New ex-players (and managers) thread

Kevin Phillips has been named manager of South Shields.

I give credit to Phillips for turning Vardy into a top PL striker. It was only after Phillips started working with him that he got much smarter with his movement and finishing.

I don't really understand why position specific coaches turn work freelance and tout their services to individual players/clubs. There is so much scope for it. For example, as it stands, what the feck is any striker going to learn from any of our current coaching staff?

I give credit to Phillips for turning Vardy into a top PL striker. It was only after Phillips started working with him that he got much smarter with his movement and finishing.

I don't really understand why position specific coaches turn work freelance and tout their services to individual players/clubs. There is so much scope for it. For example, as it stands, what the feck is any striker going to learn from any of our current coaching staff?
Are you suggesting that Kolo Toure and Mike Stowell aren’t ideal mentors for people whose job it is to score goals?

Are you suggesting that Kolo Toure and Mike Stowell aren’t ideal mentors for people whose job it is to score goals?

Toure is a perfect mentor to show people how to be a lovely chap and Stowell can teach anyone how to get away with murder by staying in a role for ever despite being no good.

I did wonder if we might be sniffing around given our desperation in that position and his familiarity with the club.

Might be a bit cheaper now too.
That is absolutely bizarre behaviour from Reading. I’d go on strike if my boss tried to publicly humiliate me like that. Sounds like he tried to go about it the right way by talking to the manager first.

Plastic club anyway.

He's taken a big paycut already to help this spendthrift plastic club out of the hole it's dug himself. They're the ****s in this story

My word, was that Craig Shakespeare I've just seen barking instructions and counting fingers from the Norwich technical area. I nearly didn't recognise him without his balls.

Christ, what happened to him?

And what were Sky showing so that you could see that?! Ultra HD must be a better picture than I'd realised.

I did wonder if we might be sniffing around given our desperation in that position and his familiarity with the club.

Might be a bit cheaper now too.
I'm sure our back rooms bods with computers and that software program will key in the relevant numbers etc, just in the name of due diligence etc. My hunch is the computer will say no though, but who knows.... 6 month contract, reduced wages.... beggars and choosers etc

If the Reading manager wasn't such a reportedly 'my way or highway' prick then my cynicism might suggest to me that Moore might have kicked the toys out at an opportune time. I think he was a bit miffed that he missed out on Jamie's party and wants in again.

I'm sure our back rooms bods with computers and that software program will key in the relevant numbers etc, just in the name of due diligence etc. My hunch is the computer will say no though, but who knows.... 6 month contract, reduced wages.... beggars and choosers etc

If the Reading manager wasn't such a reportedly 'my way or highway' prick then my cynicism might suggest to me that Moore might have kicked the toys out at an opportune time. I think he was a bit miffed that he missed out on Jamie's party and wants in again.
Worth exploring as a loan at least. They aren’t going to play him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854