New security measures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

I saw on the news that Gordon Brown is planning to introduce increased security at the 250 busiest railway stations.

So what's to stop a terrorist driving to a smaller railway station and getting on a train there instead?

How many railways stations are there anyway? 250 "larger" ones sounds quite a lot.

Does anyone really think this is going to work?

I saw on the news that Gordon Brown is planning to introduce increased security at the 250 busiest railway stations.

So what's to stop a terrorist driving to a smaller railway station and getting on a train there instead?

How many railways stations are there anyway? 250 "larger" ones sounds quite a lot.

There is not even a ticket machine at my local train station and that goes straight into Waterloo. So the likelyhood of there being more security is 0.

There is not even a ticket machine at my local train station and that goes straight into Waterloo. So the likelyhood of there being more security is 0.
1 change and I'm in Euston. No ticket barriers and rarely a guard. Madness I tells thee....

True, same for a lot of the suburban train lines into London. Never gonna happen.
I used to work in Mortlake, and would get a train from here, Bow Brickhill(no barrier), change at Bletchley, Watford, Clapham and then alight at Mortlake and would only see a guard 1/3 of the time.

Security is shite

No. Gordon Brown himself said that one of the things that voters should know about him and his "vision" was he was tough on terrorism.

That means he is relying on terrorism as part of his re-election strategy. :icon_sad:

I used to work in Mortlake, and would get a train from here, Bow Brickhill(no barrier), change at Bletchley, Watford, Clapham and then alight at Mortlake and would only see a guard 1/3 of the time.

Security is shite

Langley, Iver, Hanwell - No barrier and direct to Paddington.

Datchet, Sunnymeads, Wraysbury, Ashford - No barrier direct into Waterloo. Peak time not a guard to be seen.

Surprised someone hasn't already tried it to tell you the truth (Just not when I am on a train though!!!)

No. Gordon Brown himself said that one of the things that voters should know about him and his "vision" was he was tough on terrorism.

That means he is relying on terrorism as part of his re-election strategy. :icon_sad:

He is already learning from the 'Dubya'

None of this stupidity is ever intended to work. It's just assuming you are too thick to realise it makes **** all difference and therefore feel reassured.

Just like having 2 queues at the airport - one where you take your shoes off to go through the scanner, and one where you don't. And the pretence that terrorists wouldn't have access to ceramic guns and knives in any case...

1 change and I'm in Euston. No ticket barriers and rarely a guard. Madness I tells thee....

Same here, in fact you can get straight from the car park onto the platform, avoiding the ticket hall totally - then straight into the brand new shiny St Pancras with that lovely glass roof.

Airport security is a farce too.

Same here, in fact you can get straight from the car park onto the platform, avoiding the ticket hall totally - then straight into the brand new shiny St Pancras with that lovely glass roof.

Airport security is a farce too.

T5 is down the road from me, so will be interesting how much work THE security guard has to do for a terminal that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48