Naked broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjof

I live in Australia so tennant rights will probably be different.

Moved into rented accomodation recently. Set up naked broadband i.e. no phone line.

Our service provider ran a test on the property last November and said there was a line into the house that would work but technician would need to come and connect it. Paid for this serivice. Had the internet working fine until Monday. 4 calls to Indian call centres and 2 no shows of technicians later, I have been advised that the line up to the switchboard (We live in an appartment block) is fine. Therefore this is not a service provider issue but there is a fault in the wiring in the property. I have to go back to the Real Estate with this problem.

Real Estate is a complete lazy arse bimbo. Her response is that we haven't paid for a phone line therefore it's up to us to pay for the fault to be fixed.

her line:

"There is nothing in the Residential Tenancy Act which specifies that landlords are required to provide communications to an apartment"

My arguement, what if I wanted an electricity service and there were no wires servicing my appartment?

Between lazy bimbos and Indian call centres I'm not able to get much done. any suggestions?

Thanks.

Joff

This thread really didn't live up to its title, such a disappointment

Go down to the real estate and punch the lazy bitch in the face.

Really wanted to do this.

When we moved in the hot water system leaked, as we were away for the weekend it ruined the wooden flooring. I think she is still angry at having to sort that out, especially as she dragged her feet and I pointed out the fact she could have been doing a better job. Wouldn't be surprised if the flood has caused this fault.

I hate real estate twats.

It might not be in your contract, but if it is supplied then i think it is their responsibility. Not sure of the law there but i think that's the case here. I had an old bed sit, when i moved in only the cooker was was listed on the agreement, but when i checked the place and when i moved in there was a fridge, so this was considered as implied, and they had to replace it when it broke.

The same reason why adverts often have "X not included" as courts have made companies provide the missing object.

It might not be in your contract, but if it is supplied then i think it is their responsibility. Not sure of the law there but i think that's the case here. I had an old bed sit, when i moved in only the cooker was was listed on the agreement, but when i checked the place and when i moved in there was a fridge, so this was considered as implied, and they had to replace it when it broke.

The same reason why adverts often have "X not included" as courts have made companies provide the missing object.

Thanks for the advice, I have the building managment contact but long weekend here so nothing can be done, annoying as the lazy bitch knew this and completely ignored my request to look into it.

Seriously considering BM's advice.

I guess if I get a resgistered technician to fix the fault it will be expensive, could I possibly bill the owner or the stratta (building managers)?

Just noticed on the condition report under communications facilities.

The landlord must indicate whether the following facilities are availale:

A telephone line is connected to the residental premises (ticked no)
An internet line is connected to the residential premises (ticked no)

A guess a grey area where they can claim they are not responsible. We are not using a "connected" line but then they are not resposible that a line is runing into the house?

Just noticed on the condition report under communications facilities.

The landlord must indicate whether the following facilities are availale:

A telephone line is connected to the residental premises (ticked no)
An internet line is connected to the residential premises (ticked no)

A guess a grey area where they can claim they are not responsible. We are not using a "connected" line but then they are not resposible that a line is runing into the house?

Unfortunately i think that means they are covered, you can't argue implication if there is a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566