Nacho Novo

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

Chief Executive Peter Marr told The Sunday Post that unless substantially improved offers for Nacho Novo or Julian Speroni are received by the club then the players will be wearing the Dark Blue again in the new season. Speaking to head sportswriter Ron Scott Peter said "Nacho and Julian are worth much more to Dundee remaining at Dens, if we are not offered the money we value the pair at, they are going nowhere. The ball is firmly in Dundee’s court given that both players are under contract and are more than content to remain at Dens."
Marr said that Rangers bid of £200,000 for Novo, who scored 25 goals last season, was "laughable" and described Crystal Palace’s bid for Speroni as having "Far too many conditions attached to it."

This is from the official Dundee website today. Looks like we have competition from Rangers if indeed we are interested in him. Personally cant see us competing with Rangers.

A mystery Nationwide League club have offered £400,000 for Dundee's coveted striker Nacho Novo.
SPL giants Rangers have already had a bid of over £200,000 for the Spaniard rejected by the cash-strapped Dark Blues.

But The Gers have yet to increase their offer and an unnamed side from England have now upped the ante significantly.

Dundee are believed to want at least £400,000 for Novo, who was one of the shining lights in a dismal past season for the club.

Dens Park boss Jim Duffy confirmed the Nationwide League outfit had now firmed up their interest in Novo and he is waiting for the offer to be placed on the table.

"I had some discussions and that (£400,000) was the figure which was mentioned," confirmed Duffy.

"I have asked the club to put it in writing as there may be various add-ons for us to consider.

"It will then be up to us to decide whether or not we feel that offer is acceptable."

Duffy added that Dundee will not allow Novo to leave Tayside for a measly sum despite the hit-man's apparent desire to move up a level.

He continued: "It's all very well talking about big moves but unless a reasonable offer comes in then he will be going nowhere.

"He's still under contract so if he is going anywhere then we are entitled to substantial competition."

And this is from the Sky Sports website. It also states in another report that the mystery Nationwide club is a 1st Divison side. Cant imagine any other club other than us and maybe Leeds having a chance of getting him

chrislcfc18 said:
A mystery Nationwide League club have offered £400,000 for Dundee's coveted striker Nacho Novo.
SPL giants Rangers have already had a bid of over £200,000 for the Spaniard rejected by the cash-strapped Dark Blues.

But The Gers have yet to increase their offer and an unnamed side from England have now upped the ante significantly.

Dundee are believed to want at least £400,000 for Novo, who was one of the shining lights in a dismal past season for the club.

Dens Park boss Jim Duffy confirmed the Nationwide League outfit had now firmed up their interest in Novo and he is waiting for the offer to be placed on the table.

"I had some discussions and that (£400,000) was the figure which was mentioned," confirmed Duffy.

"I have asked the club to put it in writing as there may be various add-ons for us to consider.

"It will then be up to us to decide whether or not we feel that offer is acceptable."

Duffy added that Dundee will not allow Novo to leave Tayside for a measly sum despite the hit-man's apparent desire to move up a level.

He continued: "It's all very well talking about big moves but unless a reasonable offer comes in then he will be going nowhere.

"He's still under contract so if he is going anywhere then we are entitled to substantial competition."

And this is from the Sky Sports website. It also states in another report that the mystery Nationwide club is a 1st Divison side. Cant imagine any other club other than us and maybe Leeds having a chance of getting him

Doubt it is Leeds as I saw they were offering a Club 80 thousand for a player 40 grand now and 40 grand later. They are worse off than we are. :wink:

this is old news me old mucker,but craig thought it was even older when i brought the 400,000 bid up from a past thread :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757