Protests in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Wankbadger and Vance Cockwomble.

I'm not a fan of David Vance. Im sure he's said something at some time that i agree with but generally don't like the guy. I am not a fan of the alt-right.

I am a fan of not being grouped into being this or that and being an individual who agrees with specific points here and there of different people.

Add in the David Icke stuff and there are some members of this forum you start to wonder about.

All three have said plenty of vile or crazy things. But that doesn't mean that everything they say is crazy; sometimes they might have something very useful and valid to say. That's all I'm trying to get at.

Don't discount someone's opinion because of their reputation. "Oh she's a racist" or "he's a nutjob" then everything they say is forever and always ignored. When a lot of the time they still have plenty to offer.

All three have said plenty of vile or crazy things. But that doesn't mean that everything they say is crazy; sometimes they might have something very useful and valid to say. That's all I'm trying to get at.

Don't discount someone's opinion because of their reputation. "Oh she's a racist" or "he's a nutjob" then everything they say is forever and always ignored. When a lot of the time they still have plenty to offer.
They don't have anything to offer any of the time, largely because everything they offer is vacuous bollocks designed to inflame and make themselves relevant. If they could get more attention spouting radical left-wing nonsense they would in a heartbeat.

So you think she's a **** because she's worried about spreading COVID-19?

You've lost the plot mate.
Yeah, she's proper worried about it.

This definitely has nothing to do with her hatred of anything non-white and a desire to oppress and supress the valid protests.

Ah ok. So you just assume that everything she says is evil and disgusting instead of actually looking at what's being said specifically.

If you actually read what she wrote she was complaining that people were protesting despite COVID-19 restrictions.

She had a problem with idiots tearing up infrastructure around the world and being violent and beating people over the George Floyd death.

She's 100% correct regarding this issue. What happened to social distancing etc? And we all have to ****ing suffer because of these dickheads at protests spreading disease.

The worst thing is that these protests are bullshit. They're in the name of Black Lives Matter. When there is zero evidence to suggest that the cop involved is even racist. This is about police brutality.

She can be a ****. But she's right here.

It's amazing how every time a black man is killed by a white cop, there's no evidence they were racist. It's police brutality, not racism that drives these incidents every time. Sure.

I'd never heard of Vance but a minute on his Twitter gave me a headache.

Twitter is broken and people seem absurdly angry about everything.

What is left and right anyway? I'd never trust anyone that identified as either. If you can only have an opinion that fits a particular narrative, you're not worth shit.
I was talking about this the other day. I don't know if it's because there are so many trolls out there now who attack anybody who changes their mind, or if people are automatically so defensive of their own PoV, but the vast majority of people now seem unwilling to change their mind on anything. The ultra-macho demeanor of the two wombles in charge of the UK and US don't help.

The other day, CNN had a great article about Trump's people. One of his hench women pointed out that CNN had spread a false story before about Trump, and they'd even had to issue an apology. The point of the article was - quite right, we did. And why is it such a terrible thing to admit when you've got something wrong? The fact that Trump, Boris, Cummings etc won't ever admit they got something wrong spreads into society.

To be fair to Katie and her followers a few weeks of a strict lockdown followed by the very loose restrictions that we have now is waaaay way way harder than dealing with and feeling the effects of hundreds of years of institutionalised racism and the racism ingrained in our society.

I’ve typed out a reply a couple of times, but keep changing it.

Ultimately, she’s a twat. Given some of the things she says, I couldn’t give a shiny shit if she said the most “valid” thing ever. She doesn’t deserve to be acknowledged for it, on the basis that she has lost that right by spouting the vile nonsense that she has come out with.

I think she is best ignored, as to respond to her is to feed her.

The worst thing is that these protests are bullshit. They're in the name of Black Lives Matter. When there is zero evidence to suggest that the cop involved is even racist. This is about police brutality.
Right, left, centre it doesn't matter. This is still a ****ing stupid thing to write. Seriously, if your head remains inside your anus much longer you may go blind.

Ah ok. So you just assume that everything she says is evil and disgusting instead of actually looking at what's being said specifically.

If you actually read what she wrote she was complaining that people were protesting despite COVID-19 restrictions.

She had a problem with idiots tearing up infrastructure around the world and being violent and beating people over the George Floyd death.

She's 100% correct regarding this issue. What happened to social distancing etc? And we all have to ****ing suffer because of these dickheads at protests spreading disease.

Wow, you are such a Katie Hopkin sympathiser that you can't see the real motives behind that thinly veiled shit she posted?

The comments you make further down explain perfectly why you would align with a racist old **** like Hopkins. You clearly have no idea about the wider societal issue at play here and genuinely think it's about one bad cop (who by the way had 18 previous disputes against him) killing a guy.

Police brutality.......look at the ****ing stats and you might see who this brutality is aimed at in the main.

