New Feature - Digests

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

You can now get a digest of what's been posted on the forum emailed to you daily or weekly.

This is ideal for people who like to be kept up to date with what's being discussed, but don't have the time to visit the forum several times a day.

You can choose which parts of the forum you'd like to see in your digest, and what time of day you'd like to receive it.

To set up your digest go to http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/digests.php
(you'll need to be logged in to do this)

Digest FAQs

What are Digests?
Digests are email messages sent to you periodically with summary of postings made here. Weekly or daily digests are available.

Why would I want a digest?
It makes your life easier. You don't have to explicitly visit this site to see what conversations are going on around here. Just read your digest and if there is some topic that seems of interest, click on it in your email program and start participating! Unsubscribe at any time.

How often are digests sent?
They can be sent daily or weekly. Weekly digests are sent on Sundays.

When are digests sent?
You determine the hour you want to receive the digest. Whatever time you choose, you will always get the latest news so pick a time that suits your lifestyle.

What time period is covered by the digest?
Either 24 hours or 7 days, depending on whether you selected a daily or weekly digest. Messages older than this will not be sent. In addition if you want you can elect not to see messages since you last logged in, if you visited recently. You can even filter out your own messages.

Suppose I don't want summaries of every message here. Can I be selective?
Yes. You can pick the forum or forums that interest you. By default you will get messages for all forums that you are allowed to access.

What email message formats are available?
We can send you HTML or text. Unless your email program can't handle HTML (very unusual these days) we suggest HTML. Frankly, text digests look pretty plain and are harder to use. That's the nature of plain text.

Do I get the whole message text in the digest?
By default you get the first 150 characters of the text, or you can elect not to see any of the message text and just see the topic subject instead. You can select message excerpts including the first 50, 100, 150, 300 or 600 characters, or the full text of the message (up to 32,000 characters). Anything beyond the limit you set will be truncated. We recommend keeping the default message length because otherwise your digests may get so big as to be unusable. We have also heard that very large digests may be rejected by your ISP or put you over your server storage quota. An excerpt reduces bandwidth and is usually all that is needed. Why? Because each message has a convenient link that will take you to the topic or message of interest.

How do I get started?
Just click on the Digests link near the top of any page.

Can I unsubscribe?
Of course! Just go to the same page and select "None" for "Type of Digest Wanted". Then submit the form. Your subscription will end immediately.

Is my privacy protected?
Yes, your digest is sent to you and no one else at the email address you gave us in your profile. Think of the digest as a special edition newspaper customized just for you. Someone else is likely getting a completely different digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263