Speculation New training ground in the pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as all the flowers are Blue.

£60 million sounds an awful lot for a training center though, I hope it doesn't impede investment in the playing squad too much.

As long as all the flowers are Blue.

£60 million sounds an awful lot for a training center though, I hope it doesn't impede investment in the playing squad too much.
I’d rather it was invested on a new training facility than be spunked on some terrible players yet again.

Has to be great news!

I don’t care what people say - our owners are great.

I’ve often thought our training ground was decent anyway, but good to have investment in something state of the art.

Closer to the M1 too it says, which could help attract players as makes it easier for them to get there from further out if they don’t want to live in Leicester.

Has to be great news!

I don’t care what people say - our owners are great.

I’ve often thought our training ground was decent anyway, but good to have investment in something state of the art.

Closer to the M1 too it says, which could help attract players as makes it easier for them to get there from further out if they don’t want to live in Leicester.
If the new training ground was in operation on deadline day would we now have Silva?

Should make a good bit of money from selling Belvoir Drive. Will be snapped up by housing developers.

Forest hill golf course apparently

So it's not really closer to the M1 than Belvoir Drive.

I was expecting it to be somewhere like Narborough/Enderby, rather than the middle of nowhere.

It might be better for people who want to avoid the traffic at J21/Fosse Park, but not so good for some of the lower paid staff who don't have cars.

So it's not really closer to the M1 than Belvoir Drive.

I was expecting it to be somewhere like Narborough/Enderby, rather than the middle of nowhere.

It might be better for people who want to avoid the traffic at J21/Fosse Park, but not so good for some of the lower paid staff who don't have cars.

If the owners can afford £60million for a training ground, I am sure they could afford a minibus and driver for those without cars.

If the owners can afford £60million for a training ground, I am sure they could afford a minibus and driver for those without cars.

That would be easy enough if they all worked the same hours and lived in the same area. There'll be people on minimum wages like catering staff and cleaners who don't work the same hours as the office staff, maybe getting in before anyone else starts work. The kid who mows the grass who's there after everyone else has gone home, etc.

That would be easy enough if they all worked the same hours and lived in the same area. There'll be people on minimum wages like catering staff and cleaners who don't work the same hours as the office staff, maybe getting in before anyone else starts work. The kid who mows the grass who's there after everyone else has gone home, etc.

So more like a Hotel - Airport shuttle service then. I am sure if they are going to build a state of the art facility, they would want to ensure it runs like clockwork, or however state of the art clocks run these days!

So I thought they had recently built a 'clone' of the stadium pitch for about £250,000.
Are they just going to write that off, or keep Belvoir Drive as an Academy facility?
Does the Academy need all the Sports Science stuff?
Though it would be nice for the youngsters to be eating and training with the seniors.
They could keep it as a community resource I suppose, unless it is worth millions for housing development?

So more like a Hotel - Airport shuttle service then. I am sure if they are going to build a state of the art facility, they would want to ensure it runs like clockwork, or however state of the art clocks run these days!

I'm sure they'll just accept that they'll have to pay a bit more for some jobs because of the location. The extra cost will be relatively small compared to the total wage bill.

A fair few of the players live in Leicester or out on the opposite side of the city to Forest Hill.

My reaction to this is very positive as long as it is an asset of the club rather than King Power.

When they bought the stadium, it was a King Power purchase, not a Leicester City one.

I understand that the distinction doesn't matter at the moment but it may be very important in the future.

Our current training ground is the clubs only remaining tangible asset.

If the owners sell Belvoir Drive, absorb the profits and then King Power take ownership of the new training ground, long term it could be terrible for us.

£60 million?! SIXTY MILLION? All we needed was a flat field, a leather ball weighing about 10lbs when wet, the inevitable jerseys for goal posts, a big stick to chase the dogs off the pitch, a smaller stick to scrape the mud off your boot studs, a skinny kid with glasses to go in goal - and on a good day - a shared bottle of Tizer at half time.

£60 million?! SIXTY MILLION? All we needed was a flat field, a leather ball weighing about 10lbs when wet, the inevitable jerseys for goal posts, a big stick to chase the dogs off the pitch, a smaller stick to scrape the mud off your boot studs, a skinny kid with glasses to go in goal - and on a good day - a shared bottle of Tizer at half time.
What about the stick to scrape the dog shite from in between the studs? Tizer, you where spoilt. Small kid with glasses, that was probably me.

What about the stick to scrape the dog shite from in between the studs? Tizer, you where spoilt. Small kid with glasses, that was probably me.
I think we used the same mud stick to clean off the dog shit - just had to be careful which end you held it. You must have been the other small kid with glasses at the opposite end of the pitch !

You are both lucky you weren’t the small kid with glasses all the others used to clean off the dog shite from their boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757