Do some reading on the subject before coming on here and spouting your Hopkinsesque bollocks

Wow, you are such a Katie Hopkin sympathiser that you can't see the real motives behind that thinly veiled shit she posted?

The comments you make further down explain perfectly why you would align with a racist old **** like Hopkins. You clearly have no idea about the wider societal issue at play here and genuinely think it's about one bad cop (who by the way had 18 previous disputes against him) killing a guy.

Police brutality.......look at the ****ing stats and you might see who this brutality is aimed at in the main.

Do some reading on the subject before coming on here and spouting your Hopkinsesque bollocks

I’d be willing to bet a large sum of money that these Hopkins types have been putting out shit about how George Floyd was a criminal or a wife beater or a shit parent. Make the argument as myopic and simple as possible and then it’s easier for the ‘what about my rights’ bullshit to start.

When I first saw the image without knowing anything about it, my immediate thought was “policeman killing civilian” not “white man killing black man”. But then I’m a white man who has never experienced racism.

It really is a sad state of affairs that it’s (quite understandably) seen to be racist by so many (including me at second glance).

No, she isn’t.

Add in the David Icke stuff and there are some members of this forum you start to wonder about.

*Wondering ended.

If you focus on the main issue here, a racist cop used his power to murder a black man. It is an obvious enough case if you read/watch what took place and I hope the sick bastard goes to prison for a long time. If you cannot condemn that for what it is, you're being deliberately ignorant.

However, we've already seen more people die as a result of the protests than George Floyd. The homes/businesses of many white and black people have been ruined. Even pleas from the victims family have not stopped the left/right rent-a-mobs from their self-indulgent disorder.

Angry protest, looting, fighting, screaming abuse at cops or army or politicians will achieve absolutely nothing other than to entrench views and tensions. Nobody in a position of authority changes their mind by being threatened/abused.

Angry protest, looting, fighting, screaming abuse at cops or army or politicians will achieve absolutely nothing other than to entrench views and tensions. Nobody in a position of authority changes their mind by being threatened/abused.
Some of the world’s greatest strides forward have come in the wake of protest, riots, and destruction. You think the US got rid of segregation by MLK saying “I have a dream”? Sometimes shit needs ****ing up. US police departments are little more than militarised gangs legitimised by their uniforms and excused for murder after murder after murder, almost all of which committed against black men. It boggles my mind how comfortable some white people are with instructing black people how they may or may not respond to the constant threat of racist violence.

Some of the world’s greatest strides forward have come in the wake of protest, riots, and destruction. You think the US got rid of segregation by MLK saying “I have a dream”? Sometimes shit needs ****ing up. US police departments are little more than militarised gangs legitimised by their uniforms and excused for murder after murder after murder, almost all of which committed against black men. It boggles my mind how comfortable some white people are with instructing black people how they may or may not respond to the constant threat of racist violence.

Spot on.

Add to this fact that peaceful protesters are being tear gassed and shot at.

The US is being ran by a white supremacist, its a massive step backwards for the black population of that country.

If you want a good example of why symbolism and being nice about it doesn't work just look at the Kaepernick situation.

Oh you want equality and are willing to take a stand for it..... Well **** you, you are fired..... Direct from that steaming racist of a presidents own mouth.

I will not condemn reactions to this, I couldn't possibly understand or feel the helplessness an American black person currently feels

I’m sure many of you know of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I thought he wrote a really interesting piece earlier this week:

I thought this quote was particularly well written:

“Racism in America is like dust in the air. It seems invisible — even if you’re choking on it — until you let the sun in. Then you see it’s everywhere. As long as we keep shining that light, we have a chance of cleaning it wherever it lands. But we have to stay vigilant, because it’s always still in the air.”

Spot on.

Add to this fact that peaceful protesters are being tear gassed and shot at.

The US is being ran by a white supremacist, its a massive step backwards for the black population of that country.

If you want a good example of why symbolism and being nice about it doesn't work just look at the Kaepernick situation.

Oh you want equality and are willing to take a stand for it..... Well **** you, you are fired..... Direct from that steaming racist of a presidents own mouth.

I will not condemn reactions to this, I couldn't possibly understand or feel the helplessness an American black person currently feels

Pretty much spot on. One of the big problems here was that some people took it upon themselves to have once had the audacity to elect a black man as President, although it is vehemently denied, it is pretty obvious that is why he is disliked.

I have never considered myself a racist but like most white people because racism didn't directly affect me I didn't really pay much attention to it. That makes me part of the problem. Since moving to the US I have read several books on the history of black people in America and Iooking around I see that some things haven't really changed in the past two hundred years. I also have a six year old mixed race grandchild so I have started to take some of these incidents personally.

Oh, there's one other thing, a lot of people in Britain shouldn't be getting on their high horse about this either, there are plenty of problems there too. They just need to look a little closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757