New ex-players (and managers) thread

Not a player or manager, former scout Rob MacKenzie has moved to Villa from OH Leuven. I didn’t realise he’d left Spurs

Craig Shakespeare joins Villa as assistant head coach. Put your money on Bournemouth announcing Terry as their new manager in the next 48 hours.

Craig Shakespeare joins Villa as assistant head coach. Put your money on Bournemouth announcing Terry as their new manager in the next 48 hours.
A very shrewd move by Dean Smith, that.

Interview with Shinji on the Athletic was interesting. Shared his frustration at seeing new strikers arrive every year. And at being subbed every game he started. Still felt he had something to offer as a striker even in his last season. Felt at City he was challenged to play a different role to his previous career. Said he had good and bad memories of his time at Leicester, but still follows us.

Also, Tanner said that Steve Walsh advised the club not to buy Slimani but when he left Claudio went ahead. Not sure if that’s been said before.

And all said with a smile on his face, I’m sure.

Interview with Shinji on the Athletic was interesting. Shared his frustration at seeing new strikers arrive every year. And at being subbed every game he started. Still felt he had something to offer as a striker even in his last season. Felt at City he was challenged to play a different role to his previous career. Said he had good and bad memories of his time at Leicester, but still follows us.

Also, Tanner said that Steve Walsh advised the club not to buy Slimani but when he left Claudio went ahead. Not sure if that’s been said before.

And all said with a smile on his face, I’m sure.

Okazaki's finishing wasn't good enough when he did have opportunities.

I think the Slimani story is quite well known. Walsh had him on the list but said he was only worth about £10m and we shouldn't pay more. Ranieri and Rudkin shat themselves when it looked like Vardy could leave and massively overpaid for him. Slimani even had a buy out clause that was quite a lot below what we paid that expired about a month before we signed him. It was insanity.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363