New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Welcome to the new forum

You don't have to register, but there are a number of features only registered members.

As a member, you can:

Edit messages you've posted.
Delete messages you've posted
Vote in polls
Create new polls
Receive email notification of replies.

Plus other features that make it easier to use.

Please read the FAQ for details of some of the advanced options.

If you want to talk about other subjects, please use the General Chat forum.

If you'd like a new forum to discuss other things (cricket, rugby?), please let me know and I'll add them to the site.

It's now nearly 24 hours since the forum went live, and a few people have had problems with the forum, so here are some of the questions and answers we've had so far:

"I can't log in"

Have you received your registration email?
If you have, and you've clicked on the link in the email to activate your account, please send a copy of the registration email to [email protected] with details of your problem.

If you haven't had your registration email, your email may have been blocked by a spam filter, you may have entered the wrong email address, or there may be other problems with your email account. Contact [email protected] and I can manually approve your account.

"The time is wrong"
The default timezone setting for new users is GMT. We're currently one hour ahead of GMT, so to make sure the forum is showing the correct time you'll need to go into your profile settings and change your timezone to GMT + 1 hour

"How do I use different colours/fonts?"
The easiest way to use these options is to type the message normally, then use your mouse or keyboard to highlight the text you want to change, then select the font options. This will insert the correct formatting codes. If you try to use the formatting codes as you type the message there's a chance that the codes will be changed/deleted.
If you do insert the codes as you type the message, click on "close tags", if you open a tag but don't close it the formatting won't work.

"Auto login doesn't work"
Auto login should work if you tick the box when you first log in. If you've done this but you're not logged in automatically it may be a problem with your cookie settings. Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies, then log in again and see if it remembers you the next time you return.
If it still doesn't work, try deleting your cookies, then starting a new broswer session before logging in again.

"Why is my name appearing as "Guest?"
If you're posting as an unregistered user, y9our name will appear as "guest" if you leave the username box empty. You can still enter a user name even if you're not registered, but the system won't let you use a name that's been registered by someone else.

If anyone has any more questions, please ask.

What a great forum 8)

If you'd like a new forum to discuss other things (cricket, rugby?), please let me know and I'll add them to the site.
I would!
I'd like a seperate section for Prediction League, to make it easier and just to see if it would be successful :)

Petrescu said:
What a great forum 8)

I would!
I'd like a seperate section for Prediction League, to make it easier and just to see if it would be successful :)

LCFC stuff should stay in the LCFC forum.

People won't look in the prediction league forum, so not as many people will enter. So then you'll have to post reminders in the LCFC forum, which defeats the object of having a separate forum.

Having a sticky thread each week is the best way of handling it.

I take it back, its not so great anymore. :(
webmaster should also update this. Its not a Leicester City Forum anymore.

its gay

webmaster said:
Petrescu said:

its gay

Do you spend your whole life going round looking for things to moan about?
Just pointing it out to you.

webmaster said:
Petrescu said:

its gay

Do you spend your whole life going round looking for things to moan about?

Was thinking the same.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

I would sooner this was just a Leicester bored like Petrescu. People want a forum with just Leicester fans, not other fans there aswell i.e Wolves.

It was wrong to split up all the forums. If I had it my way I would call the site something Leicester related and I would have these forums:

Leicester City
General Chat
Other Football related
Music
Support

This is only a preference though and I can quite happily live with it how it is.

Ricey said:
I would sooner this was just a Leicester bored like Petrescu. People want a forum with just Leicester fans, not other fans there aswell i.e Wolves.

It was wrong to split up all the forums. If I had it my way I would call the site something Leicester related and I would have these forums:

Leicester City
General Chat
Other Football related
Music
Support.
Spot on, finally some back up :shock:

Petrescu said:
Ricey said:

Leicester City
General Chat
Other Football related
Music
Support.
Spot on, finally some back up :shock:

You have x amount of leicester fans out there but you have god knows how many other fans who would use something like this. At the moment this costs webbo to run maybe if he brings in alot more people he can make a bit of cash out of it for himself with advertising etc, which could mean he might make some improvments to benefit everyone.

At the end of the day if this place was so bad you wouldn't be here!!!! Webbo at the minute puts in money and time with no return and all we do is slag off what he's doing!!

Has anyone ever heard the saying 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'

How about a forum like this one for all fans of everything, and a forum just for Leicester fans?? :wink: :wink:

City Fan said:
How about a forum like this one for all fans of everything, and a forum just for Leicester fans?? :wink: :wink:
How about Yes.
Webmaster why is there a new football forum in the football section on this football board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757