Injury News Ndidi out for 6-12 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all hope that this doesn't turn out like to the Pereira injury and him be out for the rest of the season.

Any idea when Pereira will be back? 2021? Middle of the following season?

About a month I think.

Shit happens. At least Evans is back to play at CB, if not then I'd rather not think about the Man City game.

Papy can deputise at CM but it has to be said that he ain't no Wilf. And I reckon Hamza's got himself a stay of execution.

To think people were upset when Mendy got his new contract! He's played well so far, albeit against weaker opposition, and deserves a chance to show his worth. Choudhry will probably get some appearances from the bench and the European games (I don't know when the draw is but you'd expect us to only have one other strong team in our group) so that will do him good too. Hopefully Ndidi will come back fit and well quickly, and be fresh enough to run for the rest of the season

BR just said that Ndidi may need an op on his groin which will keep him out for at least 12 weeks.

Also that the club do not have the resources to add another forward.
Oh no ! Just when we were playing superb football with Ndidi adding class to our defence this happens. We have had enough bad luck, now we need a bit of good luck aka signing Fofana.

Oh no ! Just when we were playing superb football with Ndidi adding class to our defence this happens. We have had enough bad luck, now we need a bit of good luck aka signing Fofana.

I think good luck would be; someone coming in to buy Silvia, Slimani, Gray, Diabate and Ghezzal.

Managing injuries is something our medical team should be doing and the frequency and severity of injuries over the last 18 months is a worrying trend - especially when you couple it with the sacking of Dave Rennie who in the 15/16 year, worked miracles to keep the team fit and injury free.

I think good luck would be; someone coming in to buy Silvia, Slimani, Gray, Diabate and Ghezzal.

Managing injuries is something our medical team should be doing and the frequency and severity of injuries over the last 18 months is a worrying trend - especially when you couple it with the sacking of Dave Rennie who in the 15/16 year, worked miracles to keep the team fit and injury free.
Agree, we need to sell players who are not played and a burden on our huge wage bill. But going into a Europa games we need luck as far as injuries are concerned and most definitely quick class defenders.

Just on the Rennie sacking, has anyone else noticed that ever since he left John Percy is no longer reporting any exclusives on us?

Choudhry will probably get some appearances from the bench and the European games (I don't know when the draw is but you'd expect us to only have one other strong team in our group)

There will be at least one higher ranked team in our group - we'll be in pot 2 or 3, depending on which other teams qualify. Being higher ranked doesn't necessarily mean better though.
The draw is 2nd October.

There will be at least one higher ranked team in our group - we'll be in pot 2 or 3, depending on which other teams qualify. Being higher ranked doesn't necessarily mean better though.
The draw is 2nd October.
That’s next Friday. I’m quite excited to find out where we’re not going.

Gutted.

How have we gone from being so good at having few injuries and keeping our players for under Pearson and Ranieri to having so many recently?

How have we gone from being so good at having few injuries and keeping our players for under Pearson and Ranieri to having so many recently?

We were lucky then. We're unlucky now.

We need to get the Buddhist monks back in, and if that doesn't work we'll have to dig up some car parks to find another king.

Brendan confirmed Wilf needs an op and will be out for 12 weeks.

Bugger. Huge loss. And 12 weeks means it will be the busy Christmas period when he's back so hopefully we don't rush him in.

Nasty sounding injury too. Get well soon Wilf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263