New ex-players (and managers) thread

Gray starts for Leverkusen tonight. They are losing 0-3 at HT away to Young Boys.

He did a good job at Watford and was very harshly sacked. This is a fantastic appointment for Bristol

Was half expecting him to come back to hold the fort till the end of the season when Brendan ditches us for Spurs.

Was half expecting him to come back to hold the fort till the end of the season when Brendan ditches us for Spurs.
I think that is more hope given how frequently you slate BR - you really need to let NP go.

Whilst he did do fantastic for us, we are way beyond any level he would have ever taken us to.

I think that is more hope given how frequently you slate BR - you really need to let NP go.

Whilst he did do fantastic for us, we are way beyond any level he would have ever taken us to.
I agree, hence why I mentioned a short term solution.

If Brendan walked out and we couldn’t get a long term target until the end of the season, and Nige was available, I would bet my last pound that we’d parachute him in short term.

But he deserves more than that, I think he’ll do really well at Bristol City.

If Brendan walked out and we couldn’t get a long term target until the end of the season, and Nige was available, I would bet my last pound that we’d parachute him in short term.
But you do realise that won't be happening don't you?

I agree, hence why I mentioned a short term solution.

But he deserves more than that, I think he’ll do really well at Bristol City.

OK Elsa.

Why should he be given any sort of third chance here??

Radio5Live interrupted commentary to announce that Nigel Pearson has been appointed at Bristol City. I'm pretty sure they mentioned his previous position was at Leuven. They did mention that the Belgium club was linked to us. I'm surprised they didn't mention snakes.

Great appointment.

I was only thinking the other day that it’s crazy that a city like Bristol have never had a Premier League team. I bet they will soon.

Great appointment.

I was only thinking the other day that it’s crazy that a city like Bristol have never had a Premier League team. I bet they will soon.
Sure, Joey Barton could get Rovers up through the divisions.

As for Pearson, he’s a busted flush. He’s failed everywhere since leaving us. Even at Watford where the narrative is he would have kept them up but the reality is he was taking them down. We’d quite rightly be a laughing stock if we employed him as manager for any length of time under any circumstances. I’ll always have great respect for him, primarily for the fantastic job he did in getting us of of League One at the first attempt. But in 2021 I don’t see him as a fantastic appointment for any club.

I think you must be forgetting quite how far behind Watford were when he took over. The PPG he achieved was top ten and don't forget that his was the only team to beat last season's incredible Liverpool before the lockdown. I expect him to do very well for Bristol

Sure, Joey Barton could get Rovers up through the divisions.

As for Pearson, he’s a busted flush. He’s failed everywhere since leaving us. Even at Watford where the narrative is he would have kept them up but the reality is he was taking them down. We’d quite rightly be a laughing stock if we employed him as manager for any length of time under any circumstances. I’ll always have great respect for him, primarily for the fantastic job he did in getting us of of League One at the first attempt. But in 2021 I don’t see him as a fantastic appointment for any club.
I think that’s a bit unfair on what he did at Watford.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854