New ex-players (and managers) thread

I'm no fan of Pep-ball. In fact I think it's tedious shite. I'm no fan of him either. He's an arrogant twat of a man.

However, he found an angle that no other manager had. He found a style that was ahead of the curve and has exploited it beautitfully. In that respect, he is a clever manager laughing all the way to the bank.

The problem I have is the 'Plastic Pep' brigade all just copying his approach and not doing it as well as him. Then the entire game becomes interpretations of the same style which is unbelievably dull. Rodgers is as guilty as any of them. Every season now, we start out playing an inferior form of football identical to one used by Man City a couple of seasons before. It's so obvious and pathetic.

I think it's really easy to play against Pep-ball if you aren't an ego driven wanker of a manager. One day soon, somebody will come along and blow it to pieces by being brave. And then the half-wit copycat coaches will see it into the bin.

He actually isn't. Not in relative terms.

1) Barcelona.

Walked into the manager's seat at a club he'd been at for years & knew inside out. A team that were ALREADY one of the best in the world, filled with star quality & top level experience. PLUS a certain Mr L. Messi, in his early twenties at the time & at the start of a run of form that would see him become the best player in the world over the next decade. The number of games in that period that Messi won almost single handedly is pretty much impossible to count. It was probably harder NOT to win the CL with that team.

Overrated.

2) Bayern

**** all.

Absolutely **** all. Dominant domestically before he got there. Dominant domestically while he was there. Dominant domestically after he left. Nothing in the champions league.
The dream team of me & my mate Dozy Dave could have won the Bundesliga with that squad. Big ****ing deal.

3) Man City

Spends a ****ing billion quid & wins the PL. As you would. As you're supposed to.
Both of his predecessors also won it. Again, big ****ing deal.

Deepest squad in the league, most expensive squad in the entire ****ing world. How amazing to actually win your league. Who woulda thunk it ?

But as everyone knows, he was employed for only one reason. To crack the next level & win the champions league. & yet he manages to outspend every club on the planet & still not manage it. Struggles to even make the final.

AND that includes losing a semi-final to Spurs.

****ING SPURS !!

This was prime bottle artist era Spurs too. At the time they held the record for the most consecutive losses in major semi-finals. A team conditioned to blow it at the last hurdle. & he managed to lose to them.

If I recall correctly that was mostly due to a universally baffling team selection in the away leg.

So, 2 huge clubs have employed him specifically to win one competition & he's spent 12 years failing to do so. Despite a virtually unlimited budget for most of that time.

Successful manager ? In pure numbers, sure, yes.

In terms of achievement relative to resources ? Bollocks.

& a transcendant footballing genius, as we're constantly being told ?

Suck my ****ing cock.

Chancer. Fraud.

The Boris Johnson of world football.
Keeping the dominance train rolling is harder than most people think it is. Like BN I think the reason why he's so successful is partly because he's managed to convince other managers there's only one way to play and lo and behold, it's the style that his team of superstars is particularly good at.

There is a reason why we scored so frequently and freely against them for a time. It's just a shame Rodgers has fallen for it as well, and can't see that there is one way to beat Man City that really doesn';t seem that complicated.

He actually isn't. Not in relative terms.

1) Barcelona.

Walked into the manager's seat at a club he'd been at for years & knew inside out. A team that were ALREADY one of the best in the world, filled with star quality & top level experience. PLUS a certain Mr L. Messi, in his early twenties at the time & at the start of a run of form that would see him become the best player in the world over the next decade. The number of games in that period that Messi won almost single handedly is pretty much impossible to count. It was probably harder NOT to win the CL with that team.

Overrated.

2) Bayern

**** all.

Absolutely **** all. Dominant domestically before he got there. Dominant domestically while he was there. Dominant domestically after he left. Nothing in the champions league.
The dream team of me & my mate Dozy Dave could have won the Bundesliga with that squad. Big ****ing deal.

3) Man City

Spends a ****ing billion quid & wins the PL. As you would. As you're supposed to.
Both of his predecessors also won it. Again, big ****ing deal.

Deepest squad in the league, most expensive squad in the entire ****ing world. How amazing to actually win your league. Who woulda thunk it ?

But as everyone knows, he was employed for only one reason. To crack the next level & win the champions league. & yet he manages to outspend every club on the planet & still not manage it. Struggles to even make the final.

AND that includes losing a semi-final to Spurs.

****ING SPURS !!

This was prime bottle artist era Spurs too. At the time they held the record for the most consecutive losses in major semi-finals. A team conditioned to blow it at the last hurdle. & he managed to lose to them.

If I recall correctly that was mostly due to a universally baffling team selection in the away leg.

So, 2 huge clubs have employed him specifically to win one competition & he's spent 12 years failing to do so. Despite a virtually unlimited budget for most of that time.

Successful manager ? In pure numbers, sure, yes.

In terms of achievement relative to resources ? Bollocks.

& a transcendant footballing genius, as we're constantly being told ?

Suck my ****ing cock.

Chancer. Fraud.

The Boris Johnson of world football.
Not a fan then?

Yes. My old Uni housemate came from there, in today’s really uninteresting fact of the day.
I know a Leicester fan from Congleton, born up there but follows his dad’s team.

Beat that.

I didn’t even know there is a town called Congleton. What you learn on TB!!!

Some great roads around there. The A54 road to Buxton is wonderful for cycling. I used to do that road when I could - better than the Cat & Fiddle road.

Been to plenty nice places in Cheshire with work. The residents in each town seem to tell every ****er that "some footballers live round here". Proper weird ****s that seem to think you'd assumed DeBruyne was living in a bedsit in Moss Side. Ruins an otherwise incredibly boring visit IMO.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854