New ex-players (and managers) thread

If I remember correctly, his initial transfer policy was to sign half the England U21s but none of them wanted to come. For example, he wanted Paul Robinson but ended up signing Simon Royce.

He simultaneously ditched senior pros like Walsh, Cottee, Marshall. His idiocy was most obvious in selling Lennon who we all knew we couldn't afford to lose and spend most of the proceeds on Matty Jones. Criminal behaviour.

It was a total shit show wasting £20m which MON had diligently accumulated and it fecked us for the next decade.

Twatlor heads my worst ever City manager list. Nobody really comes close in terms of destroy and exit. I wish him nothing but professional ill fortune.
Hindsight would have been useful back then, as many were more than a tad pleased that he was our new manager.
[When he first signed of course!]

Goes to show how quickly it can all go tits up.

Vardy, Evans and Kasper reach the end, Youri ****s off, we sign a boat load of dross in a panic and viola. Yoevil Town on a Friday night.

Fun fact about Tony Cottee: the season he left us, he played in all of the top four divisions of English football. First outfield player to ever do it.

I think I’ve posted this before, a Chap I working with at that time, his brother worked in the finance department at the club and after his first season, despite us being top at one point, didn’t finish to well, Taylor convinced the board with 3 quality signings he would bring us European football, we got Walker, Wise and Scrowcroft and the rest as they say is history

He was appalling. As appalling as it gets for a football manager really. Hideously out if his depth and given far too much backing by ****s in suits who knew as little as he did about football.

Wishing him ill fortune or some such nonsense however is the petulant rattle throwing I've come to expect from some. Bless them.

Never gave Arnie enough of a chance.

He was appalling. As appalling as it gets for a football manager really. Hideously out if his depth and given far too much backing by ****s in suits who knew as little as he did about football.

Wishing him ill fortune or some such nonsense however is the petulant rattle throwing I've come to expect from some. Bless them.

Love you x

Goes to show how quickly it can all go tits up.

Vardy, Evans and Kasper reach the end, Youri ****s off, we sign a boat load of dross in a panic and viola. Yoevil Town on a Friday night.
Viola; That’s Fiorentina, right? Europa League maybe? Or the Anglo-Italian Cup?

This was originally posted in the pre-match thread for Sunday's game. There is a call up for Calvin Ughelumba who seems to not be called Bassey anymore.

Demarai Gray has been outstanding today. And I thought he was a very average player. What do I know.

Demarai Gray has been outstanding today. And I thought he was a very average player. What do I know.
He grew up and matured from being a petulant kid. It took a move to Germany for him to realise how well off he had been. There was nothing we didn't try or could have done to change him. I wish he could have done it for us but it wasn't to be.

No one on here rated or wanted Townsend either despite the numerous times we were linked with him. A pity we couldn't have had them both on their current form.

He grew up and matured from being a petulant kid. It took a move to Germany for him to realise how well off he had been. There was nothing we didn't try or could have done to change him. I wish he could have done it for us but it wasn't to be.

No one on here rated or wanted Townsend either despite the numerous times we were linked with him. A pity we couldn't have had them both on their current form.
Agreed. I really wanted Gray to kick on for us, but he can’t say he didn’t have the chances and he left at the right time. his form isn’t necessarily going to last though.

I did have to laugh earlier when the commentator said he might be in Southgate’s thinking. It really doesn’t take much to get in the England talk does it.

If he carries on in this vein until mid-season I'm sure he will come into Southgate's thinking, and whatever other people's views on here, I'm delighted he finally seems to be realising his potential. He's still only 25 and we have seen other similar late developers before.

If he carries on in this vein until mid-season I'm sure he will come into Southgate's thinking, and whatever other people's views on here, I'm delighted he finally seems to be realising his potential. He's still only 25 and we have seen other similar late developers before.
He plays for a rival team so I’m not at all delighted about his form. Having said that, while I agree that he never would have fulfilled whatever potential he has, with us, when he left I had no ill feelings toward him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854