New ex-players (and managers) thread

Ex-Everton scout Steve Walsh has revealed that he offered the club the chance to sign Liverpool and Manchester United stars Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire but the club weren’t interested. Robertson and Maguire both played for Hull when Walsh made the enquiry about bringing the pair to Everton.

Robertson now plays for Liverpool and has won the Champions League with the club, becoming one of the best left-backs in the world in the process. Maguire moved on from Hull to join Leicester for £16million, where he established himself as a fully-fledged England international. The centre-back scored at the World Cup for the Three Lions against Sweden in the quarter-finals.

In the summer, Maguire became the most expensive defender in football history when he moved to Manchester United for £80million. But according to Walsh, both players could have been Everton players if they’d have gone with his suggestions.

“While I was at Everton, I offered them Andrew Robertson and Harry Maguire deals, when they were at Hull, and it was worth £20 million for the pair,” he told the Athletic. “I had a deal done for Jonny Evans too before he came to Leicester, but again they wouldn’t take him.” But Walsh goes on to state that Maguire and Robertson weren’t the only two players who would have moved to Everton before their careers took off.

The former Leicester scout also claims he offered Everton the chance to sign Red Bull Salzburg starlet Erling Braut Haaland. “Erling Haaland, the striker with Salzburg, I had him and his dad at the club with a deal done for €4 million. The club wouldn’t back me,” Walsh added. Haaland has scored 26 goals in 22 games this season and has notched five hat-tricks for the Austrian side.

His form has been so eye-catching that United are thought to be interested in capturing his signature when the January transfer window opens.

Ex-Everton scout Steve Walsh has revealed that he offered the club the chance to sign Liverpool and Manchester United stars Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire but the club weren’t interested. Robertson and Maguire both played for Hull when Walsh made the enquiry about bringing the pair to Everton.

Robertson now plays for Liverpool and has won the Champions League with the club, becoming one of the best left-backs in the world in the process. Maguire moved on from Hull to join Leicester for £16million, where he established himself as a fully-fledged England international. The centre-back scored at the World Cup for the Three Lions against Sweden in the quarter-finals.

In the summer, Maguire became the most expensive defender in football history when he moved to Manchester United for £80million. But according to Walsh, both players could have been Everton players if they’d have gone with his suggestions.

“While I was at Everton, I offered them Andrew Robertson and Harry Maguire deals, when they were at Hull, and it was worth £20 million for the pair,” he told the Athletic. “I had a deal done for Jonny Evans too before he came to Leicester, but again they wouldn’t take him.” But Walsh goes on to state that Maguire and Robertson weren’t the only two players who would have moved to Everton before their careers took off.

The former Leicester scout also claims he offered Everton the chance to sign Red Bull Salzburg starlet Erling Braut Haaland. “Erling Haaland, the striker with Salzburg, I had him and his dad at the club with a deal done for €4 million. The club wouldn’t back me,” Walsh added. Haaland has scored 26 goals in 22 games this season and has notched five hat-tricks for the Austrian side.

His form has been so eye-catching that United are thought to be interested in capturing his signature when the January transfer window opens.

Everton's loss is our gain in the from of both Maguire and Evans. Imagine if we'd got in Robertson as well, he's a top top player.

I'd love to have Mr. Walsh back - a fantastic scout.

What the hell were Everton doing?

They view things slightly differently.

They view things slightly differently.

Wow

Walsh is easily the biggest idiot to associated with the club in years. A proven liar and an utter moron that did more damage to Everton FC then Martinez, Koeman, BFS and Silva combined.

Walsh is easily the biggest idiot to associated with the club in years. A proven liar and an utter moron that did more damage to Everton FC then Martinez, Koeman, BFS and Silva combined.
If I liked him before, I love him now!

Just watching FA Cup football, and the manager of Maldon & Tiptree, is Wayne Brown,

[Newport have just gone ahead in the 91st minute, 9 minutes injury time ]

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756