N Block Success or not?

Was the n block a success or not?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

so what do you reckon?

They seemed to enjoy themselves.

My criticism of them prior to the game now turns out to be a bit harsh, they didn't piss me off at all during the match, I couldn't hear them

If it wasn't for their bad and derogatory attitude towards other supporters, I'd find them largely irrelevant

It may have been the fact that I had a shed load of beer before the game, but I didn't hear a fcking thing.

In my opinion it was very much a success in that the supporters who want to sing and stand throughout the game were able to do so without fear of being moaned at by other supporters who don't feel the same.

I think the main mistake made before the Cov. game was the use of the word 'Ultras' as this brings to mind a whole stand of colour and noise, and only having the small area that is N block, this was never going to happen at the Walkers.

I have yet to read that anybody who went in N block didn't have a good time, and it appears that they didn't upset anybody else, as those who sat elsewhere enjoyed themselves too - surely a win/win situation :102:

In my opinion it was very much a success in that the supporters who want to sing and stand throughout the game were able to do so without fear of being moaned at by other supporters who don't feel the same.

I think the main mistake made before the Cov. game was the use of the word 'Ultras' as this brings to mind a whole stand of colour and noise, and only having the small area that is N block, this was never going to happen at the Walkers.

I have yet to read that anybody who went in N block didn't have a good time, and it appears that they didn't upset anybody else, as those who sat elsewhere enjoyed themselves too - surely a win/win situation :102:

But the same could be said for the Kop well where I sit anyway. Ive been there for three years now and have never been moaned at for standing up or singing. I have to say the one thing N block did do imo was make the kop sing up.

I know a couple of people from the family stand who have complained about it - and I suspect the stewards and S.A.G will be moaning about the standing

But the same could be said for the Kop well where I sit anyway. Ive been there for three years now and have never been moaned at for standing up or singing. I have to say the one thing N block did do imo was make the kop sing up.

Not in my opinion

It was the whole Mandaric factor - plus the fact that it was Cov, plus the fact that we were three nil up inside 25 minutes

My lot used to go in E3 and the moaning became so unbearable that they moved to L1. I guess it's just the luck of the draw as to who you get sitting near you, as I'm sure Drew will appreciate :icon_wink

I know a couple of people from the family stand who have complained about it - and I suspect the stewards and S.A.G will be moaning about the standing

Yet conversely, I've been told that quite a few families were joining in with N block and the songs.

Yet conversely, I've been told that quite a few families were joining in with N block and the songs.

I can quite believe it

But it's those that complain who will make the most impression

I can quite believe it

But it's those that complain who will make the most impression

Sad, but true.
Hopefully, the Club will put things into perspective and weigh up a couple of complaints against several hundred who had their most enjoyable time at the Walkers to date - but I won't hold my breath :icon_roll

Last edited:
Not in my opinion

It was the whole Mandaric factor - plus the fact that it was Cov, plus the fact that we were three nil up inside 25 minutes

quite possibly true

Ok here goes - I've been lurking for the past few months and thought i'd take the leap of faith and make the first post.

In my opinion the whole point of playing at home is that the majority of fans support the home team and show that support by urging their team on: thus giving the players a lift and hopefully increasing the chance of victory. Back in the day filbert street was literally rocking with noise, making it down right intimidating, and to some degree at the walkers in the first season. this has definately been lost and i personally put it down to 3 factors

1) The club believing that championship football warrants the same ticket prices as for a premiership match - hiding it behind the mask of "ticket prices frozen" and "you get an extra 4 games for the same price" to be honest i don't give a toss if there's 4 more games mainly because they'll be against southend, barnsley etc - give me arsenal and man united any day.

how can playing in front of 25,000 max each week be beneficial for the players - drop the prices and fill the bloody stadium!

2) One of the main reasons would also appear to be the change in the games status. now we get to be a family club where you can take the kids, the wife, your gran and your great auntie mavis. I'm not against this by any means but why get into a situation where families who are easily offended by swearing (v. understandable with small children) can sit anywhere, forcing the whole stadium to be a giant family stand. give a stand over for those that want it and let everyone else get on with cheering the lads on without stewards interfering every 5 minutes. in the past swearing and chanting was part and parcel of going to the football and the attitude was if you don't like it don't go - lets just say if you don't like it sit in this stand here.

3) the obvious one thats been mentioned hundreds of times before - just why is the kop at the opposite end of the stadium to the away fans? i remember going to filbo with my dad and you could hear the banter as you went through the turnstiles half hour before kick off - now you hear jack until the ref blows his whistle as people prefer to stand in the concourse having a pint rather than try and drown out the away fans way over the other side of the ground and who can blame them.

on the subject of n block its a great idea - but next to the family stand? just wait for the complaints to start and it'll be scrapped. if we want to make things really interesting lets flip the kop and the family stand and even split the kop into the west stand too and surround the away fans with a mass of singing city fans. if that doesn't give the lads a lift what will? (i do realise it'll never happen because of the police, difficulty with season ticket seats when there's bigger away allocations etc).

final part of the rant get rid of the bloody posthorn gallop/ birdie song remix NOW!

drop the prices and fill the bloody stadium!

But qhen they do drop the prices it doesn't make much of an impact on attendances - unless they're dropped to the level they were for the Barnsley match, and if they did that the club couldn't survive.

The way to increase attendances is to have a successful team and sensible prices. It doesn't matter how low the prices are, if the team is crap part time supporters won't be interested.

Last edited:
But qhwn they do drop the prices it doesn't make much of an impact on attendances - unless they're dropped to the level they were for the Barnsley match, and if they did that the club couldn't survive.

The way to increase attendances is to have a successful team and sensible prices. It doesn't matter how low the prices are, if the team is crap part time supporters won't be interested.

granted however i'm not talking about one off reductions but a consistent price with the level of football we're playing. there is no way that a championship season ticket should cost the same as a premiership ticket. even the club see that logic by raising prices upon promotion. at the end of the day season ticket sales are vital and recent promotions have devalued them somewhat. if STs are priced fairly at the start of the season the match tickets can come into line and we can lose the gimmicky promotions. take saturday for example, assuming we have 15000 season ticket holders (rough guess) assuming the other 10000 fans all paid the £22 they made an additional 220k. for a derby that appeals to everyone an with mm etc if the prices were £15 i rckon we'd have hit 30000+ and taken an extra 225,000 - sure they only make 5k more but with a near enough sell out crowd surely that gives us more chance of success and extra money from the prem etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263