of players that can cope at this level.

last time we went down we still had a lot of good players, and it wasn't just muzzy, yeah he was by far the best player and we didn't look half the team with out him, but we've never replaced lennon, he was one of our if not the best player of that time.

lets face it muzz has gone, we can't blame him for where we are, maybe we should have looked at getting one better player instead of some of the shite he's brought in, and not letting go of some of the players we did, mckinley, freund and davidson, i will never understand why we let them go, especially davidson.

The amount of players that either left or where kicked out last season, is an indication of a major problem at city. What that problem is or who that problem is, I dont claim to know. but I am sure that the problem has not been caused because one player has left.

That problem (what ever it is) is reason why muzzy left and why all the other players left and that problem has to be either MA, DB or cork.

The lack of enthusiasum we have seen this season idicates to me that that problem still exists and it does not matter who or what players we have they will not play well until the root cause of the problem a city is removed.

Firstly can I say the problem, and reason Muzzy left was that we got realageated and could no longer afford his contract!

As for the others it seems MA allows his personal feeling about the players, e.g. Howey, Rodgers, Billy Mac, Freund, davidson, Elliott, Dabizas, Farnk Sinclair, Big Gerry and lots lots more! In sort Ma laets his personal feeling mix with the professional side of the game!

If you look at Mon he was at the traing ground for something like 30mins on a monday and a few hours on a friday before a match to pick the team! Because of this MON was really seen as a big mr boss man, and installed fear into the players, then again having players up the wall by their neck probally did that aswell! I just don't see that fear from MA, all they see IMO is a week man who is petit and will start arguments (we lknow this from his interviews with nev!)

Overall Ma needs to be harder on the players! Oh yeah and what ever happened to MA's moto being "Fitness, Fitness, Fitness"????? Might want to get taht back Micky!

Fox Fan said:
Firstly can I say the problem, and reason Muzzy left was that we got realageated and could no longer afford his contract!

As for the others it seems MA allows his personal feeling about the players, e.g. Howey, Rodgers, Billy Mac, Freund, davidson, Elliott, Dabizas, Farnk Sinclair, Big Gerry and lots lots more! In sort Ma laets his personal feeling mix with the professional side of the game!

If you look at Mon he was at the traing ground for something like 30mins on a monday and a few hours on a friday before a match to pick the team! Because of this MON was really seen as a big mr boss man, and installed fear into the players, then again having players up the wall by their neck probally did that aswell! I just don't see that fear from MA, all they see IMO is a week man who is petit and will start arguments (we lknow this from his interviews with nev!)

Overall Ma needs to be harder on the players! Oh yeah and what ever happened to MA's moto being "Fitness, Fitness, Fitness"????? Might want to get taht back Micky!

To be fair to Micky on the players you mention what have they done?

Howey : Couldnt get into the Bolton Team and has now gone to the States.
Rodgers : Sounds like he is doing OK at the scum but when he was here we were all moaning about how bad he was.
Billy Mac: Couldnt get a job and is playing in the res for Fulham. No sign of the coaching job that was rumoured. Too old top be of any use IMO.
Freund: Retired i think.
Davidson :Always injured and as far as i know still is as he hasnt kicked a ball for Preston.
Elliot : Still here and to be honest we could do with him.
Dabizas : Mmmm
Frank : Liability! Did you see his gaff the other week?
Gerry : Cant flick the Vss no matter who you are. But yes it would have been nice to keep him.

But i do take your point he does get too emotional about some things. I Honestly feel he is trying his hardest for the club but maybe this challenge is too much for him.
We need to decide our starting 11 and stick to it. Last year we tinkered far to much and nobody got a chance to settle.
We as fans are guilty of doing this in our pre match selections the amount of changes people propose are ridiculous as soon as a player has a bad game we all want to drop him but it should nt be like that you have to give players a run in a team to really see what they are made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263