New ex-players (and managers) thread

Strange that Wednesday are so far Down the table! They´ve got Kirkland in goal & have Fryatt & Connor Wickham and even got Joe Mattock on the bench!

Watching the football League show at the weekend, I was struck by how many ex players are managers

Venus, Dickov, Grayson, Robins, Powell, Rowett

Maybe it's because we never paid them much :)

Watching the football League show at the weekend, I was struck by how many ex players are managers

Venus, Dickov, Grayson, Robins, Powell, Rowett

Maybe it's because we never paid them much :)
Billy Davies too.
And quite a few ex City players work in the media. TV and Radio are full of them. Percentage wise I would imagine we have one of the highest for ex players for the size of Club. Liverpool and Arsenal have quite a few as well but when you think of Lineker Savage Claridge Keown Dublin Bright Cottee Colleymore and even Manish worked for Radio Leicester.

Billy Davies too

Aaah, I didn't know that, or maybe I did and forgot it a long time ago

A few assistant managers too...Steve Thompson, Rob Kelly, Steve Agnew, Kevin Russell

And goalkeeping coaches: Kevin Poole, Tim Flowers, Ian Walker (somewhere in China!)

Probably more...oh Roberto Mancini of course

Oh Gary Mills is Gateshead's manager

Aaah, I didn't know that, or maybe I did and forgot it a long time ago

A few assistant managers too...Steve Thompson, Rob Kelly, Steve Agnew, Kevin Russell

And goalkeeping coaches: Kevin Poole, Tim Flowers, Ian Walker (somewhere in China!)

Probably more...oh Roberto Mancini of course

Oh Gary Mills is Gateshead's manager
Since you moved abroad; Brian Deane (manager, Sarpsborg 08, Norway)

Last edited:
Neil Lennon, Frank Sinclair (og)

Ex-manager Sven in a bit of book trouble :icon_lol::

Source; http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/nak...-pinlig-episode-fra-norsk-utgave-4152793.html)

Google translation;

Nude blunder - for Eriksson : Forgot to remove embarrassing episode from the Norwegian edition
- I do not know why it is with there, says Sven -Goran Eriksson about naked story in the Norwegian edition of the biography .
The 65- year-old success coach , today announced its new autobiography ' My Story '.
The book has been translated into English, Italian , Finnish , Danish and Norwegian , and only the readers of the Norwegian edition that will be served the story of how Eriksson followed a female friend home after a humid night on the town :
"We found ourselves soon naked on the couch. Suddenly the door opens and there stands a gigantic man .
- Who the f *** are you? he shouted .
The woman had not said anything about her being married.
- It's probably best I go, I said.
- I think probably it's best Yes, replied the man. "
Pour in accident
Eriksson left the apartment wearing only a shirt and a pair of overly large basketball shoes that he found in the stairwell . The next morning he woke up in a hotel room , after which he quickly found out he had gone to the wrong hotel .
Fortunately, the receptionist recognized him , says Eriksson in the book , and gave him a room even though he had no money or cards themselves . The wallet was in fact the jacket was left with the woman .
The story ends with Eriksson smuggled into his original hotel , and through his friend Glenn Schiller he gets back clothes and wallet .
Eriksson unaware boktabben
Aftonbladet could not resist when they met Eriksson Wednesday and confronted the former Manchester City manager with the story .
- What did you think when her husband came home ?
- It's not in my book , says Eriksson .
- It's in the Norwegian edition ?
- I have absolutely no idea how the story is ended there, for it is not in my book. So I do not know and therefore can not comment on it.
- Embarrassed
The publisher behind Sven -Goran Eriksson's book, Norstedt , explains how to Aftonbladet mistake could happen.
- We edited the book all summer . We took away and added , sending information back and forth . The Norwegians have not taken away the part , they simply sloppy . They are very embarrassed , says Stefan Hilding .
- Will the issue to be withdrawn in Norway ?
- No, I think not. But when they press next edition will they remove it , said Hilding .

Last edited:
Matt Elliott and Taggs on soccer am this morning.

Matt Elliott and Taggs on soccer am this morning.

The bit with Taggart throttling Wise was a Classic, and then Elliott saying the City team were cheering it on the team bus when shown on the highlght's later that day.

Elliott announces he's the new coach in Thailand of Army FC through his connections with City.

Last edited:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756