My Radical Plan for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Puel needs to go, that is in no doubt, however for me the club needs a kick up the 'arris and a refresh, new ideas and impetus. My plan would be as follows -

Jon Rudkin has presided over a league title win and clearly is respected by the owner, however I genuinely believe he is out of his depth in the Director of Football role, I would move him to oversee the new training ground and stadium expansion projects.

I would bring back Nigel Pearson not as Manager but as Director of Football, with the remit of restructuring the club, rebuild the sports science, sports psycology, scouting & recruitment departments so we move back to being a progressive club always looking to innovate with our methods, I feel we have slowly dismantled what he built and ever since we have, the regression has been significant. I also believe he would bring much needed stability and would work well with Top in ensuring the club continues to progress in line with Vichai's vision.

With the departure of Macia, this enables the return of Steve Walsh Snr to return as Head of Recruitment and Scouting, again to establish the structure, processes and technical scouting that served so well up to the title win.

The recruitment of a top level Head Coach who can come in and work with a decent squad and bring a brand of football that is sustainable, high energy and entertaining, for me we should break the bank and bring in Bielsa from Leeds, he is proving his methods can work well in English football and I believe he would get a real tune out of the current squad and we would have a real chance of genuinely challenging for European football.

Thank you Pfkaktf for a remarkable post. Many of us have already hoped to see Steve Walsh Sr back at the club. The rest has ideas that are new to me.

At the moment we have Mags Mermagh in charge of Estates and Infrastructure. Your plan would replace Mags by Jon Rudkin. I would guess that Mags was appointed because of relevant qualifications and experience Mr Rudkin has worked with footballers for twenty years and has a UEFA pro licence. Mr Rudkin will find his qualifications little help in dealing with building matters and would surely be even more out of his depth.

I have to admit that I had never heard of Mags Mermagh until I looked the job up on the net. There is a picture of her smiling. This was obviously before she heard of Pfkaktf and his plan to replace her with Mr Rudkin. She can take comfort in having a really cool name Perhaps she might simply job swop and become Director of Football.

That Liverpool manager would get us playing the high pressing / counter attack game we were so good at!

Anything would be better than the current tippy-tappy, 20 passes sideways or backwards, rather than just launching into whichever channel Vardy points to!

And if Puel thinks he does not need to recruit another striker in January, he is seriously deluded!

Even Spurs have woken up to the fact that they need someone else besides Lord Harry Kane to score goals, and they now have Son, Lamela, Moura, Erikson, Alli and even Dier all chipping in with goals.

Sort it out Puel!

If Puel goes (I'm finding it harder to defend him, and would be utterly unopposed now - and if even I feel like that about a manager he's almost certainly toast), I think that we're probably better planning a proper succession and revamping of the backroom from Rudkin down. This would be better be actioned over the summer, as the best managers and players don't tend to move any other time.

I think there's a lot to be said for the idea of getting in Pearson and Walsh in non-managerial roles that's been suggested (the rest of that idea though...) Of those coaches reguarly seen in the EPL, I would put David Wagner head and shoulders above the rest and he is almost certainly going to be available in the summer. He would also bring a pressing and energetic style which would bring results and be a lot more enjoyable to watch. Of course, there are lots of coaches from further afield who board might be looking into right now - whether that's been Rudkin or Top in the past making those decisions though, I think we have to face up to the fact that they have a pretty poor record of selecting a manager (one Claudio against sacking Pearson the first time, Svenis, Sousa, The Craig and the man who's about to create a vacancy) and should not be asked for a repeat performance. I don't imagine we'll attract one of the very biggest names, so it is possible we'll lose players like Chilwell and Maguire come what mayb but he probably gives us a better chance than most names being mentioned.

I say fill the club from top to bottom with the managers of the last 25 years. O’Neill in as head of scouting and recruitment. Rob Kelly on the training ground with a smashing bunch of lads redoubling their efforts every week. Assorted wanky made up titles for Ranieri, Brian Little, Mark McGhee, Micky Adams. Cheeky pseudocockney ‘Mad Dog’ Martin Allen running the ticket office. Craig Levein, Peter Taylor, and Nigel Worthington doing appropriately tedious office jobs. And Megson and Sousa cleaning the shithouses, obviously.

I say fill the club from top to bottom with the managers of the last 25 years. O’Neill in as head of scouting and recruitment. Rob Kelly on the training ground with a smashing bunch of lads redoubling their efforts every week. Assorted wanky made up titles for Ranieri, Brian Little, Mark McGhee, Micky Adams. Cheeky pseudocockney ‘Mad Dog’ Martin Allen running the ticket office. Craig Levein, Peter Taylor, and Nigel Worthington doing appropriately tedious office jobs. And Megson and Sousa cleaning the shithouses, obviously.
David Pleat can keep the nearby curbs clean?

How is Mad Dog not in charge of the pitch? What with his previous flower based expertise, this seems like madness, to me.

How is Mad Dog not in charge of the pitch? What with his previous flower based expertise, this seems like madness, to me.
Ture, good point. I’m sure Top, Milan Mandaric, John Elsom, the late Tom Smeaton, and Martin George can work out the details between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363