New ex-players (and managers) thread

Barney Ronay says he's "underated"

He is by Man City. Their fans don't appreciate him although that may finally be changing after last night.

He's a sensational player, the best I've ever seen play for my team. It still pains me to see him stuck in the pep roulette world of bench/play/bench/play.

Chilwell is another underrated player. He was excellent against Real Madrid last week, they couldn't cope with him at all. Kante doesn't get the underrated treatment.

It's amazing how much we've strengthened our direct rivals over the last few years. We could easily have three in the CL final and the other three sides in the top four all depend on our former stars.

He is by Man City. Their fans don't appreciate him although that may finally be changing after last night.

He's a sensational player, the best I've ever seen play for my team. It still pains me to see him stuck in the pep roulette world of bench/play/bench/play.

Chilwell is another underrated player. He was excellent against Real Madrid last week, they couldn't cope with him at all. Kante doesn't get the underrated treatment.

It's amazing how much we've strengthened our direct rivals over the last few years. We could easily have three in the CL final and the other three sides in the top four all depend on our former stars.
The tragedy is that in the last 6 or more months Chilwell was with us he was no better than Luke Thomas. For what reason is unclear.

My belief is that he knew Chelsea wanted him and he didn't give 100 percent in that time to avoid injury.

The tragedy is that in the last 6 or more months Chilwell was with us he was no better than Luke Thomas. For what reason is unclear.

My belief is that he knew Chelsea wanted him and he didn't give 100 percent in that time to avoid injury.

I think Chilwell has addressed this in an interview. He said that he struggled with his mental health partly due to the criticism he received from City fans last season. Understandably, this affected his form.

It also probably meant that he wasn't that keen on staying.

Tbh, I'd rather us have the out of form Chilwell in our side than Thomas, or any of our LB options currently.

I'm still struggling to see the hype in Thomas atm. He puts it a good cross but every other part of his game seems a way off the standard we now require imo.

Loan move with regular football for him and an established left footed left back would be better for both him and us.

Tbh, I'd rather us have the out of form Chilwell in our side than Thomas, or any of our LB options currently.
I agree. But I'd much rather have a fit Justin in our side than a fit Chilwell. I genuinely think in Justin we improved our LB position. I wouldn't want Chilwell in the squad if it meant Justin being back on the bench.

I hope I recall it correctly. At the cup game against Villa, at home, Chilwell seemed to hit 10 yards within the opposition half and stop. It occurred time and time again. I was utterly frustrating.

I hope I recall it correctly. At the cup game against Villa, at home, Chilwell seemed to hit 10 yards within the opposition half and stop. It occurred time and time again. I was utterly frustrating.
That’s some self insight!

Kante and Chilwell versus Mahrez in the Champions League final this year.

Who will you be supporting? Chelsea for me.

I'd like them both to lose but as i accept it's unlikely would rather chelsea to win out of the two.

It’s a shit sandwich for sure but I can’t bring myself to want anything good to happen to Man City and Guardiola.

Neither. I may not even watch but if I do it'll be to watch the game as a neutral. That said, shit may happen during the game for me to take a side. But I do like good things to happen for N'golo, so there is that.

Surely we have to support Man City?

Given that if Chelsea win then it creates a possibility for us to finish Top 4 and be robbed of a Champions League place?

I'd prefer Man City to win anyway - Chelsea are still my most hated side, so I'd hate to see them win anything. Man City are at least enjoyable to watch.

Neither. I may not even watch but if I do it'll be to watch the game as a neutral. That said, shit may happen during the game for me to take a side. But I do like good things to happen for N'golo, so there is that.

Seeing N'Golo's smiling face if they win is pretty much the only silver lining I could find in a Chelsea win.

Surely we have to support Man City?

Given that if Chelsea win then it creates a possibility for us to finish Top 4 and be robbed of a Champions League place?

I'd prefer Man City to win anyway - Chelsea are still my most hated side, so I'd hate to see them win anything. Man City are at least enjoyable to watch.
The Final will be played after the PL has finished, so we will know by then if Chelsea are in the the top 4 or not. Not to mention ourselves....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854