New ex-players (and managers) thread

He was out on loan for most of the season. I don't think he played a league game for us.
He played against Bury in the League Cup but that was his only game for us in 15/16. He definitely wouldn't have got a Premier League medal (as claimed in the article). He would have got a Championship medal in 13/14 though.

I like Pearson (a bit of a balm cake but nonetheless, indeed that's kinda why I like him) I don't like Boris.

It's not like Nigel to shy away from an opinion but I actually reckon he's being unfair there. For Boris, I thought that was rather a statesman-like performance, played with the right amount of gravitas. And as Skitzo says, Johnson towed the line (for a change) I was actually rather surprised he had it in him.

The government stance, scientifically, economically, socially and emotionally is absolutely bang on the money at present.

Nigel Pearson is a buffoon.
Cambiasso told him to say it.

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write. I agree with NP completely.

Johnson has been behind this thing all the way.

His explanation is to follow the scientific advice but that's simplistic. Scientific advice includes wanting the infection to spread more. There may be some logic to this but it's the wrong message for a 'leader' to stand behind, as many good leaders around the world are demonstrating.

He's effectively asking people to accept that loved ones will die. The instinct of any right minded person is to protect and prevent, not to expose vulnerable people as part of a fecking graph.

A true leader listens to scientific advice and then makes decisions that are humane. Johnson is patently out of his depth.
How many leaders are competent in the field of medicine?
Not many I know of, although some have stronger answers than others.
This is a totally unique situation, to jump on the bandwagon and have a dig at the prime minister shows more of your character, and others, than his.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854